Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Talent Show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Daithi - 5. Thank you. :D

What made him change his mind?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Black Magic

Them three "sisters" were useless. We could all see that the deserved got through. Blathanna na Coffanigh is a smug git.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

It was God awful tonight... The one who got through was good, but everyone else was painful to watch and the judges there throwing 7's and 8's and 9's at them... WTF!!
    They should all grow a backbone and score them on how talented they actually are... I would've been given out 1's and 2's and throw a 9 or a 10 at the one who could actually sing...

It was God awful tonight... The one who got through was good, but everyone else was painful to watch and the judges there throwing 7's and 8's and 9's at them... WTF!!
    They should all grow a backbone and score them on how talented they actually are... I would've been given out 1's and 2's and throw a 9 or a 10 at the one who could actually sing...

Exactly. It showed those two "funny" girls in a classroom and the other students were rolling around laughing. They were bleedin' useless they were. Someone should stand up and wipe the confidence act off their face. The public now have and good luck to them. They can represent us at the Eurovision and put us to shame there!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 anto475

why are people putting sisters in inverted commas though?
    that's what mystifies me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭ContyHooks

That comedy act made me wanna put my foot through the tv..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

ContyHooks wrote: »
    That comedy act made me wanna put my foot through the tv..
    Don't do it, they're not worth it.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭noinc

Ah sure now if RTE could spot talent do you think Gerry Ryan and Joe Duffy would be on air or Ronan Collins or Pat Kenny. The pity is that there is a lot of real talent in this country but if RTE let the real talent on air it would expose the whole damn lot of them. Better to feed us tripe liek this so that we think those mentioned have some ability. Don't be surprised if those two girls get on to more shows look at John & Edward (deadwood) and RTE think that a celebrity show should feature and architect or a solicitor or guy who owns a clothes shop so whatver those girls names are they will fit the bill nicely for Montrose.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

anto475 wrote: »
    you should see the pictures of them when they were younger, they look all alike xD
    and i suppose you'd have to know them to see the family resemblance in that case

I'm guessing you know them?

Johnny Bongos was a legend :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Its the talent you'd expect from a primary school play in a parish hall.

Horrible TV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I didn't mind that the acts were so bad, thats to be expected but what really annoyed me was the judges ridiculous scoring!? I would hate to see what an act is like if they score under 5! What they should do is change the scoring to 1-5, 5 being amazing and 1 being terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭AJ STYLES

I thought that the pianist who was on last week was excellent, in that she was techically competent, zany, feisty and very entertaining. Was disappointed that she did not get the support she deserved. I think that the judges, with the exception of Dana (she seems to have some sort of an ear) are literally tone deaf, and could not differentiate between someone banging on a tin-can, and a Beethoven symphony. The show is absolutely rubbish! It is cheap, degrading, and does not accurately represent the abundance of Irish talent so evident in many of our local musicals/pantos/concert halls.[/quote]

imo it exemplifies the type of talent found in musicals/pantos/concert halls. i mean if those supposed talented people that some keep harping on about went to the show they would be in the final. i can only conclude that this is the talent we have in this country. in a globalised world where we get british and american talent shows on our tv, the all ireland talent show can't really compare with those production values and diversity of acts(even tho i think all talent shows are rubbish)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

AJ STYLES wrote: »
    I thought that the pianist who was on last week was excellent, in that she was techically competent, zany, feisty and very entertaining. Was disappointed that she did not get the support she deserved. I think that the judges, with the exception of Dana (she seems to have some sort of an ear) are literally tone deaf, and could not differentiate between someone banging on a tin-can, and a Beethoven symphony. The show is absolutely rubbish! It is cheap, degrading, and does not accurately represent the abundance of Irish talent so evident in many of our local musicals/pantos/concert halls.[/quote]

imo it exemplifies the type of talent found in musicals/pantos/concert halls. i mean if those supposed talented people that some keep harping on about went to the show they would be in the final. i can only conclude that this is the talent we have in this country. in a globalised world where we get british and american talent shows on our tv, the all ireland talent show can't really compare with those production values and diversity of acts(even tho i think all talent shows are rubbish)

the all ireland talent show is not in anyway a reflection of the level of talent that is out there in this country , its 1st and foremost a tv show whos main priority is attracting ratings for rte , who wins or the quality of the contestants is secondary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭AJ STYLES

sure it is. for 50,000 if someone had talent they'd be at that show.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,511 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Folks, feel free to comment on the shows merits or faults, but please don't lower yourselves to insulting the kids that appear on the show.
    Its not funny, and its not clever. Grow up. Infractions will be given out if it continues.

