Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Talent Show

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

What is that Blaithnaid on?

Just docked a point as she felt that the act was singing from the chest rather than the belly!

Dana had no idea what she was on about!

Really the judges are a joke.

What would Blaithnaid as a TV presenter know about technicalities of singing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

daithi has a hand in his pocket when this one comes on,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Ronan Keating

scrubber72 wrote: »
    daithi has a hand in his pocket when this one comes on,

She did have beautiful breasts and a nice posture. A nice pear shape with a touch of meat in the buttocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Guys, i'm gonna be missing the performances tonight. Be back for the results though but could ye just tell me how ben does for the south and what the judges score him? Thanks :)

I missed him but saw the scores he got two 9's and two 8's and apparently he was amazing :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

This is scutter of the highest order. good god.

Do RTE believe this is credible? Surely someone in RTE should have the foresight that the average member of the public cannot take any of these judges (maybe apart from Dana) seriously????

First time I have watched this and I have to say that some of the scoring has been baffling. The stand out performer was the young tenor guy, he was superb but of course he is far too polished to win a show like this. He will need to be unemployed, in negative equity and have had raised his brothers and sisters on his own from the age of 3 before "a parish" other than his own will vote for him.

Its like unintentional comedy that makes you cringe a little.

• Advertisement

I missed him but saw the scores he got two 9's and two 8's and apparently he was amazing :D

That young fella was brilliant. absolutely deadly. Genuine talent who is above singing for that shower of judges in all fairness.

That young fella was brilliant. absolutely deadly. Genuine talent who is above singing for that shower of judges in all fairness.

Dana says he will be the next big thing.

Give him a few years. We'll see if he can hit the high notes then!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Just came back in time for the last act :rolleyes: but ben seemed really good from the clips. I voted so i hope he gets through :)
    and strongbow, i know loadsa people that are voting for him. I've got lotsa texts and loadsa facebook statuses are being updated and everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭the bolt

Like himself.
    but he only has dublin to pick from:rolleyes:

Just came back in time for the last act :rolleyes: but ben seemed really good from the clips. I voted so i hope he gets through :)
    and strongbow, i know loadsa people that are voting for him. I've got lotsa texts and loadsa facebook statuses are being updated and everything!

fair play. what was the name of the song he was singing do you know??

• Advertisement

No sorry :o

If I hear "i'm on the kitchen and bathroom circuit" once more ill smash my telly :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Really liked the winner, not surprised he won tonight.

He was quite good. It is good to give the lad his day out. He will decline into a feeble piece of work soon. This happens constantly with these types of shows. The kid done good but we will not know him in forty years.

Im happy he won tonight :) and i prefered that dublin guy over those westmeath ones so yea.. Good man Daithí for not going with the irish music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

couldnt bring myself to watch anymore. Who got knocked out

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭rusty999

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    What the HELL was going on with that show tonight....

I know the Americans deliberately pause before announcing winners....

BUT FCUKING HELL, this was plain annoying:mad::mad::mad:

The stupidly looooooong pauses did my head in.

Probably the worst excuses for judges I have ever seen on a talent show. Sorry ,what i should have said is the worst actors--because thats what they now see themselves as. Just take the bad acting of Blainid and Dana--totally fake pretending that they are having a disagreement and doing a Louis Walsh and Simon Cowell on it. Oh God, what next??
    No clue about talent whatsoever. And Blainidh comment on one of the acts-- Hooley something-- oh! you remind me of Mike Scott and the water boys.
    Would that be Blainidh because the song was actually recorded by The waterboys on an album I wonder. I am convinved she is not on this planet at all

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

This show is a massive pile of horse-shít and anyone who watches it should be ashamed of themselves.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭jaffa20

el diablo wrote: »
    This show is a massive pile of horse-shít and anyone who watches it should be ashamed of themselves.

Including you and everyone on this thread then?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭rusty999

Yea you're dead right. i do feel a bit ashamed of myself today for watching that excuse for a talent show. Years ago we had some reasonable talent shows on Rte such as Search for a star on Live at 3 presented by Derek and Thelma. But this is the bottom of the heap in my opinion and i will never watch it again.
    Actually it was only switched on because we had some visitors from London for the weekend who wanted to watch Rte but they ended up howling with laughter at this attempt to copy other talent shows in Uk and abroad.
    Pathetic!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

jaffa20 wrote: »
    Including you and everyone on this thread then?:D
    No, I've never watched it. (Ok, I saw a couple of minutes of it a few weeks ago and there was a fat old man (think he was one of the judges) "rapping" with a four year old boy). Haven't seen it since.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

MelanieC wrote: »
    Also has anyone else noticed what an unbelievably bad presenter Grainne Seoige is?? :eek: She doesn't seem to know what she's doing most of the time and has to read autocue or check her cuecards just to know to say hello.
    Honestly, I cringe every time I watch her. If it were one of the afore-mentioned shows, Simon Cowell would have her replaced in a heartbeat!

I liked Grainne until she became associated with this show.

Now I'm wondering what proportion of people will take her seriously if ever she goes back to reading the news...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Edelefan2010

Lynch wouldn't have a clue. Can he sing? I've never heard his voice singing before. I only hear it spewing out sh*te like he did tonight. He's an eejit and tonight he was shown for what he is - a spoilt man from North Dublin going through a stinking period in his life. Good luck to him.

His act next week doesn't seem to be up to much either. It's some man dressed up as a woman dancing with four fellas. It is supposed to be comedy. You're going to rot Shane. You couldn't spot talent if you seen it in a tatoo magazine.

His Sister Keavy of B*Witched fame ain't up to much either.:o

008773_21.jpg

nor is Edele...

k92.jpg

Hello my name is Jack Fitzsimmons & I've just joined this forum, I'm a huge fan of Edele & Keavy Lynch from B*Witched & always will be, I've met Edele & Keavy about three times already & I'm good friends with them.

Just so you know, this picture is also of Edele Lynch:D, When B*Witched released Jessie Hold On, Keavy had a haircut & Edele decided to get a fringe, which later disappeared when they went for a more sexier image when they brought out Jump Down.
    008773_21.jpg

Edele & Keavy have got a new band Ms Lynch & Edele is married with two kids (A boy & a girl) So they are actually quite busy at the mo, & they have got an album coming out in the summer.

Below is picture of what Keavy looked like when they were promoting Jessie Hold On.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Bersouth

Ha, that's so true. I have to wonder who thought it's be a good idea to have that gombeen as a judge.
    I know its a bit late just seen this post now, that gombeen as you say with the cap is the holder of 3 all ireland medals for his talents and comes feom a long line of very talented people.

Advertisement