Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snapshot of Your Story - FM 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,233 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Rebel Boy wrote: »
    Do people know any good cheats for these games. If not I have a good one. If u want to manage a lower league team thats stone broke. Become their manager and add another manager to a big club like R. Madrid etc & buyn your player for millions. You'll soon be getting 3 protions in a row lol

that would be crap...

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Daryl Strawberry

allanb49 wrote: »
    I have started following ya it seems interesting and could be a good read, its piqued my interest one might say

3rd installment should be up in the next few days

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭cashville

Looks good Daryl, keep it going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

I'm having an animal game with Leeds Utd at the moment , I'm about to go into my 6'th season now and finished 2'nd in the premiership last season, lost on the last day away to everton 2 points behind Tottenham who dropped points but happy with the champions league spot. Mainly focused on youth players big time from day one, I love scouting for wonderkids and new talent I think it gets better when the re-gens start to come in to the game. Anyway I'll try give a bit on insight into my team and who I found to be good players. This is the team going into next season.

Silviu Lung Jr

Zuiverloon
    Dennis Appiah
    Jorgenson
    Lional Masson

Zezinho
    Marco Varrati (AM)
    Marious Bender(DM)
    Wijlidum

Hourau
    Edin Dzeko (C)

Main man is this team is Dzeko who I got when he left Roma, large wages but he is definatly worth it, when he hits 26 he becomes the best forward in the game, he scored 36 in all comp two seasons ago and bagged 49 goals last season, Hourau is perfect partner for him scoring 29 goals himself last season, both are powerfull, skillfull and leathal in the air. Dzeko is the target man and Hourau plays off him as a deep lying play maker attacking. The midfield key man Marco Varrati, bought him at 20 from Dinemo Kiev for 4 Million, now worth 20M, excellent creativity, passing, first touch he is the Fabregas of my team creating plays, Bender is a great DM highly creative, great stamina, tackling and good in the air cost 15M this season from 1860 Munich. My wingers Zezinho from Juventus on a free is a savage winger (Wonderkid) who matures at about 21 and has 18 assists last season great pace and crossing, same for Wijnuldum who is 22 similar player to zezinho on the right hand side.

The defence, Silvui Lung Jr is a great keeper only thing that hinders him is his acceleration and pace but I reckon his control of area and aerial ability, shot stopping makes up for this. The center backs Jorgenson I bought from Fulham at 23 good pace, concentration, decent in the air. Appiah I just signed from Monico for 18M he is young at 22 but looks like he will be a star, Zuiverloon from Ajax 2 seasons ago good full back and Masson last season was 14M he is only 20 and I believe will become one of the best left backs in the game good season last year.

Subs:
    Mattew Killganon - Been a good CB for me over the years but is ageing now, very solid

Tinga - DM Brazil, signed him young has done a very good job in Championship and premier level.

Neymar - Just signed from Standard at 15M, Striker 22, Brazilian hope he will become Dzekos partner when Horau retires he is 31.

Juan Gabreil - Regen striker, Spanish 19, Excellent stats and rapidly improving.

Chris Davies - Dubbed next Alan Sherear he is at Peterboragh at the start, becomes very good.

Stephan Moran - Irish 18 year old , 80 youth goals two seasons.

Namanja Matic - From Chelsea 4 years ago 2M, Passing now 18, Creativity 20, Heading 18 6'4.

Nacer Barizite - Signed from Arsenal 3 years ago good back up for the wingers but not world class.

Mattew Connoly - From Everton can cover all the backline, good player and can bea first teamer.

Under 18 team is packed with prospects I'll report more on them at a later date. Hope this was of some help to people earlier in a game than myself. Hope to win the league this season!

Started a game with Arsenal.

My 1st season I came 6th, bit of a disaster and I nearly lost my job. Lost the League cup final to City and got hammered 4-1 in the 3rd round of the FA Cup to United. I did well in Europe somehow, got to the Semi-final but Real beat me 5-1 on aggregate. My signings were Gourcuff, Mexes, Frey and Yaya Sanogo. Massive clearout, Denilson, Walcott, Eboue etc etc.

