Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Disruption to Dublin Bus services

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

dearg lady wrote: »
    lol, everyone trying to justify themselves now! I'm not suggesting that everyone's taking the p*ss, just a certain %, and I think it's unfair on others

not trying to justify myself but still not buses coming into clondalkin at all, i spent over an hour waiting on Nangor road (westbourne end) with about 30 other ppl all waiting to see would bus come along. i have no other way in, dont have choice.
    DB said buses would be on all main roads, i would have considered Nangor Road main road but yet 151 wouldnt go past turn of for Walkinstown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

musicfan wrote: »
    What about everyone that struggles to work this morning if they are lucky enough to manage it and then Dublin Bus pull services again and maybe the luas and the trains/darts. How ar they going to get home.

Lots of people I know live long distances from work - its not just a matter of getting there but making it home as well. I don't want to spend the night in work.

For some people who live closer to work, walking is not an option as the paths are in a worse state than the road.

It's unlikely that the buses will be pulled as they were yesterday as there has benn no more snow and none is forecast.

However, I suspect that the service won't improve much as the day goes on.

messrs wrote: »
    not trying to justify myself but still not buses coming into clondalkin at all, i spent over an hour waiting on Nangor road (westbourne end) with about 30 other ppl all waiting to see would bus come along. i have no other way in, dont have choice.
    DB said buses would be on all main roads, i would have considered Nangor Road main road but yet 151 wouldnt go past turn of for Walkinstown

What about the train from Clondalkin/Fonthill station on the Fonthill Road? It's a bit of a walk but you could try it.

Quite a few people from the Neilstown, Bawnogue, Clondalkin and Fonthill areas were using the station last night.

Train times at http://www.irishrail.ie/your_journey/printed_timetable_pdfs/2010/Dublin%20Portlaoise%2010.pdf

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

DB website updated:
    Dublin Bus are operating a service on all corridors on Thursday 7th January. However there are a number of areas where conditions are still poor and curtailments are in place, these are listed below. In view of the weather forecast for this evening Dublin Bus would advise that customers travel as early as possible. We are continuing to monitor the situation and will continue to update information throughout the afternoon and evening. Please check back here regularly for further updates or phone our customer service line from 07:00hrs to 18:00hrs on 01-8734222.

Snow has been forecast but only for the North and West so far, but IMO I could see buses being pulled as roads freeze again tonight, there just wasn't enough gritting done on the route i was on this morning and I assuming they won't grit during the day again so the slush will become ice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭Cleopatra12

Well it took me 7 and a half hours to get home yesterday. That was the 15.30 BE service to Cavan which arrived in Navan at 23.00, driver still had to go to cavan and he was offically finished work at 19.00. God bless his wee heart. I know loads of outbased BE drivers got stranded in Dublin when services were cancelled and had to be put up for the night.

No work for me today, no job was worth travelling over 7 hours for!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I couldn't get home last night. I got into town at 3.30pm yesterday and was stranded. No taxi's, No Buses.. I realise the conditions were awful. I just feel that DB didn't do enough to inform the passengers of this change, it was done very sudden and I was checking their website from 12.45 to 2.45 and nothing had been updated so I presumed all was okay and then when I did get to town, I was left stranded :eek:

I think they went about it the wrong way and with the conditions like they are now, I worry about the buses running today & tomorrow :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,346 ✭✭✭markpb

Update on the DB website
    In view of the weather forecast for this evening Dublin Bus would advise that customers travel as early as possible. We are continuing to monitor the situation and will continue to update information throughout the afternoon and evening. Please check back here regularly for further updates or phone our customer service line from 07:00hrs to 19:00hrs on 01-8734222.

