Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5-a-side network

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Is anyone still on for playing?

I've just been emailed about another competition starting April 11th. I think some people have moved on from Melbourne so let me know on here if you're still interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Im still in!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

me 2

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Me arse.

so theres 3 of us and m@cc@s arse! Now all we need is a goalie!! :D

• Advertisement

The_B_Man wrote: »
    so theres 3 of us and m@cc@s arse! Now all we need is a goalie!! :D

I don't mind doing a spell in goal, it's where I started out playing and why I'm so inept outfield.

Good stuff.

Heres what the new bloke sent me tonight:
    Thank you for your swift reply.

Can you please provide us with the following:

• A team name for your team;
    • Player names – full names required for players that will be joining the league;
    • Your mobile phone number;
    • Details of any previous competitions you’ve played at (just so we know which rules you’ve played with in the past).

We’ll be releasing the fixture and other league information by Friday
    April 2 2010. You will be required to submit a team registration/insurance
    at your first match on Sunday April 11 2010.

Please respond asap.

Thank you.

IF any of you have the numbers from any of the origianl crowd, can you give them a txt and point them here? I'm hoping to get this sorted by tomorrow, as I'm headin down the Great Ocean Road for the weekend.

I'll be jobless next week also so if anyones around any time for a practice kick about let me know!

lads, the boys sent me a txt asking me to reply ASAP.

Can yis txt me (or PM me on here) your full names. i know all ur first names just not ur last ones! dunno why they need this info but meh.

also, we still only have 4 people and need a 5th. does anyone have any number from the other boys who were gonna play originally?

Right, we're in!! Definately this time!! :p

We're playing "Wii Not fit" this sunday night at 9pm. We're the last team to enter so we got the late one for this first game.

I'll PM everyone now.

How is everone getting there anyone got a car?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ste

Space for one more?

Don't mind being a sub. Will PM you now.

Doc wrote: »
    How is everone getting there anyone got a car?

Havent a clue to be honest. i think the tram stops about 10 mins away from the place. but if anyone with a car wants to swing by a designated meeting point then that'll do nicely!! ;)
    ste wrote: »
    Space for one more?

Don't mind being a sub. Will PM you now.

PM replied.

I reckon the ideal number for a team is about 7. 5 players + 2 subs, who rotate throughout the game so nobody gets too wrecked!! :D

I've just emailed this crowd asking what the policy is on just adding players to the team so when they reply i'll let you know. A couple of people have said they have mates that said they wouldnt mind playing either so we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

The one thing they did say though was that every outfield player needs a matching jersey, so i suppose if you pay for your own jersey ($12, inc. number on back) then i dont see anything wrong with having extra players.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭seanie_k

ill be driving so will be able to collect people from the city. Are we going to have a few team bonding pints at somestage before sunday?

well im jobless as of today so i'll be up for some any night this week. best not to have it saturday night. dont wanna be pukin all over the pitch, at least not on our first game!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ste

count me in for any boozing. B_Man has my number! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭seanie_k

Hows about a few relaxing Friday evening pints?

well, its friday evening. the missus is dragging me over to some friends house tho! :(

might have to be a saturday afternoon job, if we're meeting up before, or sure even sunday afternoon would be grand. meet up a cupla hours early to go over the usual ****e etc etc..

http://www.super5s.org/

Our game has been listed as one of the games of the week. :D

cool!!

Who got the goals again? I'm gonna start keeping stats for the season....;)

cool!!

Who got the goals again? I'm gonna start keeping stats for the season....;)

2 for me there guv'nor!

• Advertisement

2 for Dara/Darragh I believe as well. Couple of assists from me. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭jack in the box

Could you post the result, interested to see how you's got on! Could you put me on a list if you's are ever stuck, will be in melbourne in less than 3 weeks

Could you post the result, interested to see how you's got on! Could you put me on a list if you's are ever stuck, will be in melbourne in less than 3 weeks

Danger Here 4 - 4 Wii Not Fit

It was a good game. (Danger Here = us)

hey so i wanna sort the jerseys this week. they're $12 each with a number. just need tto decide on colours then sizes.

hey so i wanna sort the jerseys this week. they're $12 each with a number. just need tto decide on colours then sizes.

I bags a number between 2-5 (failing that Ill have 69, 666, 1916 or 3.14159265) and think we should go for black (could do dark green or is that too Irish). I’m a medium.

lol well its $12 with a single digit. if ur going for pi, expect to pay upwards of about $100!! :p

right, i'll stick ya down for extra medium liek meself. though i dunno how big the sizes are. medium might actually be a small. i'll see if i can find out.

Everyone still on for tonight?

Everyone still on for tonight?

No credit to text im still in.

Commisserations lads.
    We gave them a fair go. Final result was a bit harsh. Last bloody kick of the game!!
    Wont happen again, the more we play, the more stamina we'll have! ;)

Just let me finish this takeaway and beer off.....:p

FYI, Danger Here match report! ;)

• Advertisement

OK so shirt sizes are attached.

its actually $15 with a single digit. I need to order them 5 at a time so i'll only be ordering them this once. might get more than the 5 needed in case we take more ppl on board.

Advertisement