Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A big thank you

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

The thread Zaph is referring to is one appealing for moderators not to be abusive when dealing with troublemakers.
    keefg wrote: »
    I explained why I banned you in the thread (read below why I don't send PM's). If you have a problem with my modding then you should've sent me a PM or to my Cat Mod - that is the correct procedure I believe.

Starting a silly thread hear and wasting the valuable time of our admin gods just confirms to me that I did the right thing.

Don't bother with the investigation Dav, the PM is very easy to avoid when banning someone. I rarely send PM's to the posters I ban because most of the time I just get a very abusive reply, so I don't bother sending them all the time anymore.
    Sneering, dismissive, condescending response if ever there was one. And you didn't explain why you banned KamiKazi - that comment on the thread is not an explanation, it's actually very vague.
    I can't believe this thread has gone on so long, talk about making a big deal out of nothing.
    Nothing to you maybe, but I personally feel mods being rude to posters is something that needs to be addressed. A tiny handful have gotten away with it in the past and it's refreshing to see that being tackled now.
    keefg wrote: »
    My reply was very pleasant compared to how I normally deal with messers.
    LZ5by5 wrote: »
    It's true, that was keef being nice.

:pac:
    Glad it's such a big joke...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Dudess wrote: »
    some genius would disingenuously make a sarky comment

I find that offensive!

• Registered Users Posts: 46,104 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Dudess wrote: »
    The thread Zaph is referring to is one appealing for moderators not to be abusive when dealing with troublemakers.

Sneering, dismissive, condescending response if ever there was one. And you didn't explain why you banned KamiKazi - that comment on the thread is not an explanation, it's actually very vague.

Nothing to you maybe, but I personally feel mods being rude to posters is something that needs to be addressed. A tiny handful have gotten away with it in the past and it's refreshing to see that being tackled now.

Glad it's such a big joke...
    All fair points Dudess and Id like to think that given the Op's history then this is a one off for keefg.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

keefg's responses in this thread have more or less proved my point TBH, it's good to see moderators with attitudes like keefg's are a minority here.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

and with that, we'll close this. We'll take the Feedback on board, and see what we will do with it :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement