Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5-a-side network

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

What happened? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Dave! wrote: »
    What happened? :)

The fellas all turned up but they had underestimated how good I actually was. I could see that my superior skills would mean that our only chance of success was for me to hold on to the ball. The rest of the lads walked off in disgust and left me to win the match for us 6-0 with me scoring 5 and the ball hitting off the goalkeeper's backside.*

*Either that or we were the only team that turned up. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Lads, Got this email back from them:
    Hi ****,

Extremely sorry for the huge mix-up! On Friday we found out that the venue
    wasn't going to be usable this weekend and called all teams from both our
    Sunday and Monday competitions to inform them of this. Unfortunately I
    could only leave a message on your phone.

We will be definitely starting this coming Sunday February 7.

I will be in contact with all teams ASAP with game times.

Extremely sorry for the huge mix-up and look forward to seeing you next
    weekend!

Regards,

I never got any message on me phone!

But yeah, looks like its DEFINATELY starting this weekend!

Sorry again, and cheers to everyone who showed up Sunday! Bring on our (2nd) first game!!! ;)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

We should push for a tournament walk over... or at least a 10 point deduction for all other teams :pac:

jaysus i'd say we'd be lucky to get a free game outta them!

• Advertisement

Hadnt heard back so rang the bloke.
    He said he's waiting on the venue to get back to him so he'd said he'd ring me tomorrow definately before noon to give us our time, or to tell us it starts the following sunday!!

Either way im bringin a soccer ball so we'll have a kick about in albert park if its not on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Sounds like a bit of a chancer this guy

CiaranC wrote: »
    Sounds like a bit of a chancer this guy

Was thinking that myself.

We'll see if hes a chancer in a few days. At least no money has changed hands at this stage, but sure who knows, everything might come together in the next week and it'll be grand! I'm expecting a call within 2 hours. i'll keep ya posted.

The_B_Man wrote: »
    We'll see if hes a chancer in a few days. At least no money has changed hands at this stage, but sure who knows, everything might come together in the next week and it'll be grand! I'm expecting a call within 2 hours. i'll keep ya posted.

The jerseys thing was funny. Why would you need jerseys when you can just wear bibs? It's not La Liga ffs. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

I'm bringing my red Leyton Orient jersey on Sunday.

Maybe we can all wear red if enough of you support the likes of Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal.... etc

Ye good idea. i've a united jersey i can wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Dont think I even own a red t-shirt.

Doc wrote: »
    Dont think I even own a red t-shirt.

Just wear white and use the blood of our opponents - Terry Butcher-style. :pac:

Red me hole

I also have a black one if thats better?
    we'll prob have bibs anyway so it doesnt matter.

did anyone happen to catch the Futsal on the telly the other day? think it was on ABC. It was a pretty high standard, coz it was the finals. Dunno what venue it was in but I thought for a second it coulda been why our place was busy last sunday, but then sure we woulda seen more people.

It looked good though. And they all had jerseys and it made it seem way more professional so i can see why the ask for everyone to have jerseys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

The_B_Man wrote: »
    I also have a black one if thats better?
    we'll prob have bibs anyway so it doesnt matter.

Black for the win!

I can do black alright

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Sidney77

sundays game is off but according to the venue were are definitely on for next week

i have a soccer ball if anyone is interested for a little kick around in the park on sunday?

• Advertisement

Any football this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Just got into Melbourne yesterday. Haven't started work yet so if there's a kick around* happening soon and you need numbers I'm well up for it. In St. Kilda.

Cheers.

*with associated beers

CiaranC wrote: »
    Any football this weekend?

Your man STILL hasnt got back to me. i know for a fact if i ring him tomorrow he'll be like "Ah ye i was just about to ring ya....". Might send them off an email now and hope for the best. its wreckin me head.
    Funkstard wrote: »
    Just got into Melbourne yesterday. Haven't started work yet so if there's a kick around* happening soon and you need numbers I'm well up for it. In St. Kilda.

Cheers.

*with associated beers

Is anyone else up for this? Theres either Albert Park or another real good one across from the ALbert Hospital at Commercial Rd. If theres no 5-a-side we should at least organise this.

Yeah I reckon we should try organise our own weekly kickabout. We are nearly there with the numbers for a 5 aside anyway. Some evening during the week would suit me.

Just got this back:
    Hi ****,

I am still awaiting conformation from Wesley, however at this stage,
    unfortunately I believe we are going to have to put our Sunday Men's league
    on hold until we hear from Wesley. (I did have a two hour meeting with
    them on Tuesday). As soon as I know anything I will email all teams.

Apologies and regards,

kickabout here??
    http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Australia&ll=-37.844546,144.981894&spn=0.003109,0.004801&t=h&z=18

How does Monday evening sound? St. Kilda fest makes the weekend a no-go for a few of us I imagine

Sounds good to me

ye im good. i work 9-5 so maybe 6:30 kick off, or does everyone want to get some grub first?

I cannot do Monday or Thursday evenings as I train elsewhere those days. Other weekdays would be fine.

• Advertisement

Right so is Monday out then? I don't think I can do Tuesday but am free apart from that

Advertisement