League 6th
    League cup Runner up
    FA Cup 3rd round
    CL Semi-final

The 2nd season I brought in Thiago Silva, Oscar Cardozo, Lucas Barrios and Gokhan Inler, all unbelievable signings. Cardozo is an absolute goal machine. Got rid of RVP, Nasri, Vela, Traore and a couple more. I won the league, no CL footy helped a lot! Lost in the semi of FA Cup (Chelsea ARGH) and 4th round of League Cup. Chelsea are horrible in the big games, always seem to pip me 1-0.

League 1st
    League cup 4th round
    FA Cup Semi-final

3rd season, got Ribery on a free, signed Naldo and Angelo Palombo, reenforcements for CL football. Have a sweet squad, all players I like in real life now. Frey, Sagna, Clichy, Mexes, Thiago Silva, Ribery, Gourcuff, Inler, Fabregas, Barrios, Cardozo. I retained the league, lost in the 1st knockout stage of CL to Barca (ARRRRGGHHH), lost in the semi of the FA Cup to Liverpool and the quarters of the LC to you guessed it, Chelsea.

League 1st
    League cup 4th round
    FA Cup Semi-final
    CL 1st knockout

4th season, I love my team, playing great football, Fabregas voted 3rd best player in the world, all is well. But I need a new challenge. In the summer I sold Gourcuff and brought in David Silva....I think I played 3 games into the league season and resigned. It took a few months but after a while Van Basten was doing crap at Milan, I declared interest and got the job soon after.

Got 55 million to spend, the club was languishing in 12th when I took over and they wanted me to get 4th. Tall order as it was January and I was well off the pace. I brought in Akinfeev as they were desperately in need of a good GK, Maxi Rodriguez and Danny Wilson. Van Basten bought some turkeys for big money, so annoying. Finished 7th in the end, lost in the quarters of the Europa to Porto, injury time winner from Hulk. C*nt. On a high note I won the Italian Cup, it's easy enough if the draw goes your way as it's a small tournament.

Serie A 7th
    Cup Won
    Europa Quarters

5th season. Need reenforcements big time. In - Andrea Poli (Pirlo-esque), Kuzmanovic, Galloppa, Marco Motta. My team is Akinfeev, Motta, Albertazzi, Wilson, Astori, Kuzmanovic, Galloppa, Poli, Flamini, Pato, Chamakh. Pato and Chamakh is an unbelievable strikeforce, props to Marco Van Basten for that much! Won the league, played ok football, Mourinho-esque in that I won a lot of 1-0s,shut the game down after I went up. Lost in quarters of the Europa to Bayern, away goals. Story of my life.

Serie A 1st
    Cup Quarters
    Europa Quarters

6th season. Bought Jeremy Toulalan, Carlos Carmona and sold Kuzmanovic. My midfield is basically 3 strong hard workers and Poli in there pulling the strings. Looking forward to playing some CL football. I'm looking to take over a Spanish team next season as I'm gunning for La Liga, it's the first time I've tried to win the 3 leagues....never done it before..............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,233 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Irishcrx wrote: »
    Chris Davies - Dubbed next Alan Sherear he is at Peterboragh at the start, becomes very good.

Not in my game, and I'm Peterborough :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Just finished my second season,

Where did i come i think 10th so way better improvement than the first season and a few giant killing moments,
    have brought in a lot of new faces and the team looks a lot more stable looking for a top 9 finish with hopefully challanging for europe

Im now playing a 4-3-3 and its doing me quite well i may add

GK victor

DL Fabiano Santacroce
    DC Nicolás Otamendi
    DC Mokoena 17 y/o guy i found
    DR Emmanuel Sarki

MC McDonald Mariga
    MC Marc Wilson
    MC Juraj Kucka

ST Lukaku
    ST Javier Saviola
    ST Sean Scannel

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Looks like it was a case of my Arsenal game file being corrupted so I've had to delete it, kinda annoyed about that as it was going so well.