The list of curtailed bus routes has been updated recently. Not sure about elsewhere but the 16, 16a and(possibly the) 20b have been withdrawn from Beaumont.
    16 - not serving Beaumont/Santry terminating at Omni and going to Nutgrove Avenue instead of Grange Road

16a - From Dublin Airport not serving Beaumont

20b - using Collins Avenue, onto bypass at Whitehall and turning at flyover onto Swords Road and back onto Collins Avenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭spoonface

angel01 wrote: »
    I just feel that DB didn't do enough to inform the passengers of this change, it was done very sudden and I was checking their website from 12.45 to 2.45 and nothing had been updated so I presumed all was okay and then when I did get to town, I was left stranded :eek:

I think they went about it the wrong way :(

If you think about it though, once the decision is made by Dublin Bus that it's too dangerous for their staff and the public to operate any more buses, the decision *must* be sudden and total at that point - I mean, if it's too dangerous for any buses, gradual phasing out of buses is not an option at that point. So while it sucks for passengers, I don't think there was any other option for Dublin Bus. The blame rather lies with the council for not gritting enough & early enough. I read today that
    in the UK they called the army out to intervene and sort the roads out. This is something we could have usefully used our army for too. Surely all the guys in the baracks in Rathmines & elsewhere could have done something to help.

spoonface wrote: »
    If you think about it though, once the decision is made by Dublin Bus that it's too dangerous for their staff and the public to operate any more buses, the decision *must* be sudden and total at that point - I mean, if it's too dangerous for any buses, gradual phasing out of buses is not an option at that point. So while it sucks for passengers, I don't think there was any other option for Dublin Bus. The blame rather lies with the council for not gritting enough & early enough. I read today that
    in the UK they called the army out to intervene and sort the roads out. This is something we could have usefully used our army for too. Surely all the guys in the baracks in Rathmines & elsewhere could have done something to help.

Why not update their website for hours though? I understand what you are saying and I understand completely why they did not operate but it was just unbelievable and I was never so glad to see my house than today. I had to stay in a hotel last night :eek::eek:

The website crashed - that was the problem!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

I paid on the Luas this morning but was wondering, are Dublin bus tickets still valid on Luas today? I know there were yesterday, but I haven't heard anything since then. I normally use my yearly bus pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭saeglopur

In fairness they did keep the radio stations up to date which would keep the majority of their customers somewhat informed. not that i am excusing their inability to embrace new media techniques such as a constantly updated website or a simple twitter account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,346 ✭✭✭markpb

I paid on the Luas this morning but was wondering, are Dublin bus tickets still valid on Luas today? I know there were yesterday, but I haven't heard anything since then. I normally use my yearly bus pass.

The displays on the Luas platforms this morning at 9am said they were accepting bus tickets but since DB services were (mostly) operating fully, I'm not sure if that was just a hangover from last night. Probably best to ring them and check.

Anyone know what the traffic situation is like now around the city centre/heading south to Rathmines/Terenure?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

markpb wrote: »
    The displays on the Luas platforms this morning at 9am said they were accepting bus tickets but since DB services were (mostly) operating fully, I'm not sure if that was just a hangover from last night. Probably best to ring them and check.

Got my answer from their custoner support.
    As of now we have had no request from Dublin Bus to validate their tickets on our services.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

saeglopur wrote: »
    In fairness they did keep the radio stations up to date which would keep the majority of their customers somewhat informed. not that i am excusing their inability to embrace new media techniques such as a constantly updated website or a simple twitter account.

No sure you'll reach the majority of working people at work via the radio tbh.
    I'd say more workers can access the internet than listen to the radio (or watch TV) at work.

dearg lady wrote: »
    Between this and the 'are you going to work today ' thread seems a lot of people are just using the weather as an excuse. I know some people in extreme circumstances(6-7 hours to get home last night) but the majority of people don't live such great distances and buses are back on today so i don't really see the big deal with coming in today. I knwo I'll get slated for this, but that's my opinion!

I live 2 hours away by bus, I couldn't even get home last night so it wasn't possible for me to go to work today. I wish I lived closer but I don't.

Update:

Dublin Bus are currently operating services on all corridors with restrictions in suburban residential and industrial estates. Difficulties are being experienced with the freezing conditions and in conjunction with the Local Authorities every effort is being made to maintain services through the afternoon and evening peak.

