Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Repairs in Sligo

Options
  • 31-12-2009 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

Anyone know anyone who repairs old TVs. Our TV is about 15 yrs old but cant afford a new one at the mo. The colour tube has gone - picture is green but watchable!! Needs a new tube. Used to be a place in Adelaide St but it is gone now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

You could try Crummy's on John Street in Sligo. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭rh555

Yeah I would suggest them too. Unfortunately nowadays its very common that repair prices for TV's exceed the price for a new LCD TV especially now that you can have a budget price 32" LCD for around £250.00 or even a bit less.

Try to get several offers but depending on whats wrong with the TV the costs for repairing it might be quite high. You can also try the board at TESCO where ppl sell used CRT's sometimes or the newspaper.

I remember those times when basic new TV's were way above a 1000Euros and repairing them was usually the better alternative but times have changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭T-Bird

PaddyJules wrote: »
    Anyone know anyone who repairs old TVs. Our TV is about 15 yrs old but cant afford a new one at the mo. The colour tube has gone - picture is green but watchable!! Needs a new tube. Used to be a place in Adelaide St but it is gone now.

Green screen is quite common I dont think it is caused by tube but from PCB, Crummy should be able to give an estimate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Threre is a Sligo Freecycle group available on Yahoo.co.uk.

This allows you to post items you require.

You might find someone who wants to get rid of a television after the Chrsitmas if they got a new one.

Use it a bit myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 john42

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

If it's expensive we have some of the tube style tv's in taheny electrical on market street.28 inch 4 by 3 at 199 or the widescreen at 249

Advertisement