Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snapshot of Your Story - FM 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

jasonorr wrote: »
    :eek: You're doing it wrong, it has a snipping tool. Great for screenshots!

...continue?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,039 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

...continue?

Hit the windows button and it should be in the menu that pops up, if not just search for snipping tool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Just finished my second season in my Barnet game. Having read this thread I went and signed John Guidetti, absolute beast. Got something like 15 league goals before Christmas.

At that point we were hovering around midtable, floating between 8th and 16th, when (bizarrely) I was approached by Cardiff, who were struggling in the Championship, just above the relegation places. I took the job, and set about getting them up to around a mid-table finish.
    After the first couple of games I realised that wasn't going to be realistic, especially with only 3 strikers at the club (One of them being the eternally crocked Michael Chopra), and no transfer money to bring in new players, and a wage bill already ~5k p/week over budget.

Did fairly well at first, building up a 7 point gap from the relegation spots. Then it all went pear-shaped, with a run of defeats to teams around me in the table, which left me a point from safety. It ended up going to the last day, where a point away to already-relegated Barnsley was enough to keep us up.

In return for keeping them up I was offered absolutely no transfer money, and the wage budget decreased by a further 15k p/week. I took the easy way out and resigned :p

Now in October just taken over as Brentford manager, 22nd in League 2. Seems a decent squad, a couple of decent free signings and I should be well able to get them up the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭colly54

Promoted to the Championship via the Play-offs, won the final on penos. :D

So in 2 seasons, I've won League 1, came 5th in the Championship and promoted via play-offs (all with about €500,000 budget, made mainly of selling players). Aiming for about a 14th place finish this season in the Premier League, gonna be very tough.

you mean premiership gav haha:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

This is why I love this game.

Im managing Barcelona, and was drawn against Real Madrid in the Spanish Cup Quarter Final. I lost the first leg 2-1 at the Nou Camp. In the second leg, I went 2 down. I needed 3 goals to win on away goals (2 would see me lose). Then this happened...

El Clasico

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Frisbee wrote: »
    Team: Arsenal

League
    09/10 - 1st.
    10/11 - 1st. (on 'Goals For')
    11/12 - 1st.

FA Cup
    09/10 - 3rd Round - Man Utd
    10/11 -4th Round - Man Utd
    11/12 - Winner

League Cup
    09/10 - Semi's - Chelsea
    10/11 - Winner
    11/12 - 4th Round - Chelsea

Champions League
    09/10 - Winner
    10/11 - Semi's - Chelsea
    11/12 - Final - Real Madrid

Other
    10/11 - Euro Super Cup - Winner
    10/11 - World Club Cup - Winner

Where any team listed above is who I was knocked out by.

This season was a very weird one for me, the past two seasons I've barely managed to win the league ahead of Chelsea. But in 11/12 everyone else seemed to fall apart and I had the league won by 24th March with a 24 point cushion!!!
    Was a very weird year in Europe also. After leaving the group I had to get through Barca, Juve and OM to get to the final where Real beat me 1-0 with Akinfeev making the only error he has for me so far... :(

Delighted to have finally won the FA Cup also.

The board didn't even give me a chance to pick my expectations for this season, they automatically expect me to win the league, not too happy with that as I'm doing a bit of squad rebuilding.

As I said before Gourcuff and Kjaer just arrived in the summer (Gourcuff has a fractured skull though :( )

Sagna and Eboue were making noises about leaving so I went on the look out for a decent RB and found a pretty good one, Nicolas N'Koulou he's from the Ivory Coast.
    I managed to get Inter and HSV into a bidding war for Eboue and got 14M for him, pretty good for a 29 year old back up RB and then signed N'Koulou for 18M, he's 23. I don't want to but I may have to let Sagna leave soon, he won't sign a new contract, Barca and Real are both very interested in him so I reckon I can get ~20M for him. Barca just offered me 32M for Clichy aswell, not a hope I'm taking it though.

I had bought a youngish DM called Kacar in my first season for 4.5M, and have just sold him on for 9.5M, technically he was very good but had a 'Natural Fitness' rating of 7, so he was basically exhausted by HT every game. He's gone to Udinese, I reckon the pace of the Italian game will suit him much better. I have one or two replacements in mind but that's not too much of a problem position atm.