Just started up another game with Birmingham there, atm team looks something like this:

Hart

Carr
    Dann
    Johnson
    Ridgewell

Larsson
    Bowyer
    Ferguson
    McFadden

Jerome
    O'Connor

I've made a few transfers already.

Anthony Annan - DM with a massive engine, he'll be used in games against the bigger teams where I plan to adopt a 4-5-1.

Kiko Femenia - An 18 year old Spansih right Winger, great physical attributes and will be rotating with Larsson on that right wing.

Lacina Traoré - A striker from the Ivory Coast. He's 6'8" so suits my direct style perfectly with himself and Jerome alternating as Target Man.

Nicolas Otamendi - Bought this guy in my last Arsenal game and he was a beast so got him immediately this year for 3.5M which is a bargain.

I currently have an offer in for Il Fenomeno himself but Corinthians want too much...

Right it just turned January 1st and I'm in 16th place, only one clear of the drop zone. Haven't been helped by a colossal amount of injuries suffered by my squad, both my CB's have been out for the past 2 months along with both my first choice CM's.

Victories against City and Spurs and a draw against Arsenal have been tinted by Stoke putting four past me both times we've met.

Serious lack of creativity has been a problem so I've got Phillips and Bowyer on the way out and am replacing them with a true legend.

The one and only.... Juan Roman Riquelme. I'm hoping he can give me that little bit extra in the final third which I have been sorely lacking so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,039 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Frisbee wrote: »
    Right it just turned January 1st and I'm in 16th place, only one clear of the drop zone. Haven't been helped by a colossal amount of injuries suffered by my squad, both my CB's have been out for the past 2 months along with both my first choice CM's.

Victories against City and Spurs and a draw against Arsenal have been tinted by Stoke putting four past me both times we've met.

Serious lack of creativity has been a problem so I've got Phillips and Bowyer on the way out and am replacing them with a true legend.

The one and only.... Juan Roman Riquelme. I'm hoping he can give me that little bit extra in the final third which I have been sorely lacking so far.

Did you get the update with Campbell in it? Aren't you supposed to be doing something...oh I dunno, studying??? :D Must get back into my Boston game next week!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Haven't posted in a while. Was managing Fleetwood town. I brought them to 16th in league 1 but was offered a paltry transfer budget of £600 in January 2014 so I issued the board an ultimatum.....

Out of work for a month until Bolton came calling at the bottom of the Championship. An ageing squad and huge debts to manage. Brought Gokhan Tore in on loan from Wolves and made a push up the table to 14th place.

Just received 2.2m transfer budget and brought Tore in on a permanent deal. Released 15 players.

L'prof wrote: »
    Did you get the update with Campbell in it? Aren't you supposed to be doing something...oh I dunno, studying??? :D Must get back into my Boston game next week!

Yeah Campbell is at Arsenal in this one.

And I finished my exams on Saturday Jas :D:D:D

Fúcker!!! 3 in the next 3 days...bálls! How did you get on anyway? Happy enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

My friend had a 6 o clock exam on Saturday, painful :P

Fúcker!!! 3 in the next 3 days...bálls! How did you get on anyway? Happy enough?

Yeah they were ok excet for one. I'll find out in a few weeks sure.
    IvySlayer wrote: »
    My friend had a 6 o clock exam on Saturday, painful :P

This is the first time in my 4 years in UCD that my last exam hasn't been 6-8 on the last Saturday.

It feels good :D

Team: Boston Utd

Media Prediction:
    10/11 - 17th
    11/12 - 24th
    12/13 - 24th
    13/14 - 24th
    14/15 - 24th

League standings:
    10/11 - 1st - Blue Square North
    11/12 - 2nd - Blue Square Premier
    12/13 - 15th - Coca-Cola Football League Two
    13/14 - 2nd - Coca-Cola Football League Two (automatic promotion)
    14/15 - 1st - Coca-Cola Football League One

FA Cup:
    10/11 - 1st Round - MK Dons
    11/12 - 1st Round - Barnet
    12/13 - 3rd Round - Newcastle
    13/14 - 2nd Round - Oldham
    14/15 - 3rd Round - Liverpool

