Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are these guys serious?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,083 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Fingleton wants an apology. FitzPatrick wants his privacy respected. Have these guys any grasp on reality at all?

http://www.rte.ie/business/2009/1231/irishnationwide.html

God, it's hard not to be libellous, so I won't say a word about those poor victims. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,872 ✭✭✭View

ejmaztec wrote: »
    God, it's hard not to be libellous, so I won't say a word about those poor victims. :mad:

Indeed, maybe there is a case for the two gentlemen taking a class action law suit against the general public for the public's reckless decision to stop bidding up the prices of houses? After all, if the public hadn't been so short-sighted, both of these gentlemen would no doubt have enjoyed large annual bonuses for years to come. As it is, they are reduced to penury... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

In 2010 silver heads will roll and slippery golden fingers will be lopped.If not our claims to belong to a just and democratic state are a joke and the future is darkly dire.And I am serious!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

ejmaztec wrote: »

Yeah, bloody TDs not being subject to libel law when the Dáil is in session. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

I wonder why it was an opposition deputy who came out with the statement. Wouldn't you think that Fianna Fáil, being in possession of the same evidence and, as the majority party in Government the de facto representatives of the public, would have come to a similar conclusion, I know I did.
    Is it all a lie, is the crisis not really happening?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

bmaxi wrote: »
    I wonder why it was an opposition deputy who came out with the statement. Wouldn't you think that Fianna Fáil, being in possession of the same evidence and, as the majority party in Government the de facto representatives of the public, would have come to a similar conclusion, I know I did.
    Is it all a lie, is the crisis not really happening?
    Reason FF are not coming out because Fingleton fast tracked loans to some of their members. McCreevy got a loan on a house worth 1.5 million for 1.6.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,083 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

nesf wrote: »
    Yeah, bloody TDs not being subject to libel law when the Dáil is in session. :p

I'm referring to the stuff that doesn't get a mention in that den of iniquity, and is hopefully stacked up in the DPP's office.:p

Question is where the Opposition tds comments libelous. Maybe so but I think a lot of people are asking why have no charges been brought against these two people who seem to want to have their cake and eat it. Really I think it undermines our governenment when these two people are making protestations like these.

Reason FF are not coming out because Fingleton fast tracked loans to some of their members. McCreevy got a loan on a house worth 1.5 million for 1.6.

You think? :rolleyes:

bmaxi wrote: »
    You think? :rolleyes:
    would think they have nothing to gain from an enquiry greens are calling for in new year. Did you see the Prime Time doc?

• Advertisement

would think they have nothing to gain from an enquiry greens are calling for in new year. Did you see the Prime Time doc?

Apologies, you are obviously not picking up on my "tongue in cheek".
    I did, in fact, see the Prime Time doc. and it was appalling the total recklessness that went on.
    Do I think there will be an enquiry? I think there will be a committee set up to report to the Minister within five years on the feasibility of setting up an enquiry.
    Seriously, if there is evidence of criminality taking place then these guys should be dragged in front of the Courts, in public. They have nothing to fear, criminality is not an obstacle in the upper echelons of Irish society, as several of our elected representatives will attest. So long as they belong to the right party in the right place, or have the right friends then they can do practically anything they like, because the Irish public has no mind of its own.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I'm laughing so much it hurts.
    2 Gangsters indeed..:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

the old guy needs to wise up, he did wrong imo, ran the building 'society' to a degree that was outside the interests of the members.

Yes the lack of progress in securing charges against these people is alarming. Compare that to America where action was taken swiftly. Its extremely depressing. But fair play to Paul Kehoe (mentioned in link in op) for having the courage of his convictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Yes the lack of progress in securing charges against these people is alarming. Compare that to America where action was taken swiftly. Its extremely depressing. But fair play to Paul Kehoe (mentioned in link in op) for having the courage of his convictions.

In America, they are charged as criminals, here they are financially rewarded to the extreme.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

ffs .... they must be using the same advisors/yes men that were around before the recession.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

PCPhoto wrote: »
    ffs .... they must be using the same advisors/yes men that were around before the recession.

Look lads..why the surprise ?

These gimps have been rookin the country blind for the past 20 years..aided by the nod and wink culture which became rampant under the reign of Lord Drumcondra.

These are the "Tent men"..surely you recognise them ? testorone fuelled Type A personalities with skin like a rhino hide and necks well filled with shiny brass.

A few bob here a "dig out" there a "house painting job" somewhere else and all the time living unbelievely high off the hog of John Q Taxpayer.

These cnunts won't cut and run ..they will fight like cornered rats.

Our best weapon is the election process..give it to them hot and heavy whenver the opportunity arises.

Time is on the side of the GIMPS....think Roddy's Audi 6....front page headlines for a day or two.....where now.............Aaaaaah ?

2010...will be VERY interesting ....

Fingletons dogs putting on a lot of weight i would say. Say he hasnt taking them out for a walk in ages due to debacle.

Advertisement