Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cycle Routes - Celbridge : Lucan

• 31-12-2009 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

What would be the best (and safest )cycle route from celbridge to lucan village and back.....?
    N4 mightnt been the very best idea?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

pinkles wrote: »
    What would be the best (and safest )cycle route from celbridge to lucan village and back.....?

the road along the aerodrome to the end of the M4, along the n4 to the first exit - about 400m and then into Lucan. I think there's a bus lane along the N4 there, so should be safe to cycle.

Coming back you don't actually get onto the N4, the route's segregated from the N4 proper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

pinkles wrote: »

I cycle from Celbridge to Lucan and back regularly, I find the Celbridge to Lucan road quite safe but if you want to avoid going near the N4 take 1st turn right after Weston aerodrome, this brings you by Lucan golf club and in to Lucan village via McDonalds by a quieter one-way road, you could come back the same way but you'd have to walk about 150 metres because of the one-way road (there's a footpath though), I tend to take the cycle path back opposite McDonalds up the slip road until I get to the roundabout and then take the 1st left off it for Celbridge, both these routes avoid the N4. Also as carawaystick said you never actually go on to the N4, because of the cycle path, if you take the direct route. Here's the route from Celbridge below.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Dublin+Rd%2FR403&daddr=Celbridge+Rd&hl=en&geocode=FRbfLQMdsjuc_w%3BFWYjLgMdBG-d_w&mra=me&mrcr=0&mrsp=0,1&sz=14&sll=53.348143,-6.503563&sspn=0.032638,0.090122&ie=UTF8&ll=53.348143,-6.503563&spn=0.032638,0.090122&z=14

Advertisement