Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The how did you get home new years eve thread?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

Spent half an hour desperately trying to hail a taxi but to no avail.. Then started walking home from Grafton street to fairview (where I saw 3 different taxis loose control coming round that corner, luckily no one was hurt), up through clontarf and then on to Raheny. It took ages and I was fecking freezing. Still debating if the night was worth the effort or not..

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

CrazySka wrote: »
    Queuing for a taxi on Stephens green right now would be hell.

Only when it freezes over.
    Clare_Guy wrote: »
    Isn't this one of those threads that the mods create specifically for drunken posts?!...

Nope, wrong thread.:p

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055783246

Happy New Year though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

Who cares?

I'm still not home, so fcuk it, I'm driving!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Clare_Guy

WOO! drunken posting ! :D

If you think that's good?!? I have it on good authority that tonight was a ''blue moon'', only happens once every 19 years! *

*may or may not be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Clare_Guy wrote: »
    If you think that's good?!? I have it on good authority that tonight was a ''blue moon'', only happens once every 19 years! *

*may or may not be true.

Once in a blue moon?

I think you mean the Lunar Eclipse.:pac:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055783659

But do you really care at this stage?:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Clare_Guy

Once in a blue moon?

I think you mean the Lunar Eclipse.:pac:

http://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055783659

But do you really care at this stage?:D

Like I said, I have it on good authority...

My ''spider-sense'' tells me a lunar eclipse is even more rare, or at least, not as regular event...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

i drove home and slept through new years

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭JangoFett

I walked home, only a 25 minute walk, and then went to a bit of a get together, there was only 5 of us and played the Wii until about half 5

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Duff

Planned on going back to my mates house after the club. I was outside talking to this girl I was with inside when my ex spies me from across the road and decides to board the crazy train and come over to me and go ape. Needless to say I swiftly left the two of them and rang me auld one to pick me up. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Spore

And yes, I feel off my mother fuckin bike

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

i got kicked out of a pub 3 times... then i walked around the town looking for a gaf party

and then walked 2 miles home because i was snowed in, and knew taxis wouldnt go up there

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Shoota

Was in a car driving from portlaoise, we heard there was snow in Dublin, we laughed because there was none when we left at 8.30pm, until we got to Naas where we encountered the damn snow!!

We were hoping to be home for the countdown but it took forever to get into town from there on the n7, Newlands cross was a white nightmare :eek: then driving my own car took 45 minutes from town to blanch, alot of people with no clue how to drive in the snow alright, and that weird dip in the road just before the m50 roundabout was causing bedlam.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

I changed my plan and stayed in town instead of the city. So, I didn't need to worry about getting home at all as I live in town anyway.

Better craic that St Steven's night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

i stayed on some1's couch and then walked home at 12 o' clock today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

walked home fell on the road my asscheek is killing me good times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Papad

RoverJames wrote: »
    I was out in Cork tonight, I don't drink so was driving home, two nutters hopped in the car :eek: thinking I was a taxi, they were living about 3 minutes from my place so I dropped them home, I declined the invite to join them for a cup of tea, that's my good dead done for the year.

So you killed them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Couldn't get a taxi so walked 40 minutes from one party to another, had to walk home from there as well which took 1 hour 10 minutes since I was walking people home, ****in taxi drivers.

Couple of friends were heading up to Howth summit in the middle of the snow, taxi man spent 10 minutes slowly skidding down the hill backwards before they gave up and went somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Left the club early to get a taxi...no taxis anywhere :( Sat on a railing by a taxi rank for nearly 40 mins, shoes off(they were new), frost bitten and this lady came up to me asked me where I was headed, told her...her boyfriend was a taxi driver she rang him and he came and collected me!!! I swear some people can be so kind! I paid of course, although he wouldn't take it, left a tenner on the seat, bless him.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dylano_k

Got a taxi back to my mates but his brother got stuck in town til 8 this morning and me and his da had to drive in and get him....was funny on the way back looking at all the people waiting on a bus

Bus stop wánkers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Drove from Cork to Dublin, thankfully the roads only turned bad as I got in to Dublin after midnight :mad:. Was cool (!) the M50 being one big white lane. Dodgy though, especially the downhills.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭g-whizz

who cares?

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭swapple

wow didn't realise we were so lucky! was at a house party, we decided to try our luck with flagging down a cab. luckily friends' house is next to m50 at palmerstown and we actually got a taxi to go to lucan when he was originally heading for town. also managed not to slip in heels walking across the m50! a proud feat since a male friend fell flat on his ass! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭swapple

g-whizz wrote: »
    who cares?

there's 4 pages to this thread so what do you think? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Got the nitelink home. Took longer than usual but still got me home.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

My so called friend texted me asking if my dad was working and could drive her home, after not inviting me out to her little party. Arsehole. I hope she didn't get a taxi.

My dad was working but the roads were so bad he couldn't get out of the city. He was driving people to luas stops all night so I guess the luas/ nitelink was the way to go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

I'm ashamed to say i fell asleep at 11o'clock - all I remember was watching the celebrations in Berlin and Paris (on TV, not in the actual cities!) then it was 8am!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

kelle wrote: »
    I'm ashamed to say i fell asleep at 11o'clock - all I remember was watching the celebrations in Berlin and Paris (on TV, not in the actual cities!) then it was 8am!

Then you should tell these people all about it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Audi Quattro.... No need to say more :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Had a taxi booked, was in Rodeo Joe's in Churchtown and he was like an hour late coming down from Wicklow. Cars skidding all over the place. Driving past the Plaza on the Tallaght bypass we were getting decked with snowball because we wouldnt stop, there were people out in the middle of the road trying to physically stop us. Others braved it and walked on. We even drove past some young one with her bags around her ankles having a crap. Bravery of the highest order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Joneser

Got the nitelink but he threw everyone off the bus "because the bus cant drive in snow", so had to walk home in the freezing cold and try not slip, should have asked for my 5 euro back...

Advertisement