Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5-a-side network

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

lol right so some ppl cant make it this weekend, others cant make monday, or tuesday.

Hows wednesday?
    i can do any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Any day is good for me.

OK, Who is available wednesday? We need enough for preferably 2 teams so feel free to bring some mates too. maybe if we could get 10 people we could have a 5 a side game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Wednesday is fine by me

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Don't wait on me. I've got a competition next Saturday and cannot run the risk of getting my legs hacked off before it :D

Any other week I'm fine with the exception of Mondays and Thursdays as mentioned above. I may be able to get another fellow to come along too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Wednesday is sound for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

im ok for wed too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

So are we giving up on the Sunday one?

not giving up on the sunday one. just waiting on that bloke to get back to me. hopefully they'll get their act together and we'll get some games starting.
    So are u in for wednesday, Doc?

IF so:
    macca
    funkstard
    ciaranc
    tigerandahalf
    Sidney77
    The_b_man
    Doc

Thats 7. Anyone else?

dont know if I can make it back in time after work, what time are you thinking of?

• Advertisement

dunno, 6 or 7?

The_B_Man wrote: »
    dunno, 6 or 7?

Cant make it back for that I work out in wop wop and it takes ages to get home. Ill have to stay a weekend warrior for the moment.

anyone want to meet up for pint this weekend??? fri nite, sat nite....maybe watch prem match

Could a beers be on the cards for sat?

why not...a team bonding session is needed as it looks like things mite be falling apart a bit!!...no harm to meet up with each other nway.

actually, i'm takin me housemate out this weekend coz hes a bit down after breakin up with his missus. so if yis fancy a lads night out down in the Vineyards in ST Kilda fri nite then i'm up for it. otherwise, i'm up for beers on sat afternoon or sunday afternoon, or a few quiet ones after work durin the week or also the following weekend or post work the following week or the following weekend............u get the idea!! ;)

So is football out this evening?

And yes some sort of beers would be 'ripping' as they say here.

Funkstard wrote: »
    So is football out this evening?

And yes some sort of beers would be 'ripping' as they say here.

I think you mean 'ripper', mate.

lol bonza mate!

ye look, anyone thats up for beers just show some interest here then we'll confirm it.

This whole things a pain in the arse though. The league is meant to start proper start of march so i reckon we're the only team that actually applied! OR else the bloke is tellin the truth and its the venue thats actin the bollix.

Anyone know of any other leagues going at the moment?
    Any good saturday session pubs?

m@cc@ wrote: »
    I think you mean 'ripper', mate.

If Eddie McGuire says ripping it's good enough for me!

I'm up for whatever. Surely we can organise an at least half arsed five a side at some time. Until then a session will do.

• Advertisement

Im out in St Kilda anyway on Friday having drinks with some friends starting in the Belgium Beer Cafe so could do. Happy to drink on Saturday too though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Funkstard wrote: »
    If Eddie McGuire says ripping it's good enough for me!

I'm up for whatever. Surely we can organise an at least half arsed five a side at some time. Until then a session will do.

see theres the problem, right there, Quoting Eddie McFvckinGuire in Public is rather frowned upon.

see theres the problem, right there, Quoting Eddie McFvckinGuire in Public is rather frowned upon.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/television/channel-9s-winter-olympics-hosts-eddie-mcguire-and-mick-molloy-on-thin-ice/story-e6frfmyi-1225832033725?from=igoogle+gadget+compact+news_rss

CHANNEL 9 commentators Eddie McGuire and Mick Molloy have come under fire over comments made about the men's ice skating.
    In their Winter Olympics wrap last night, the pair took aim at some of the costumes worn by the male competitors in the figure skating.
    As the pair discussed the men's figure skating, Molloy said: "They don't leave anything in the locker room these blokes do they", before a sniggering McGuire interjected, adding "they don't leave anything in the closet either do they."
    Molloy was quick to jokily reprimand McGuire, warning him he could get into trouble.
    The network then cut to an image of a skater wearing a tuxedo-style costume, which Molloy described as something even singer Prince would not wear.
    The footage then showed a skater wearing a costume of overalls and a flannelette shirt with McGuire suggesting it was "a bit of broke back".
    Molloy agreed saying: "A bit of Brokeback Mountain exercises, you can't wear that."
    The pair was referring to the Heath Ledger film Brokeback Mountain about a pair of gay cowboys.
    Channel 9 was believed to have received several complaints from viewers about the comments, the Herald Sun said.
    Social media networks were also awash with comments from viewers appalled at the comments.
    Members of the Facebook page "Eddie Mcguire is ruining the 2010 Winter Olympics coverage" were also outraged.
    Karen Turner wrote: "I watched for the first time last night and was shocked and embarrassed by his comments about the ice skaters, time for him to retire and replace him with someone more educated in life."
    Channel 9 is yet to respond to the incident.

He should know better.

anyone up for pint so in town tomor nite?

Haven't checked this in a while...any numbers for a kickaround this week?

I'd be up for one tomorrow (sat afternoon).

whats story with indoor soc lads???
    where ye watching rugby sat nite..most places r showing it??

Indoor soccer:
    Seems ur man never actually got permission off the venue to use it for indoor. Hes yet to get back to me but HOPEFULLY some miracle will occur and we'll be set for the league start on march 1st.

Rugby:
    Are Bridie O'Reillys on Chapel st showing it?

where ye watching rugby sat nite..most places r showing it??

Will more than likely be going to Pugg Mahones for handiness sake.

• Advertisement

gonna see if i can get the rugby online somewhere. whole rake of us in the gaf here so gonna crowd around the TV (hooking laptop up to TV).

should be a laugh.

Advertisement