Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Talent Show

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Lynch was really mean to those two girls. Some b*ll*x.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

Okay I've calmed down, but it pisses me off when acts like those two funny as cancer 'comedy' teens from last week get high marks compared to those two girls. :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I go to college with one of the girls from Bella Anam, and I've been lucky enough to sing with her once or twice. She's one of the most talented singers I've ever met. Lynch's judgement was fucking disgusting, and is exactly the sort of bullshit that puts me off Irish television. He's an idiot of the most petty kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

Wow a 3 :eek:
    There's been worse people on it before and they got 8 and 9's. I hope Mark Adamson gets through he was really good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Black Magic

Okay I've calmed down, but it pisses me off when acts like those two funny as cancer 'comedy' teens from last week get high marks compared to those two girls. :(

What would Shane Lynch know anyway. Has he ever sung a note on a boyzone song? Those two "comedy" drama queens last week were useless. They were like two nattering grannies in a bingo hall who just wet themselves after seeing the parish priest.

The show is terrible.

• Advertisement

Mark Adamson only 4th?! Gutted. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

Mark Adamson 4th?! I'm gutted. :(

+ 1 :(

FANTASTIC.

F u Blaithnaid!

Haha take that Lynch you tit! Hope he gets a hammering in the papers for being such a cretin! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

PyroTechnix were much better than Jiggly arms Sean Nos.

• Advertisement

I didn't care for the act that won personally. Much prefer to see singing talent. :(

peabutler wrote: »
    PyroTechnix were much better than Jiggly arms Sean Nos.

Yea but it was good enough for them and Shane Lynch and of course blathanna ni coffaighna.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

You lot are all sad for watching this shíte. :D

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Pyrotechnix were sh*te... Everyone else tonight was good... if it hadn't been for Shane Lynch, those two girls would've come in first... Glad they got through to the Wildcard show at least...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

I go to college with one of the girls from Bella Anam, and I've been lucky enough to sing with her once or twice. She's one of the most talented singers I've ever met. Lynch's judgement was fucking disgusting, and is exactly the sort of bullshit that puts me off Irish television. He's an idiot of the most petty kind.

i thought they murdered that alicia keyes number , lynch was the only one who got it right

Lynch wouldn't have a clue. Can he sing? I've never heard his voice singing before. I only hear it spewing out sh*te like he did tonight. He's an eejit and tonight he was shown for what he is - a spoilt man from North Dublin going through a stinking period in his life. Good luck to him.

His act next week doesn't seem to be up to much either. It's some man dressed up as a woman dancing with four fellas. It is supposed to be comedy. You're going to rot Shane. You couldn't spot talent if you seen it in a tatoo magazine.

His Sister Keavy of B*Witched fame ain't up to much either.

008773_21.jpg

nor is Edele...

k92.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭noinc

If this show was a human it would be on life support with people pleeding to have the plug pulled. This is drivel. There is a cosy cartel wroking at RTE who are afraid of real talent lest it show up incumbent shower of drab idiots it already employs.

PS why is Charlie Bird in Haiti, don't those poor people have enough problems ? They are happy enough to show stuff off the news reels normally but when there are dead bodies strewn everywhere Charlie gets the gig. Along with his Cameraman, sound op and Director that's another 4 mouths to be fed in a country where aid is so desperately needed. What a bunch of insensitive so and so's, they can't get a team out to Sally Gap or anywhere else in the snow but hey think of the expenses acrued by a trip out to Haiti !

• Registered Users Posts: 24,059 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

noinc wrote: »
    If this show was a human it would be on life support with people pleeding to have the plug pulled. This is drivel. There is a cosy cartel wroking at RTE who are afraid of real talent lest it show up incumbent shower of drab idiots it already employs.

PS why is Charlie Bird in Haiti, don't those poor people have enough problems ? They are happy enough to show stuff off the news reels normally but when there are dead bodies strewn everywhere Charlie gets the gig. Along with his Cameraman, sound op and Director that's another 4 mouths to be fed in a country where aid is so desperately needed. What a bunch of insensitive so and so's, they can't get a team out to Sally Gap or anywhere else in the snow but hey think of the expenses acrued by a trip out to Haiti !

Better compared to a dog as they're easier to put down.

I accidentally watched some of it, some woman leaping around like she was on hot coals, a reasonably professional singer (Adamson?) and a butch of cretinous judges who didn't seem to know what talent was.

It seems like a Christmas concert at a National School in the arse-end of nowhere, put together by a teacher with delusions.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭steps_3314

What a pity of a show.

I shudder when im channel hopping and will leave it on for a couple of minutes to see if there is any quality.

