Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vga to rgb

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

What type of monitor are you using?

What operating system are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 COLAISTE EANNA

i am using a philips lcd hd ready tv and im using windows 7. its a monitor cable to a yellow a white and a red.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,446 ✭✭✭Nollog

Isn't yellow red white a "euro"-scart cable?
    You should have gotten a scart convertor box with the cable, plug them into it and that into the scart socket of the tv.

If I'm wrong, explain everything more clearly, with detais and possibly pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

arent the black and white left and right audio of a scart with the yellow being composite?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

As above, its an RCA cable, Yellow, White & Red are Yellow=Composite Video, White=Left Audio, Red=Right audio.

Should give you terrible video quality from a PC.

Ensure (if your component connectors on your TV also accept RCA/Composite) that it is set to 'composite'.

Most ALL televisions have RCA inputs.

IMO get rid of it and get an HDMI cable instead, or DVI.

EDIT***
    If its a VGA cable you are using (i.e 15pin D-SUB connector) are you not using the onboard instead of the video card?

I notice from the specs of the machine that the video card has a DVI and S-Video connector.

The reason I think you're seeing nothing on your screen is because onboard video is disabled due to the video card being installed, so essentially you're taking no signal from your PC to the screen - that blue D-SUB is producing no video signal.

Bring the cable back, and get either s-video to RCA, or just a straight DVI or DVI-HDMI cable.

• Advertisement
Advertisement