Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelodge Swords- Filty

Options
  • 31-12-2009 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭

:(Myself and the other half paid a visit to the Swords branch for a bite to eat last Sunday for lunch.

We nearly slipped on the icy footpath outside the front door.

As we were walking in we both noticed over flowing litter bins outside, 100's of disposed cigarette butts outside front main door.

It gave a bad impression of unkempt appearance , like no sense of pride in the place.

We walked into the restaurant and there was about 3 people in total.

We left after a quick perusal of the poor menu choice.

Used a lot of Travelodges located off the UK M6 and M1 over the years and they had a very good reputation.

What is wrong here in Dublin that they cant get it right.

Letter sent off to Manager of Swords branch.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Its a travelodge, wheres the issue here? thats like complaining the food in a Little Chef is crap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

You pay for what you get, they are the "Mc Donalds" of accomodation.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,515 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I am not surprised, who actually wants to eat in a travelodge to be honest?
    Wouldn't blame them about the ice though, everywhere was like that though a safety notice would have been nice

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭conor052001

krudler wrote: »
    Its a travelodge, wheres the issue here? thats like complaining the food in a Little Chef is crap

the swords one actually used to be a little chef

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

You pay for what you get, they are the "Mc Donalds" of accomodation.

I don't understand this. They cost minimum 60 euro a night - the least they can do is maintain an adequate standard of cleanliness.

I find it odd that Travelodge in Ireland is perceived as being a bit of a kip. In the UK they're usually a nice enough place to stay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

+1 @ etho

Never mind the prices they charge surely a certain standard of cleanliness is required, if that is the standard outside imagine what the kitchens look like :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭busman

As the wife's flight was cancelled the other week I had to stay near the airport. Went online and got a room at the Travelodge at swords for €42. I did not notice that it was filthy, it's a little old, but appeared clean to me. Had breakfast in the restaurant next morning, all the staff were friendly and I had no complaints.

P.S. Stopped of in Ikea on the way back for Lunch :-)
    Great value and has easy access from M50

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

I've stayed in the Travelodge at Swords a couple of times when we've had early morning flights. At €8 per night (offer) for a family of 4 I couldn't fault it and it was as clean as any Travelodge that I've stayed at in the UK.

Spent 3 nights in the Galway Travelodge earlier this week and got the room for €19 and the place was spotless.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

:(Myself and the other half paid a visit to the Swords branch for a bite to eat last Sunday for lunch.

We nearly slipped on the icy footpath outside the front door.

As we were walking in we both noticed over flowing litter bins outside, 100's of disposed cigarette butts outside front main door.

It gave a bad impression of unkempt appearance , like no sense of pride in the place.

We walked into the restaurant and there was about 3 people in total.

We left after a quick perusal of the poor menu choice.

Used a lot of Travelodges located off the UK M6 and M1 over the years and they had a very good reputation.

What is wrong here in Dublin that they cant get it right.

Letter sent off to Manager of Swords branch.
    You're one of those people that call Joe, aren't you?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

I really don't understand why someone would pay a trip to a Travelodge for Sunday lunch, especially when theres numerous other choices within a 10-15 min walk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

used to work there years ago. Was a great place.

Little Chef and Travelodge sold from Granada to an Irish firm a few years back and the standards slipped.

Most of the Travelodge is actually post 00 construction so shouldnt be too bad.

Swords has a good range of food vendors about. Stroll into the town next time :)

Advertisement