Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superquinn - Alcohol Prices

Options
  • 31-12-2009 10:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

I was in my local Superquinn branch this afternoon for the first time in about a month. I noticed that they don't seem to have reduced their alcohol prices since the reduction in duty announced in The Budget. There is a particular brand of cheapo vodka that I would sometimes buy - it was €14.99 pre-Budget and it is still €14.99 now. Whereas Tesco have taken about €2.60 off the price of a standard bottle of spirits.

Anyone else notice this? I'm ususlly a big fan of Superquinn but am not impressed on this matter!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

M&S are currently giving 10% off alcohol because of the reduction in excise and VAT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

Also (but could be wrong)I think that the excise and vat reduction only comes into effect with new stock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

noticed evil tesco had a bottle of wine for 4.69 i sometimes cook with for 4.69.

Cheeky monkeys displayed it as being "was 5 odd and now 4.69" since vat reduction :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Has anyone reported these price discrepancies to the store managers, or the NCA? Note the name, price and date at which you checked. Take a picture of the SEL with your phone even. If they're falsely declaring a price reduction, the NCA can investigate and fine them if necessary.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

And the NCA will reply that they'll "work with" the retailers who have "assured them" that it was an "honest mistake" and that "they'll endeavour to make sure it won't happen again".

The NCA have never actually properly dealt with any complaints I've made regarding PC World and Tesco's pricing displays. However they have stronly punished small-fry retailers for the same thing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Baught a 6 pack of Tuborg in Centra earlier, was always €6.90 before this alcohol reduction came in (cheapest place ive seen Tuborg in), girl goes to me when I'm buying the 6 pack today, ohh its been reduced due to new alchol reductions, only €6.99 now :rolleyes:, Prob didnt realise I've regularly baught Tuborg in that store and she also served me a good few times :rolleyes::rolleyes:, not a big deal, but still :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Nick

Advertisement