Carling Cup:
    12/13 - 1st Round - Carlisle
    13/14 - 1st Round - Scunthorpe
    14/15 - 1st Round - Leicester

Johnstone's Trophy:
    12/13 - North Final - Derby
    13/14 - 2nd Round - Hartlepool
    14/15 - Winner

FA Trophy:
    10/11 - 4th Round - Accrington
    11/12 - 2nd Round - Mansfield

Top Goalscorer:
    10/11 - Andy Brewster - 29
    11/12 - Andy Brewster - 19
    12/13 - Stuart Beavon - 21
    13/14 - Jack Werndly - 23
    14/15 - Charlie Newton - 32

Fans Player:
    10/11 - Andy Brewster
    11/12 - Ryan Crowther
    12/13 - Gary Silk
    13/14 - Ashley Corker
    14/15 - Ashley Corker

Current 1st team:
    GK - Martin Hansen
    DR - Dale Bennett
    DL - Ashley Corker
    DC - Cory Skilton
    DC - Sam Joyce *
    DMC - Gordon Dunbar *
    MC - Steve James *
    AMR - Fabio Ferreira

AML - Steve Patterson
    ST - Jack Werndly
    ST - Charlie Newton *

Bold indicates new signings and * indicates loan signings.

I don't really remember too much about this season as I actually finished it a couple of months ago. My loan signings were instrumental in my success this season and my first cup trophy. Maybe loan signings are frowned upon here? I'll probably struggle in the Championship if I can't re-sign some of them. I'm a wanted man these days:

t71z03.png

I'm so tempted to take up this offer, I'll have funds I could only dream of at Boston, but I'm too attached to them at this stage!

Tough not to take the Brummy job, but you definitely get attached to your team! Well done, some job getting them up that far. Let us know how you get on in the Championship (if you stay with Boston).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Take the job,

Crosáidí wrote: »
    Take the job,

Probably should have, but I've turned it down now. I want to see what I can do with Boston. We never have any money, but hopefully that will change. I think my success this season will rely heavily on my ability to acquire players on loan. I've already got my top goalscorer from last season back, but the other 3 turned me down.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Dave_

So decided to share my current Southampton 10.2 save with you lads.

Chose them because of their legendary youth setup and a big stadium with a wealthy owner and little debt. Good team starting off in League One aswell but start off -10 points which is a challenge.

First season: Made up the 10 points with ease. Got rid of a couple of old high earners (Jaidi etc) and bought in a couple of loans (want to spend as little as poss until I need to). Promoted through the play-offs. Saganovski and Lambert are legends up front.

2nd Season: Bought in a couple of young free players and a couple of defenders on loan (Sonko is a legend). Won 5 of my last 6 to get into the playoffs on goal difference over Leeds. Have Fulham in the play-offs waiting for me when i get home.

My current team is something like this.

Davis (Balkowski)

James (Duffy - free)
    Harding (Pernia - Free, Silvinho - Free)
    Sonko (Loan) (Davenport - Free)
    Josh Thompson (Loan) (De Laet - Free, Birdcutt - Free)

Giles Barnes (Free) (Weiss - Free)
    Mills (Loevenkrands - Loan)
    Schniederlinn (Gillett)
    Lallana (Hewson - Free)

Elm (Free)
    Saganovski (Lambert)

Hope we get promoted. Will have to sign a good few players if we do though.

• Advertisement

At the halfway stage of the season and here's how I'm looking:

xgcdit.jpg

Genuinely shocked with how the team are performing. Free and cheap transfers have done well again. I only managed to get two players on loan, but my defence has been outstanding so far. I think it's safe to say I'll be challenging for the playoff spots at least! Also, I'm baffled by Leicester's decision to loan me Newton again, he's my star player and I'm playing in the same league as them. They could really have done with him too as they're well off the pace and he bags me plenty of goals.

Ah crap!!! Had to sell the best player that came through the academy! Even Wenger had a look at one stage, I was really hoping to keep him for a bit longer! Stingy fúckérs only gave me 25% of the fee to spend too!

npgl80.png

I remembered that happen on 08 with Denilson at Arsenal for me.