What about the fact that RTE are insulting us by allowing those rubbush kids to perform at all. If I 2went to a friends hopuse and he insisted that his child sing for me before they go to bed fair enough but having to pay a licnce fee to permit complete strangers to do it?

Let the kids perform in the privacy of their own home but keep them off the telly, in 10 or 15 years these kids will die of embarrasment when their parents play the video back !

noinc wrote: »
    What about the fact that RTE are insulting us by allowing those rubbush kids to perform at all. If I 2went to a friends hopuse and he insisted that his child sing for me before they go to bed fair enough but having to pay a licnce fee to permit complete strangers to do it?

Let the kids perform in the privacy of their own home but keep them off the telly, in 10 or 15 years these kids will die of embarrasment when their parents play the video back !

LOL!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=63775403#post63775403

You must have to put up with that a lot!

No but I have been unlucky once or twice and I hate lying !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

not really. Many people I know refuse to go on these kind of shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭NormanNicetouch

Really? And be judged by Dana who puts a screeching 7-year-old through ahead of a talented band? Or that Mayor of Kerry guy with the cap permanently sown to his head who must be one of the biggest tools in the country? You'd feel really happy to be judged by him seeing as he knows so much about the entertainment business and all that.

I rememeber going down Capel Street when they were holding the Dublin auditions for the previous series there and I honestly thought it was an audition for the Billy Barry Kids because the average age seemed about 10. No 7-year-old should be allowed sing on TV EVER, no matter how cute or cocky they are. It's embarassing for themselves to watch in later years and painful for everyone watching at home and in studio except for their doting relations. If they want to try and introduce even the slighest hint of credibility into the thing, they at least need to get a few decent judges who know the industry and introduce a minimum age of say 13.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

Or that Mayor of Kerry guy with the cap permanently sown to his head who must be one of the biggest tools in the country? You'd feel really happy to be judged by him seeing as he knows so much about the entertainment business and all that.
    Ha, that's so true. I have to wonder who thought it's be a good idea to have that gombeen as a judge.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

If Mark Adamson doesn't get through I'm never watching again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

Mr E wrote: »
    Folks, feel free to comment on the shows merits or faults, but please don't lower yourselves to insulting the kids that appear on the show.
    Its not funny, and its not clever. Grow up. Infractions will be given out if it continues.

people are ripped to shreds on the x-factor etc threads but we cant poke fun at these people? fair enough, you make the rules but its a little hypocritical.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Oh dear. Oh dear oh dear. No.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

I thought those two girls were excellent. What would Shane Lynch know about singing?

The two girls from the South were decent as well. Definitely a better standard than last week.

Shane Lynch gave them a 3 - and the likes of Johnny Bongos gets 8?! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Shane Lynch is an idiot.

Gives 9 to everyone else and then gives the best act a 3 just because the other judges didn't agree with him :O

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

df1985 wrote: »
    people are ripped to shreds on the x-factor etc threads but we cant poke fun at these people? fair enough, you make the rules but its a little hypocritical.
    +1 And just like Lynch, grumpy:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

how this is allowed prime time viewing at the weekend, just beggars belief.

only in Ireland./../

• Advertisement

jaffa20 wrote: »
    Shane Lynch is an idiot.

I concur. Shockingly low score. F*** off Shane Lynch, absolute bellend of the highest order. That was one of the best acts in this horrific standard of a competition!

Them and Mark Adamson were head and shoulders above the rest.

Advertisement