Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5-a-side network

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Can everyone who wants a jersey measure from armpit to armpit to get their "half-chest" size? nice one.

Also, we've got 3 "main" squad players at the moment, and 2 "temps". if anyone wants a game we're still hiring. No experience necessary!

Need at least 2 more players! Ask around and se if you know anyone interested and let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

I'm back in Melbourne for a few weeks and well up for a game. In St.Kilda. Let me know if you need an extra pair of legs.

Cool! We have a game this sunday evening.

Can you PM me your mobile number? Cheers.

Jerseys organised! They will be delivered to the game on sunday!! ;)

• Advertisement

we're a man short for tonight. anyone around melbourne interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭jack in the box

Any upcoming games?

ye we play every sunday.
    read the previous posts to see the timetable and location.
    u in melbourne. ye?

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Traq

I should be moving back to Melbourne in the next few weeks now and would be keen to join ye if you'll still be kicking around then?

ye well the season just started. we've played 3 games. Season going for another few months at least!

Always lookin for players as well.

• Advertisement

OK we need 2 or 3 players for Sundays game at 6pm.

any takers? Funk? jack? traq?

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Traq

OK we need 2 or 3 players for Sundays game at 6pm.

any takers? Funk? jack? traq?

I'd love to but it'll be another fortnight before I'm down I reckon. Hopefully there'll be a spot on the team then!

ye should be. one of the blokes finished up coz hes going back to france. another is off for 3 weeks coz hes goin to london.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

I'd love to but am currently typing from Dublin, where I have returned home to! Good luck with it all anyway!

We need a player or two if anyone is around?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Im back and ready to go this weekend!

lol public holiday this weekend. No game til next week.
    What ya at for watching the WC? I wanna go to a pub to watch some games, especially the aussies ones.

The_B_Man wrote: »
    lol public holiday this weekend. No game til next week.
    What ya at for watching the WC? I wanna go to a pub to watch some games, especially the aussies ones.

Doh!

No Plans mate give me a bell / text or PM and Ill come down and join you!

Are they showing any in Fed Square?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Doc wrote: »
    Are they showing any in Fed Square?

They're showing matches just in the grass area behind Fed Square (Birrarung Marr).

I'd say it'll be freezing down there at 4am!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭tibor_imo

Hi,

I'm leaving Dublin on Monday with my girlfriend for Melbourne via Vietnam, arriving in Aus on the 1st of July, I'd definitely be up for some 5 a side (or 11 a side if anyone knows a team), pretty decent player (i like to think anyway) midfield/attacker, 0 fitness however. Let me know what the story is,

Cheers,

Ed.

Also wtf are people gonna do for the World Cup final and other evening games? By my calculations they're on at 6.30am.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭tibor_imo

Sent you a pm b man, don't have a phone yet so if there is a game on later hit me up here i spose, cheers.

tibor_imo wrote: »
    Sent you a pm b man, don't have a phone yet so if there is a game on later hit me up here i spose, cheers.

Game toinght 6:40

ye and we'll definately need players coz Doc there is off travelling for 2 weeks, and i'm off home for good!
    IF anyone has any mates even, that are up for a game or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭cormaclynch

Alright lads,

I've just landed in Melbourne last week and would be keen for a kick around if there is a spot on the team....bench whatever!

Where abouts do you play at anyway?

The games are on every Sunday at Hawthorn Secondary College, Burgess St, Hawthorn East VIC.

You will defiantly get a game. Even if we had 10 players you would get a game as its role on role off subs.

Anyone who wants to come down and play just turn up this Sunday at 6:40 the teams name is “Danger Here” (Team 7) and our jersey is black and red.

Like The_B_Man said we need players as I'm away for 2 weeks and he’s off home. People are always coming and going on the team I think I’m now the only one left from when it started so anyone who is thinking about it please do come!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭patsy mulcaghy

Doc wrote: »
    The games are on every Sunday at Hawthorn Secondary College, Burgess St, Hawthorn East VIC.

You will defiantly get a game. Even if we had 10 players you would get a game as its role on role off subs.

Anyone who wants to come down and play just turn up this Sunday at 6:40 the teams name is “Danger Here” (Team 7) and our jersey is black and red.

Like The_B_Man said we need players as I'm away for 2 weeks and he’s off home. People are always coming and going on the team I think I’m now the only one left from when it started so anyone who is thinking about it please do come!

Fair play lads, is it every Sunday evening ye play?
    we are playing 5-a-side on a thursday out in Box Hill but its poor enough standard tbh

Might come down one of the sundays if ye need players, am living closeby in Hawthorn anyway and could do with the fitness!

Pete

ye we need players tonight, and every sunday! We're always short! IF anyone wants to turn up tonight, then go ahead. Read Docs post above.

I'm about to get on a 14hr bus so if u wanna PM me,. i'll get back to ya in a few days!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭keryl

4 of us would be interested in joining in a few weeks if there's spaces?

• Advertisement

ye i'm sure theres spaces.
    Anyone who wants to play, ring or txt me on 0410796634. I'm prety sure we need ppl for tomorrow.

Advertisement