He was getting to be really really good and I kept refusing offers. Eventually the board intervened and accepted a 15M offer from Chelsea of all people...

I remembered that happen on 08 with Denilson at Arsenal for me.

He was getting to be really really good and I kept refusing offers. Eventually the board intervened and accepted a 15M offer from Chelsea of all people...

It's annoying, but it's my record transfer fee received and I didn't pay a penny for him, so it's not all bad. Nearly finished this season, will put a review up later.

Sames happening at the mo with me and otemendi, in my 3rd season with Pompey in Europa Cup and clubs banging at the door, told him i want the club to progress with him at the front and he's having none of it

Team: Boston Utd

Media Prediction:
    10/11 - 17th
    11/12 - 24th
    12/13 - 24th
    13/14 - 24th
    14/15 - 24th
    15/16 - 24th

League standings:
    10/11 - 1st - Blue Square North
    11/12 - 2nd - Blue Square Premier
    12/13 - 15th - Coca-Cola Football League Two
    13/14 - 2nd - Coca-Cola Football League Two (automatic promotion)
    14/15 - 1st - Coca-Cola Football League One
    15/16 - 4th - Coca-Cola Football League Championship (promoted via playoffs)

FA Cup:
    10/11 - 1st Round - MK Dons
    11/12 - 1st Round - Barnet
    12/13 - 3rd Round - Newcastle
    13/14 - 2nd Round - Oldham
    14/15 - 3rd Round - Liverpool
    15/16 - 4th Round - Cardiff (replay)

Carling Cup:
    12/13 - 1st Round - Carlisle
    13/14 - 1st Round - Scunthorpe
    14/15 - 1st Round - Leicester
    15/16 - 2nd round - Burnley (et)

Johnstone's Trophy:
    12/13 - North Final - Derby
    13/14 - 2nd Round - Hartlepool
    14/15 - Winner

FA Trophy:
    10/11 - 4th Round - Accrington
    11/12 - 2nd Round - Mansfield

Top Goalscorer:
    10/11 - Andy Brewster - 29
    11/12 - Andy Brewster - 19
    12/13 - Stuart Beavon - 21
    13/14 - Jack Werndly - 23
    14/15 - Charlie Newton - 32
    15/16 - Charlie Newton - 23

Fans Player:
    10/11 - Andy Brewster
    11/12 - Ryan Crowther
    12/13 - Gary Silk
    13/14 - Ashley Corker
    14/15 - Ashley Corker
    15/16 - Jack Werndly

Current 1st team:
    GK - Martin Hansen
    DR - Kenneth McCullough
    DL - Nicky Shorey

DC - Cory Skilton
    DC - Sam Joyce *
    DMC - Rod Scott
    MC - Michael Jørgensen

AMR - Jack Werndly
    AML - Jack Evans
    ST - Alex MacDonald
    ST - Charlie Newton *

Bold indicates new signings and * indicates loan signings

Amazing season really. The second half of the season was so tough and I went from 1st to 2nd (there for ages) only to be pipped to third on goal difference. I was aiming for a mid table finish, so I'm shocked. I'm in the premier league now. My only goal is to avoid relegation and hopefully we have a lot more cash to attract players now. This season, I only managed to sign two players on loan, but some of the ones I bought were of similar calibre and I didn't have to spend much money on anyone.

Nice one, the board are going to almost double capacity:

x3flow.png

At the expense of this though :rolleyes::

avkfaa.png

Check this out Frisbee :eek:

ru40hd.png

I think I'll accept this as a separate saved game!!!

Check this out Frisbee :eek:

ru40hd.png

I think I'll accept this as a separate saved game!!!

142M, holy crápola that's a lot of money.

Is Cesc still there?

142M, holy crápola that's a lot of money.

Is Cesc still there?

Yep and he's still worth £30m in 6 years time...maybe we should hold out until then ;)

• Advertisement

Ok place bets on how L'prof and Boston Utd will do in there inagural PL season, im going for a midtable finish in about 10-13th place :D

Advertisement