Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snapshot of Your Story - FM 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,039 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

allanb49 wrote: »
    Ok place bets on how L'prof and Boston Utd will do in there inagural PL season, im going for a midtable finish in about 10-13th place :D

I have £13m to spend, so that's what I'm secretly hoping for, but I only told the board that I'd avoid relegation.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Dave_

Dave_ wrote: »

Hope we get promoted. Will have to sign a good few players if we do though.

Got promoted via the playoffs so find myself in the Premiership. Got rid of deadwood and was left with a mediocre squad, that certainly doesn't have enough quality to attack the Premier League.

Taking a big chance in the close season by only bringing in midfielders and forwards that are only available by free transfer and intend on spending my 25 mill on the defence. Any ideas who to get. Shawcross and Anton Ferdinand have been linked to me (about 17 mill for both and 100 grand a week in wages i reckon) Stephen Kelly has also been offered to me for 3 mill. That leaves me needing a quality left back and possibly a keeper but think Davis might still have something to offer.

Ive a feeling that we will struggle to stay up to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,235 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

So I've gotten my Peterborough team into the CL after 4 years at the club. I took it on after I seen them get relegated from the Championship in real life and wanted a challenge. I started off with very few players fit for the Championship and about 600k to spend and got a few good cheap players along with a few frees. I finished 13th but that was thanks to one of my strikers catching fire midway through the season. My players values shot up and I offloaded the rubbish to fund an attack on the top half.

I brought in Jason Roberts, Marlon Harewood and Hervé Bazile (En Avant De Guicamp-should be signed in everyones game) for a combined total of 300k plus some rubbish defender. In midfield I got Corry Evans and Mark Randall and Albert Baning for free and managed to fund a move for an Irish regen Stefan O'Brien for 600k and also Johnathan Dos Santos for 625k from Barca who was a fantastic signing. Got Gregory Vignal on a free from Blackburn I think it was and made a few other signings to shore up defense like Callum Davenport and got Shane Duffy on loan from Everton. I got promoted because Wigan had a 10 point reduction at the end of the season and I finished 9 points them (:D) Overall I spent 1.7m and brought in 3.2m from sales.

Got about 32m to spend in the premier league and went nuts because my team were barely good enough for the Championship let alone the Prem. I got Isaiah Osbourne on a free from Villa and negotiated a contract with Vagner Love for 3.1m to go through in January along with Kris Stadsgraad off Rosenborg on a free to go through in January. Also picked up Astiz from Rosenborg for about 2m. To help immediately my notable transfers were Sambou Yatabare off Caen something in France who was a fantastic AM for 3m along with Thibaut Bourgeois for 3m from another French team. Signed Duffy permanently for 6m and got Drissa Diakite from Nice for 5m as I needed a quality RB and my assistant recommended him. Bought Chris Gadi and Davide Petrucci from United but they were quickly loaned out. Despite starting off the season horribly losing like the first 5 games my luck picked up and my sturdy defence got me a lot of 1-0 wins and 0-0 draws and I ended up 9th.

In my 4th season I had hopes of Europe, especially when the board offered me 42m for that as an expectation. The base of my squad was very good so I set about bringing in quality players for big money. I got Paolo De Ceglie from Man United for 4.2m and Alan Hutton from Sunderland for 2.6m. Got a couple of regen youngsters for CB cover and signed a fantastic looking DM/CM regen from CSKA for 11.5. Although I had a great AM in Yatabare at the team I wanted another quality player for that position and had about 20m left over in my transfer budget so settled for Dudu who was at Heerenveen and picked him up for 16m. The team performed above all expectations with all of my signings having big roles. In January I got Bruno from Flamengo on a free and he shored up the GK position which had been troubling me. Vagner Love finished as the PL top goalscorer and Bazile was up with him until he started getting a lot of injurys in the second half of the season

I'm at the start on my 5th season and got Steven Defour on a free and signed 2 20m players in the regen Spanish LB who is starting for them at 19 and Javier Pastore an AM who was unhappy at Palermo. Moved out Dudu to Schalke to make space for him in the squad. He went for a 3.1m loan with a 17m option to buy so a good bit of profit for 1 year of service. I want to keep my CL place this year and the team are performing well but they don't look great against the big teams so it may be a struggle.

