Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sig Sauer 3000 (Again!!)

Options
  • 01-01-2010 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

Hey all- sorry back to my question again on the 19th! Searching for an irish dealer since- that sells said rifle- no good! anyone know of any?
    thanks again

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I have bought a few Sigs over the years mostly from Griffin and Hawe in Athy, Kildare. Whenever i contacted Sig in Germany for info or products they referred me back to Griffin and Hawe. They are their main importers for Ireland. There is another company but they do not sell to the public (as far as i am aware).

Contact John Butler (Monday 4th re-open) and talk to him. They do not have one in stock but i'm under no illusions that if you wanted one it would be shipped in.

It is not the kind of rifle too many (if any) would keep in stock so unless you're sure you want one, i think looking and holding one for fit and suitability may be out of the question. Probably not what you want to hear but its all the info i have.

Griffin and Hawe, Athy, Kildare. - 059 8631221
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

try griffin and hawe in athy , they used to be the irish agents for sig as far as i know , or failing that email sig directly and ask them .

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭friedcircuits

thanks ezridax i emailed sig too no response yet but that'll do i'll give them a buzz.
    already have a rifle and wanting another one and that is the one i want!!!!
    thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

a word of warning , the sig customer care department is legendary in its lack of customer care ! and thats not a joke .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭BELOWaverageIQ

I think Stakelums in Thurles may have one, seen it there a few weeks ago if im not mistaken.
    Call and ask for Sean.

• Advertisement

rowa wrote: »
    a word of warning , the sig customer care department is legendary in its lack of customer care ! and thats not a joke .

Have to totally disagree there. Was waiting for months for an item, and the dealer kept stalling me with "its Sigs fault, they are not sending what i asked". Got a hold of a number and rang Sig directly. The woman on the phone was very pleasant and very helpful. Checked out my query then rang me back to tell me the dealer never bothered ordering the item i requested. She then put together the item with a package of t-shirt, caps, badges, books, and a direct number to her for any future queries, etc.

friedcircuits, give me a PM if you want and i'll pass on the number to you. You can ring and check if the rifle is in stock. That way when you contact Griffin and Hawe you can tell them Sig have one.
    Originally Posted by BELOWaverageIQ
    I think Stakelums in Thurles may have one, seen it there a few weeks ago if im not mistaken.

Its not the Sig 3000. Its the old model Sig ssg205 in 6.5x55. I know because i have one. Still a fantastically good rifle though.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

The lead time for an order from Sauer (that's the company - not Sig) is generally around 3-4 months. They don't keep rifles on stock very often.

civdef wrote: »
    ........from Sauer (that's the company - not Sig).........

Call them Sig or Sauer it doesn't matter you know what i'm referring to. Its the German manufaturer not the US one. (Sauer & Sohn Gmbh/Sauer-waffen.de as opposed to Sigarms.com)

............ is generally around 3-4 months. They don't keep rifles on stock very often

Hence the reason i offered the contact details i have. To check availability before going to the dealers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭triskell

Have a look at this crowd triebel in Germany, this is who i got mine of a few years ago, dead sound to deal with, no bs. very helpful with all the paperwork over there and here.

copy and past link into your address bar if it dosent work directly.
    Pm me if you want any more info

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭.243

pm sent

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭rob308

Shooting buddy of mine bought one about a year ago in Griffen-Hawe. He was waiting about 2 months for it to arrive though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭triskell

.243 wrote: »
    pm sent
    Got no pm

Advertisement