Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Japan: An article on 20 years of anemic growth

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

I don't think that Ireland will go Japanese (if you'll excuse the crude expression), but I think we are in for a similar type of lost generation.

I also don't expect you to take the above at face value, so will post more later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

The difference between Japan and US models
    is the willingness to declare bankruptcy/start with a clean slate, i.e quick sharp correction versus prolonged correction
    Ireland is somewhere in between on this spectrum, i would personally prefer a quick sharp correction but with NAMA and mounting debts this **** will go on for decades

@nesf & all checkout this great blogpost here on this subject
    http://mpettis.com/2009/12/the-pace-of-change/
    its focused on China, US and Japan but when reading one can see where ireland fits into this picture

oh and happy new year everyone, head is still sore to be reading heavy economics stuff :)

Advertisement