Right now my team looks like this
    Bruno

Hutton
    Bebeto (regen)
    Duffy
    Guerrero (regen)

O' Brien (regen)

Yatabaré
    Defour

Pastore

Bazile
    Vagner Love

subs: Alberto (regen), Stadsgaard, J. Dos Santos, Yaslinsky(regen), Gadi, Scott Robertson (Dundee United, cheap good CM for Championship/Lower Prem), Diakite.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Started a game there with Juve in FM07 when they were in Serie B. Won Serie B and the cup. I moved to Roma halfway through the next season and won the title with them. The crowning achievement was this:
    roma7-1inter.jpg

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Goals not a problem in my current team!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,194 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Started a game as Aston Villa today. I am kind of taking a Mourinhoesque approach in that i have a certain system i want to play, and players that i had used in other games that i hoped would fit in.

I was surprised when i only had a budget of £2.9M to start with, but either ways i set about the taregt of culling the team and aquiring the right type of players for my system.

I was intending to use the following system:

GK
    DR---CD---CD---DL
    DM

CM--CM
    ----ST--ST--ST---

After much wheeling and dealing the following was the end result of my first transfer window:

Transfers_Small

I had acquired the main players i was after, but my failure to offload Downing left me with no money to try an get some other players. However since then i have recieved an increase in my budget, and the board have given me money which brings my budget for january to £19Million. I have tried to sign Jack Rodwell but Everton want silly money for him.

I had a good start to the season, winning my first 4 games before losing 3-0 away to Sunderland. In between that i had easily qualified for the Europa League. My main problem at the moment is my discipline, i get a good few red cards and a lot of yellows - 51 yellows and 5 reds so far - this includes europe and 16 league games.

Anyways after 16 league games i am 3rd in the league, 4 points behind Chelsea and 3 points behind Man City with a game in hand over those 2.

In Europe i have just qualified from my group unbeaten, with 2 wins and 4 draws. My group contained Villareal, Lille and Bohemians! 2 of my draws came against Bohs, their only 2 points of their campaign.

My signings have done well so far, Gignac has 17 goals. Fonseca and Miralles are chopped and changed and both have 6 goals, with Fonseca having 10 assists. I play Ashley young as my centre striker and he has scored 18 goals and had 15 assists in 26 games. Young and Curtis Davies have been the revelations from the players i didn't sign, both have now started for England. Davies has bagged himself 7 goals.

It is looking good so far, i need to try sort out the discipline as a lot of my players are now starting to mention it - the same ones who are the culprits :rolleyes: . I have a few taregts in mind for January where i will lose Diarra for a few games for the African Nations.

League Status: Played 16, Won 11, Drew 2, Lost 3. GF 43 GA 22

Will keep you updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Goals not a problem in my current team!

Eurgh!

Game looks awful without crests/logos!

A better start than United and Chelsea :D

2arl9e.png

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

That's impressive man, nice

Tough run of games here, but over the moon with the last game there and delighted to get that far, even if I did have a relatively soft run to the semis.

28a6cux.png

• Advertisement

Team: Boston Utd

Media Prediction:
    10/11 - 17th
    11/12 - 24th
    12/13 - 24th
    13/14 - 24th
    14/15 - 24th
    15/16 - 24th
    16/17 - 20th

League standings:
    10/11 - 1st - Blue Square North
    11/12 - 2nd - Blue Square Premier
    12/13 - 15th - Coca-Cola Football League Two
    13/14 - 2nd - Coca-Cola Football League Two (automatic promotion)
    14/15 - 1st - Coca-Cola Football League One
    15/16 - 4th - Coca-Cola Football League Championship (promoted via playoffs)
    16/17 - 10th - Barclays Premier League

