Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Talent Show

Options
  • 31-12-2009 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

Nice to find Blaithnaid has recovered from her squiffy gut

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Not sure whether or not this is relevant for this thread but it appears that RTE are ringing in this New Year on the results show instead of doing their usual pre-recorded show.

Could this be something to do with cost cutting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Black Magic

Not sure whether or not this is relevant for this thread but it appears that RTE are ringing in this New Year on the results show instead of doing their usual pre-recorded show.

Could this be something to do with cost cutting?

Don't know but it'sa heap of crap that I certainly won't be watching. I'll support the British BBC or ITV instead.

Last year was bad but who wants to look at a crowd of eejits who think they can sing bringing in the new year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

I think the All Ireland Talent Show might be the worst thing I've ever seen. It looks like a spoof, but it's actually real. Depressing beyond belief.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

Ageispolis wrote: »
    I think the All Ireland Talent Show might be the worst thing I've ever seen. It looks like a spoof, but it's actually real. Depressing beyond belief.
    Agreed. Who's this big fat country chap rapping with the little kid? Apparently they won this thing last year.. Cringe TV. :eek:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭deco1610

Who was the blonde singing "You raise me up" just there?

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

What the HELL was going on with that show tonight....

I know the Americans deliberately pause before announcing winners....

BUT FCUKING HELL, this was plain annoying:mad::mad::mad:

The stupidly looooooong pauses did my head in.

ToniTuddle wrote: »

Grainne is a bit of a tool when it comes to pauses. She is too bloody boring, pain in the arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Grainne is a bit of a tool when it comes to pauses. She is too bloody boring, pain in the arse.

Ahhh...but you still would though!

Ah Johnny, you're back.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭zeppe

Train wreck TV, utter pants..
    Ah RTE, you never let me down, consistently ****e..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Even my parents were wondering what the hell was going on.

:( Thank god they at least had the sense to show a Dumb and Dumber repeat on the 2 :pac:

thebman wrote: »
    Even my parents were wondering what the hell was going on.

:( Thank god they at least had the sense to show a Dumb and Dumber repeat on the 2 :pac:

Dumb and Dumber was on TG4 last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Right, I'll be honest, I've had over a dozen bottles of Miller and half a bottle of Captain Morgan and Coke, but I actually thought, that was somewhat entertaining.... craziness I know, but that's how I feel... Good sh*t... Good way to bring in the new year...

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭pphheerroonn

The fireworks at the end of every sentence at the start of the show was priceless. I lol'ed! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

Well to be honest I reckon it was the best €50 RTE ever spent;)
    If they want me to look after the fireworks next time i think i have
    a couple of bangers in the attic...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 883 ✭✭✭moe_sizlak

was it me or did grainne looked thinner than usual , this for me is not a good thing , grainne isnt grainne without her trademark curvy form

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭noinc

Jesus, RTE prove that they cannot get their collective heads out of their backsides with this drivel, it's a wonder there is any room for anyone to put a head up a backside in there with all the tongues so busy in that area.

The judges, oh dear the judges. In typical fashion during a recession they line the pockete of the those already on their pay roll instead of making jobs for people with ability. As for that eejit who does the travel show, I know she's not involved but she now gets another big chegue for screaming at contestants on Winning Streak, Joe Duffy gets an extra few bob with his Sunday TV Show, Christ is there nobody in there who can spot talent or do they think we like these people so much we can't live without them.

Come on RTE create some new jobs and discover new presenters and stop wasting good money on The All Ireland (lack of ) Talent Show

Still look on the bright side it will be over before the tourists get here for the summer so we won't look too thick in the eyes of the world !

I don't like how they give points to the "cute" girl who can't sing.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭NormanNicetouch

ToniTuddle wrote: »

Yeh. I know. 10 or 15 seconds is cool to build a bit of tension but one of her pauses must have gone on at least a minute. I know Grainne's always pretty tightly corseted so I thought maybe she'd had a seizure or something. Just spit it out, love, and stop us fretting.

This show is a joke. Dana saying that the girl is going to be something big in the future.

What? She is way off tune yet the judges feel they must be nice to her because she is too young to take criticism and might start crying.

Then you have another girl with her sob story. Her mother has cancer and she would be so happy to give some of the 50000 euro prize to the hospice for helping her mammy.

The fact that they let through these people that can't sing says a lot about the whole setup. I hope the public have an ounce of sense and vote the toddler out.

• Advertisement

If they pick that child as a wild card I'll... ARGGH

Feck it anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Horsesh'it complete and utter horsesh'it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭ateam

It's a national disgrace. Woeful television. Absolutely nothing right or good about the programme.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 883 ✭✭✭moe_sizlak

I don't like how they give points to the "cute" girl who can't sing.

is that yer one who hadnt the pipes for the song from west side story

I've only seen it once or twice including tonight and if I went to a friends house and their 6 year old insisted on singing for me before they went to bed, I'd probably humour them somewhat but Jesus do I have to pay
    € 160 a year to watch complete strangers kids sing before they go to bed and sing badly at that. We've all seen it before, child sings at a party and every says "that was brilliant Orla" (even though it was ****) but on national television ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Watched it tonight more cos I had to than anything else. All I can say is that it's a hape of poo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

I refuse to watch this tripe. I'd rather get the trotts in Kenya than sit through an episode of this.

Wow, the trots in Kenya eh, is that a good place to get the trots or is it a very bad place to get them? Anyway if you took the trouble to watch this show you would see a load of people with verbal trots in a studio somewhere in Bray mind you you would miss out on a safari or maybe you might not be well enough to go on safari. Sitting in a mud hut on a po watching hers of wildebeast fleet majestically past the window or The All Ireland (has no)Talent Show, emmmm. Okay you win, give me the trots anyday !

• Advertisement

noinc wrote: »
    Wow, the trots in Kenya eh, is that a good place to get the trots or is it a very bad place to get them?

You'd think that getting the trots in Kenya would be like oh my god but it's brilliant actually.

Advertisement