Aguero got 14 Goals and 9 Assists in all competitions from January on last season which I was happy with, hopefully he'll settle this season and start finding some serious form.

I'll probably be offloading Arshavin for ~9M very soon, he's 31 now and Nasri has developed to be much better than him.

I have been considering selling Diaby but going to keep him for this season anyway until I see how Gourcuff settles and then make a decision. He's been playing well and holds a Club record for mosts assists in one season, 23.

Akinfeev

Sagna
    Otamendi
    Vermaelen
    Clichy

Song

Fab
    Diaby

Walcott
    Nasri

RVP

Subs:
    Vela
    Ramsey
    Gourcuff
    Eduardo Salvio (AMR, this kid is very good)
    N'Koulou
    Aguero
    Kjaer
    My head is wrecked at this game.

I haven't been able to play since my last update on my season as every time I try to play the game it runs waaaaay to slow.

Like hitting space to move onto the next day or screen takes about 20 seconds and when watching match highlights the ball moves really slow, a kickout from my goalkeeper takes about 10 seconds to reach the other end of the pitch when when highlights are set to 'very fast'.

No Idea why it happened as I hadn't changed anything between the times I played it, I've even gotten rid of 20GB of crap off my HDD in the hope it might help but still nothing.

:(

Tried to pick this game up again there the other day and still running ridiculously slow even after I've uninstalled and re-installed.

Stupid computers...

Tried to pick this game up again there the other day and still running ridiculously slow even after I've uninstalled and re-installed.

Stupid computers...

PC problem so? How old is it and what are the specs? Any chance you have a virus or do you have full anti-virus on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Stupid computers...

Defrag. Might help. How much RAM you have and leagues/players loaded? Whats season now?

PC problem so? How old is it and what are the specs? Any chance you have a virus or do you have full anti-virus on it?

It runs L4D and Empire: Total War perfectly so don't think it's a PC issue.
    IvySlayer wrote: »
    Defrag. Might help. How much RAM you have and leagues/players loaded? Whats season now?

2Gb of Ram with a small database. In year 13/14 now, was running perfectly up until the start of this season then this problem just started...

2Gb of Ram with a small database. In year 13/14 now, was running perfectly up until the start of this season then this problem just started...

That's strange, have you tried starting a new game for comparison?

• Advertisement

That's wierd :s

Maybe try to upload it and let someone else run the save? It could be corrupted :(

That's strange, have you tried starting a new game for comparison?

I'll try that now and see how it goes.
    That's wierd :s

Maybe try to upload it and let someone else run the save? It could be corrupted :(

Boards is acting up and not letting me attach it for some reason. I'll try again later.

Boards is acting up and not letting me attach it for some reason. I'll try again later.

Don't think you cam upload .fm files on boards.

EDIT: You might be able to rename the extension and do it!

Don't think you cam upload .fm files on boards.

EDIT: You might be able to rename the extension and do it!

Yeah I put it into a .zip but wasn't working. I'll try later, boards has been a bit weird for me today.

I'm actually defragging my disc atm before I start a new game to see if that has any effect.

<
    Send it to my e-mail

<
    Send it to my e-mail

Just sent it there.

Cheers man

Hmmm taking its time. Just did Death Toll there :D

Hmmm taking its time. Just did Death Toll there :D

Hmmm it failed apparently.

I'll send it again now.

Nope, nothing.

I assume the defrag didn't improve performance?

Fook sake!!!

ekltgw.png

Only my Arsenal game so, I don't mind too much...any way to fix this or is it gone?

• Advertisement

:s

Look at the savefile itself? Did you crash while saving?

:s

Look at the savefile itself? Did you crash while saving?

Looked at the savefile in notepad there, it's all gibberish! I closed football manager and restarted the laptop, some force quit message came up but, I didn't touch it...mightn't have fully closed!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I reckon reinstall the game, keep your save files. That would fix teh problem

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Daryl Strawberry

Lads just started doing a quasi-comedic blog of my latest file with Ipswich, only 2 postings up so, would appreciate some feedback if you have 2 mins spare,

Make sure to start with post 1, its a bit rusty starting off but gets better,

Thanks,
    The Straw

FM2010Ipswich.blogspot.com

Lads just started doing a quasi-comedic blog of my latest file with Ipswich, only 2 postings up so, would appreciate some feedback if you have 2 mins spare,

Make sure to start with post 1, its a bit rusty starting off but gets better,

Thanks,
    The Straw

Where is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Daryl Strawberry

Where is it?