FA Cup:
    10/11 - 1st Round - MK Dons
    11/12 - 1st Round - Barnet
    12/13 - 3rd Round - Newcastle
    13/14 - 2nd Round - Oldham
    14/15 - 3rd Round - Liverpool
    15/16 - 4th Round - Cardiff (replay)
    16/17 - 5th Round - Tottenham

Carling Cup:
    12/13 - 1st Round - Carlisle
    13/14 - 1st Round - Scunthorpe
    14/15 - 1st Round - Leicester
    15/16 - 2nd round - Burnley (et)
    16/17 - Semi Final - Man City

Johnstone's Trophy:
    12/13 - North Final - Derby
    13/14 - 2nd Round - Hartlepool
    14/15 - Winner

FA Trophy:
    10/11 - 4th Round - Accrington
    11/12 - 2nd Round - Mansfield

Top Goalscorer:
    10/11 - Andy Brewster - 29
    11/12 - Andy Brewster - 19
    12/13 - Stuart Beavon - 21
    13/14 - Jack Werndly - 23
    14/15 - Charlie Newton - 32
    15/16 - Charlie Newton - 23
    16/17 - Jason Banton - 20

Fans Player:
    10/11 - Andy Brewster
    11/12 - Ryan Crowther
    12/13 - Gary Silk
    13/14 - Ashley Corker
    14/15 - Ashley Corker
    15/16 - Jack Werndly
    16/17 - Charlie Newton

Current 1st team:
    GK - Martin Hansen
    DR - Kenneth McCullough
    DL - Nicky Shorey
    DC - Roberto Romero
    DC - David Mirfin

DMC - Rod Scott
    MC - Michael Jørgensen
    AMR - Steve James
    AML - Hal Robson-Kanu
    ST - Jason Banton
    ST - Charlie Newton

Bold indicates new signings and * indicates loan signings

What a great season. My transfer funds helped me enormously and the fact that Arsenal released James on a free helped me no end. I finally had enough money to buy some decent players and purchased Charlie Newton who had done so well for me in League One and The Championship on loan and had another fine season. The highlight of the year was definitely my League Cup run, even though it wasn't the toughest as you can see below and I came close to causing an upset against City.

52cc4eeb9e.png

I had a 5 tough games to begin with only 3 points from 15, my task looked ominous, but thankfully after that I started to put some points on the board. I had a nice surprise at the end of the season when the board announced that they were going to build a new stadium. Before this season we doubled capacity, when that was finished and we were selling out every home game, it became clear we'd need more seats. The new stadium will quadruple capacity, leaving us with a stadium that's 8 times bigger than the one we started off with.

d76db247de.png

I've been given m to spend this season after indicating that I would be aiming for European qualification of some sort. This should be achievable and the only problem I may have is the wages available to new signings.

Brazil have just sacked their manager after losing the first game of the Confederations Cup, so I've applied for that job. Really hope I get it. The plan is to apply for these national team jobs whenever they arrise t tournaments and resign afterwards.

EDIT: :(

6r20b9.png

Oooh, we've also jumped into 82nd place on the rich list :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Can you take the international job while still playing with you current team? Or do I have to leave my club for it? Got an offer from Brazil but turned it down thinking I cold lose my liverpool job and thats more important for me. getting close to 10 years at and unlocking my achievment. :D

Also L'Prof love reading on the work you've done! Fair play

R_H_C_P wrote: »
    Can you take the international job while still playing with you current team? Or do I have to leave my club for it? Got an offer from Brazil but turned it down thinking I cold lose my liverpool job and thats more important for me. getting close to 10 years at and unlocking my achievment. :D

You can manage an international team and a club team at the same time, but I find it too much to do on a regular basis. So, I'll only apply for the job if it becomes available and they're at a major tournament.
    Also L'Prof love reading on the work you've done! Fair play

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,235 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

So I came 3rd for the 2nd time in a row in my 2013/14 season. City only had 80 points and won the league :eek: I really should have won it though, the amount of games where I had about 20 shots and the opponents had about 4 and manage to get a draw was ridiculous.