Had to laugh when i heard Shane Lynch say he thought Pyrotechnics were as good as any band he has ever seen. Must have ebing comparing them to his own band.

Just shows what the clown knows as they were booted out anyway.

The overall production is a joke. A poor mans copy of the X-Factor.

Probly get alot of stick for those comments but what the hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭brousuka

noinc wrote: »

Very valid point. Lets start a thread on this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

No disrespect to the acts on this show but it's a bit embarrassing that these are considered the cream of talent in Ireland, especially when compared to acts on Britain's Got Talent or The X-Factor. Shockingly poor. :(

Also has anyone else noticed what an unbelievably bad presenter Grainne Seoige is?? :eek: She doesn't seem to know what she's doing most of the time and has to read autocue or check her cuecards just to know to say hello.
    Honestly, I cringe every time I watch her. If it were one of the afore-mentioned shows, Simon Cowell would have her replaced in a heartbeat!

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭steps_3314

What would Shane Lynch know anyway. Has he ever sung a note on a boyzone song? Those two "comedy" drama queens last week were useless. They were like two nattering grannies in a bingo hall who just wet themselves after seeing the parish priest.

The show is terrible.

The shows a f**king joke to put it mildly.

Christ did u see the state of the audience for example.

Calling them Hillbillies is an understatement.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Esseapfa

df1985 wrote: »
    people are ripped to shreds on the x-factor etc threads but we cant poke fun at these people? fair enough, you make the rules but its a little hypocritical.

Why would u want to make fun of young children on the show???
    Would it make u feel better to 'poke fun' at them. I find that a bit sad. If u don't have anythin good to say don't say anything at all. They're only children and don't go on the show for ignorant people to make fun of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

what makes me ignorant? im allowed have an opinion, they decided to go on national tv on a talent show, to be judged by the general public-did they expect everyone to like them and enjoy their acts??? its the real world,if i think theyre ****e im entitled to my opinion.they wont get too far if all the hear is good opinions while the others "dont say anything at all."

if they want to be famous in the long run, theyll have to be prepared for a lot worse than what is said on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 mcronnymc

Pyrotechnix were sh*te... Everyone else tonight was good... if it hadn't been for Shane Lynch, those two girls would've come in first... Glad they got through to the Wildcard show at least...

Have to agree with you on Pyrotechnix, why on all these talent shows it has **** Irish bands, and not one of the many brilliant Irish bands out there!! Shane Lynch is away in fairy land gving them ten. And a last point i'm a drummer and to see the drummer playing the piece of **** he was playing was cringe-worthy, any credible musician wouldn't even have one in their bedroom!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 suzie999

That's a joke. Hope those Pyro bastards are out.
    Hey there grumpy yoke. Keep your nasty language to yourself. I happen to think Pyrotechnix were good and brought a bit of life to an otherwise out of date show. Mark Adamson was good and topped the judges score but this show is all for trad music and Irish dancing so anyone with a different act gets booted off once the public start voting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Esseapfa

df1985 wrote: »
    what makes me ignorant? im allowed have an opinion, they decided to go on national tv on a talent show, to be judged by the general public-did they expect everyone to like them and enjoy their acts??? its the real world,if i think theyre ****e im entitled to my opinion.they wont get too far if all the hear is good opinions while the others "dont say anything at all."

if they want to be famous in the long run, theyll have to be prepared for a lot worse than what is said on here.

So you think taking the piss out of young children will help them and prepare them for the future. There's a big difference between constructive criticism and taking the piss. You want to take the piss out of young people and my in opinion that is sad. That's just my opinion!

Them children shouldn't be put on in the first place. Mammy and Daddy just want the 50,000 and the only talent the child has is a smug face. The public don't care about their child and will boot them up the arse as soon as they are given a vote. There's no point in Blathnachanna Ni Choffeigna putting through a wee girl. She had no talent whatsoever. I don't care what age she was. She was useless. If I were a 30 year old woman who did what she did I wouldn't be put through. Why is that? I'm not a "cute" toddler.

Pyrotechnicals were garbage. Utter trash. Unsurprising that Shane Lynch loved them. He hasn't a wisp of musical talent in his brain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭votejohn

taking the p*ss out of their songs, performance, costume etc is ok, but i've reported a number of posts in this thread calling young kids fat. I think thats where the line should be drawn.

Insult their performance / talent - ok
    Insult their appearance / family - not ok (imo)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

votejohn wrote: »
    taking the p*ss out of their songs, performance, costume etc is ok, but i've reported a number of posts in this thread calling young kids fat. I think thats where the line should be drawn.

Insult their performance / talent - ok
    Insult their appearance / family - not ok (imo)
    Spoilsport..

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Advertisement