Facepalm

Facepalm

Not too bad, a very different style to blogs I've read in the past but, that may be a good thing. It will get more interesting as your game progresses!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Might as well join in the fun being playing Football manager for wow ten years now back when it was CM and robbie keane was with coventry - But the future and my story to date

Just finished my first season with Portsmouth, Tough enough as it was and hair pulling frustration i shall give a quick recap of my story

- Came into power in june/july 2009 and said i could get a mid table finish
    - Was given a transfer budget of €0.00 and 40k over my wage bill
    - First task was cutting the fat
    - Sold Hermann Hreiðarsson, John Utaka, Jamie Ashdown, Nadir Belhadj
    - Brought in one CB can't remember his name and got Christian Vieri on a free transfer
    - Then mid July a consortium decides to buy the club, yes money for me and i should be able to get a few decent players
    - Second game into the season consortioum pulls out
    - Draw a few matchs and am on a 5 game non losing/non winning streak
    - mid october im in 15 position doing fairly well playing a formation on the counter

GK - SW - DC - DC - WBR - WBL - MC - MC - ST - ST

- With this formation for a while seem to do well against chelsea and liverpool frustrating them and drawing with both twice, i'm quite pleased with that
    - Then Portsmouth become real life
    - 4 of my first team players get injured
    - i start losing one match
    - and another
    - it's now been two months without winning/drawing a match before every match day my job is on the line
    - The board don't issue any warnings, im still in the FA Cup at this point
    - Mid december another consortium comes in to take over *early christmas present?*
    - January consortium falls through :(
    - Get two young GKs for 35k at this point 20% of transfers go to my kitty
    - I sell belhadj for 7million without knowing this, thinking the 7 million will get me two or three decent players
    - I am teethering on the edge of relagation now 4 points seperates good safe distance and anihilation
    - Murmurs of disharmony in the dressing room
    - I'm now in the relagation zone and getting worried
    - Its the last day i stopped playing the game now for a week,

- Aston Villa v Portsmouth 33pts
    - Fulham v Burnley 35pts

I have a greater goal difference, but i still have to hope Fulham at least draw with burnley

3 mins in O Hara scores from close range i'm watching the table, i'm seeing me going ahead of burnley heart is in my mouth, Villa come close i keep looking at the scores still 0-0 at Craven cottage.

19 mins - Koroma scores *should have put him on the wing long ago*
    2-0 up looking comfortable 70 mins left

Quiet finish to the half

54 mins - Koroma pops up again 3-0 still 0-0 at the reebok i notice utd losing to Stoke with a glenn whealan goal. There top of the table and won this is just a run out for the kids i think

Back to my game not a lot happens i get a comfortable 3-0 my biggest win of the season

I click next knowing that sometimes the scores can change,
    I see Burnley 3 - Fulham 3 it lingers for a moment, will i be safe i wonder?

The inbox loads up a plethora of Burnly players are being offered to me i have been giving 4 million for finishing in the premiere league

I pulled off a relagation day dog fight. Now 4 of my "top" players have left due to being loan players, i bought van den borre back as i need to work on the defence with no lb and a weak cb

Its july now in game and i have just gotten a tranfer budget of 13 million :D woo

A new chairman has come in and i now have an 11 million budget to try and build up my team and finish a little higher this season

My current formation is an attacking 4-2-3-1

with two wingers and a lone poacher

When i get home tonight i shall be bringing in a new striker first off as my top scorers last season had 4 goals max

So place bets on how my second season will go now?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Facepalm

I have started following ya it seems interesting and could be a good read, its piqued my interest one might say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Rebel Boy

Do people know any good cheats for these games. If not I have a good one. If u want to manage a lower league team thats stone broke. Become their manager and add another manager to a big club like R. Madrid etc & buyn your player for millions. You'll soon be getting 3 protions in a row lol

Advertisement