Got knocked out of the FA Cup and Carling cup very easily and put up a fight in my CL group and finished level on points with Inter and 2 behind Atletico which was crushing. Still the Europa is better than nothing. In the Europa I made it to the final only to lose out on penalties to Porto.

The clubs finances were almost at breaking point midway through the season when I got a gift loan of like €33m which bailed it out until the end of the season when the CL and Europa league money came in and got the bank balance way up.

Does anyone know if there's any way of helping to get your club more sponsorship? In total I make 230k per season on sponsorship which is around the same as I got in my Southend game which is really annoying when United get like €54m from it.

A big problem is that my stadium has only 15,000 seats and can't get council approval to expand and there's no sign of a new stadium.

So far in the Summer after getting 62m to spend I brought in Robinho on a Free and tried an audacious bid for Pato but that fell through. I'm in desperate need of a quality RB and CB so blowing it on a striker wouldn't have been smart...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

L'prof wrote: »
    You can manage an international team and a club team at the same time, but I find it too much to do on a regular basis. So, I'll only apply for the job if it becomes available and they're at a major tournament.

Thank you.
    Odd. I applied for an international job and got it (ireland), but it wouldnt let me manage both. Like it kept asking me every few days to accept or reject the ireland job. Id accept, nothing would happen, and then a few days pass, and they ask again!

Max Power1 wrote: »
    Odd. I applied for an international job and got it (ireland), but it wouldnt let me manage both. Like it kept asking me every few days to accept or reject the ireland job. Id accept, nothing would happen, and then a few days pass, and they ask again!

You could be right, I'll let you know for sure if I ever get offered an international job in this game, but I was sure I did it before.

Ah yes, i did it before too, up to and including FM09, just not this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Yeah its the older patch it seems to happen, a lot of people giving out about it.

Just accepted the france job after they lost in the world cup final 3-2 to Holland. Have the euro's coming up now so win that and leave lol.

Just accepted the france job after they lost in the world cup final 3-2 to Holland. Have the euro's coming up now so win that decimate their chances by selecting a terrible squad and leave lol.
    fyp

• Advertisement

TEAM - Liverpool

MEDIA PREDICTIONS
    09/10 - 2nd
    10/11 - 2nd
    11/12 - 2nd (Can you see a trend :P)
    12/13 - 2nd
    13/14 - 2nd
    14/15 - 2nd

PREMIER LEAGUE
    09/10 - 2nd
    10/11 - 2nd
    11/12 - 1st
    12/13 - 1st
    13/14 - 1st
    14/15 - Currently 1st

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
    09/10 -
    10/11 - Winner
    11/12 -
    12/13 - Winner
    13/14 -
    14/15 - Currently Semi finals against R. Madrid :(

FA CUP
    09/10 -
    10/11 - Winner
    11/12 -
    12/13 - Winner
    13/14 - Winner
    14/15 - Currently at the finals against Everton

LEAGUE CUP
    09/10 - Winner
    10/11 -
    11/12 - Winner
    12/13 -
    13/14 - Winner
    14/15 -

TEAM
    Reina

Johnson----Skrtel
    Wilson----Polat---
    Masherano

Ramsey
    Gerrard

Gourcuff
    McGeady
    N'Gog

SUBS
    Torres (ST)
    Pato (ST)
    Dzeko (FC)
    Heany (AMC)
    Zezinho (AMC L)
    David (AMC R)
    Lucas (DM MC)
    Agger (DC)
    Beeck (DC R)
    Insua (DL)

And a few good youth players to make up for the HG rule.

Only team I cannot stand playing is R. Madrid. Beat them 2-1 at home in the first leg and thought great, then they thrashed me 5-2 in the 2nd leg. :(

So now Im playing them again, 1-1 at home and now Im playing them away. Scared to attack as they hit hard on the counter so gotta work out my tactics well.

