Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glenview to Little Sugarloaf walk?

Options
  • 31-12-2009 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭

Last week I parked the car at the Glenview with a view of running to the Little Sugarloaf and back which I did and a nice run it was, but I encountered trails I didn't expect... expecting to have to run more backroads.

Coming over the flyover at the Glenview I took the left up past the back of the garden centre. In retrospect I should have taken the left up past the Glen of the downs golf course, but my route choice had an unexpected good result. Up along that road I went but it appeared that it was becoming a cul-de-sac until there was an appearance of a 'walkers this way sign' which brought be up a lane. Up further there was another such sign which brought me around a stables and up another lane around a field. Then nothing. No signs and the 'trail' or mud path went in various directions with closed farm gates in the way. Seems odd to have encountered the walkers signs, but then they disappear? Taking the right most option, I arrived in what appeared to be a private yard (!), I backtracked and went over a farmers gate and around a field, eventually popping out on a road which would lead to the gate stile for the Little Sugarloaf. If I kept going that would bring me back to Kilmac (Bohilla lane). The placename on the OSI map for the 'walk' area is 'Collnaskeagh' and on the map there is shown a 'trail' but its not marked from the Sugarloaf end and as indicated above, its only partially marked from the other end. Anyone else come across this before? Its a nice trail to walk, but its a bit of an anomaly that its signposted a wee bit, as if they are kinda welcoming walkers but not much :rolleyes:

Advertisement