Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

**New car need help**

Options
  • 31-12-2009 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

well,

iv just brought a new car and cant get it insured because the log book says KIT CAR, but it can't be a kit car (i think) because its a toyota GT starlet. Dose any one know how i can change the log book?

Comments

Jap import Glanza ?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,450 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The OP just said it was a Starlet GT.....

It may have been imported to the UK, and to get SVA it was classified as a kit car.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 ballz

95 gt starlet. came in from japan. is there any way to change the log book do ye know? the first person with the car was insured as non turbo and second person insured as turbo, do u think this could hav caused it to be kit car on the log book? maybe they thought he changed the engine or something?

thanks for replys lads:)

Check the log book and see if it's exported from Japan to the UK, then imported from the UK to Ireland.

There is a section on the cert that tells the previous registration number.

it has previous registration "500me628" dont think its english. could i send the log book in to be changed or is that even possible?

• Advertisement

It should be possible alright.
    Can't see how you can't insure it though. I've never had to show a logbook when insuring a car.

i went to a brokers that a friend recommened and got a great quote, they told me come back 2moro with my licence, nct disc and log book so i did and then they seen the kit car and said they couldnt insure it! il try over the phone no need for log book then....any suggestions for young drivers insurance??:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

the starlet is a highly stolen car.

you'll be looking at upwards of 3.5 if you have it in a shed, alarmed and gaurded by the army...

im insured by quinn, but it took an hour to play 4 brookers off each other to get the qoute of 7k, down to 2950.

im only 18 full licence with a year an my brookers got me a quote of 1500, which is pretty good but if i cant change the log book i cant get this quote so does any one know how to change a log book??:)

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,915 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

There's a change of particluars form on the motor tax website, which can be used if you change the engine, colour, body type etc, but I can't see anything that mentions kit car on it. Best bet might be to go down to your local tax office when it opens back up and go to the customer service desk to see what they say?

• Advertisement

thanks a mill, sounds lik a plan!:) surely is possible tho!

ballz wrote: »
    im only 18 full licence with a year an my brookers got me a quote of 1500, which is pretty good but if i cant change the log book i cant get this quote so does any one know how to change a log book??:)

Did they know it was a GT starlet ? That sounds very very cheap, are you male or female ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Pdfile wrote: »

you'll be looking at upwards of 3.5 if you have it in a shed, alarmed and gaurded by the army...

im insured by quinn, but it took an hour to play 4 brookers off each other to get the qoute of 7k, down to 2950.

What are you driving that you pay 3k in insurance?

Pdfile wrote: »

Are you driving a Glanza, how old are you?

ya they knew it was gt turbo starlet, im 18(19 in few days) male 1 yrs driving experience under my mother, was insureing the starlet under the mother to tho! i think it was axa the brookers ended up useing! sooo if i can change the log book il be smileing!ha

until you hit a wall at least!

Advertisement