Picked up pato for €61mil in early sept, one day at the club and he broke he foot so was out for 4 months. Came back in December played 8 games and got 8 goals. Was very happy with him then he broke hes ankle and out for another 3 months. Shold have bought Aguero :P

Is McGeady any use? Thinking of starting a new game, or I might go back to my epic 6 season Coventry game :D

Well I find him great (always bought him in every CM game I bought too),
    Quick, good dribbling and an ability to score goals pretty easily once you give him to moves to learn.

Ah he is 28 on mine so not worth buying, looks like he is handy enough in fairness.

Is their anyway to see where you were predicted to come or are you all just doing it from memory?

Ya I got him when he was 25 and it he's prime, still good at 28 tho!

I think its only for the current season (but I get 2nd every year after Man City)
    click you club Information and it should be near the bottom on that page.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

L'prof,

Where is your updates - was an interesting one. I am managing AFC Wimbledon but only in second season (got promoted from Conference in season one)

Interesting my reserve goalie is your No.1 (Martin Hanson!)

Also have the same winger as you did in season two, Ferreira - the portugese guy.

mozattack wrote: »
    L'prof,

Where is your updates - was an interesting one. I am managing AFC Wimbledon but only in second season (got promoted from Conference in season one)

Interesting my reserve goalie is your No.1 (Martin Hanson!)

Also have the same winger as you did in season two, Ferreira - the portugese guy.

Haven't gone back to it for a while, hopefully I'll get around to it soon!

Plans for a new stadium finally done, and guess what? They named it after me :D

FM2010.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Started a new game last night,

Shamrock Rovers, never managed an irish team before, Well when i have got bored

Set them up to play in a

GK
    DR DC DC DL
    MC MC
    AML AMR
    FC FC

Had no money to buy players so got a few in on free can't think of there names,

Was given a media prediction of 5th with Boh's to win the title

10 Games in now and lost my first to Galway 2-1,

To get the money up i was playing friendly's against Man Utd Chelsea Arsnel Liverpool every 2-3 days for a month, some Thrashings 6-0 vs Chelsea and Arsenel but got for what i thought was some decent results 2-1 vs Man Utd and Portsmouth

Beat Ipswich 3-2

Before i left last night had one more match to play,

10th game of the season vs Boh's They where ahead of me by 3 points on the top of the table going into this game on a 9 match unbeaten streak

1st half had a penalty awarded, Missed
    Bohs come back score 1-0 down
    Second half is playing out very placidly 2-0 bohs
    Sh1te there goes my unbeaten streak,
    Then 76th min get another peno, woo he puts it away this time.
    i was playing from home and would have settled they played well but luck wasn't with them
    Have this 15 year old who has played every match for me. Scored one goal so far.

93rd minute he pops up with a screamer from outside the box,

Draw 2-2 with boh's in the end

After that i kept playing for another bit.

Last i checked i was ahead of boh's and top of the table on GD.

My goal is to see how far i can humanly take an irish team in Europe and hopefully get an offer to move to League 1 or 2 in england and take them to the PL.

Playing this game as a manager wanting to progress more so than the team he's with

Will update later with all the players and teams

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,923 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'm new to the game, managed to find a mac version online.

I got Galway United relegated on the last day of the season and myself sacked! :o

I'm at Chesterfield now and I'm beginning to get it together. They are just above relegation and moneyless.

I got Oliver Norwood on loan from Man Utd and a young lad called Romone Rose who is bagging a few goals here and there.

I love when you set your character to female and they ask you questions about sexism still being prevalent in football and how do I think the players will handle having a female character.

Hoping to spend another season or two with this crowd if they'll keep me and see if I can get them to mid table but I have no money so I have to get rid of players who are on high-ish wages.

I can only offer E140 wages to my players who are on contracts of thousands.

Advertisement