Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom bb not connecting - West Wicklow

• 31-12-2009 8:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭

Anybody else know of an eircom broadband problem tonight? Dsl available but not connecting.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Just been talking to my brother on the phone. He lives in Baltinglas and mentioned that his broadband has been down all evening. I came here to verify it for him.

So it looks like there is an issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

No problems with Eircom in the Blessington area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 edwardoc

Eircom BB is down in castledermot area. Getting a PPPoE fail when I run diag on modem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭redalicat

Been down over here in Old Kilcullen, Co. Kildare since about 18:45 tonite, same as you describe, available but not connecting. Still down, accessing this through my mobile. Anyone ring or hear what's up?

Had this issue at the last week of November but it lasted for 4-5 days straight, Eircom said they fixed it at the exchange. Then it happened last night, down for half an hour, then came back up.

Meanwhile, for the last 3 months, our connection disconnects every five minutes or so, then reconnects, but only starting around half four in the afternoon and on through the night; daytime it's super-fast and reliable. We've fiddled with the modem, even changed it out, etc. but no joy. I had figured it's because I live in the country and the wiring to the house is pretty old, but it sounds like others are having problems.

Starting to wonder when UPC will rollout in my area...gettin frustrated for paying full price for a service I can only use half the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

I'm having issues as well, not sure if it's related though. my dsl light is green but the internet light is solid red. I'm in the arklow area.

my parents live in Rathvilly close to West Wicklow like the O.P.
    They also have no service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Try1ng

Friend of mine has the same issue since yesterday in Sligo - just on the phone to him, he said all lights are green but it the modem gives a DNS error, he'll be back later this evening and we'll try the openDNS ip address - I'll update if it works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

There is currently major problems with broadband in the Leinster area at present.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭redalicat

I'm back on here in Old Kilcullen, just got home. Hope it's getting fixed for everyone else soon!

Advertisement