Due to the deteriorating conditions and in the interest of safety last departures outbound and inbound will leave at 20:00hrs on all services. Dublin Bus would encourage all customers to travel as early as possible.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Freezing fog setting in in Citywest atm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭spareman

I couldn't get home last night. I got into town at 3.30pm yesterday and was stranded. No taxi's, No Buses.. I realise the conditions were awful. I just feel that DB didn't do enough to inform the passengers of this change, it was done very sudden and I was checking their website from 12.45 to 2.45 and nothing had been updated so I presumed all was okay and then when I did get to town, I was left stranded :eek:

I think they went about it the wrong way and with the conditions like they are now, I worry about the buses running today & tomorrow :(
    Could I ask you a personal question? Why did you go to town yesterday? Could you have avoided making this trip yesterday? Anyone with half a brain knew yesterday that buses would be pulled sooner or later, If your bus dropped you in town at 3.30pm, he was the only driver still driving at that time.

spareman wrote: »
    Could I ask you a personal question? Why did you go to town yesterday? Could you have avoided making this trip yesterday? Anyone with half a brain knew yesterday that buses would be pulled sooner or later, If your bus dropped you in town at 3.30pm, he was the only driver still driving at that time.

My luas dropped me into town at 3.30. I had to go to town to get home (I work in South County Dublin & live in North County Dublin where there is no dart station anywhere near me)

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭sushisushi

From the last update to the Dublin Bus website:

Due to the deteriorating conditions and in the interest of safety last departures outbound and inbound will leave at 20:00hrs on all services. Dublin Bus would encourage all customers to travel as early as possible. Both DART and Luas will honour Dublin Bus Tickets after 20:00hrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭liger

I realise the conditions were awful. I just feel that DB didn't do enough to inform the passengers of this change, it was done very sudden :(

So sudden that some drivers like me were left sitting on their bus for up to 7 hours waiting for gritters to come round and make the roads passable. We didnt all just nip back to the garage if that makes you feel any better and also some buses didnt get back to their garages at all. Drivers had to go out this morning and bring them in.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Easy Rider

I'm up in Nortwood in Santry, stayed at home today (can work remotely) Looking out the window I can see around 150 - 200meters ahead...

In terms of people saying that workers are using it as an excuse. If you went into town early in the morning yesterday for work and were planning to go home on the bus in the evening lots of people were stranded as a result, only option would be to walk or get a hotel, hence I imagine people don't want to go through that again today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

http://www.dublinbus.ie/
    Weather Disrupts Bus Services
    Thursday, January 07, 2010

Disruptions to bus services due to extreme weather conditions, please see below for further details.

Thursday 7th January 2010
    Dublin Bus are operating a service on all corridors on Thursday 7th January. However there are a number of areas where conditions are still poor and curtailments are in place, these are listed below.

In view of the weather forecast for this evening Dublin Bus would advise that customers travel as early as possible. We are continuing to monitor the situation and will continue to update information throughout the afternoon and evening. Please check back here regularly for further updates or phone our customer service line from 07:00hrs to 19:00hrs on 01-8734222.

Dublin Bus apologises for any inconvenience caused.

Last Updated 14:45

Curtailments currently in place;

3 - terminating at Viscount Pub, Swords Road

7 - from City Centre to Cherrywood not serving Blackrock Village

10/a - not serving O'Devaney Gardens, going up the North Circular Road to park gates then turning left onto Infirmary Road to Conyngham Road and turning at Conyngham Road Garage. From City Centre after Parnell Square West turning right to Dorset Street, left onto North Circular Road, through Phibsboro and back onto normal route.

11/a/b - not serving Wadelai, terminating at DCU

13 - only using main roads, not serving Ikea, Sillogue, Poppintree and Coultry

13a - only using main roads, not serving Poppintree, Shangan and Ikea

14 - no service

14/a - from City Centre to Beaumont Avenue via Dundrum Village, Dundrum Road, left at Milltown Bridge to Dropping Well Pub in both directions and back to normal route.

15 - to Spawell Roundabout only

16 - not serving Beaumont/Santry terminating at Omni and going to Nutgrove Avenue instead of Grange Road

17a - not serving Clonshaugh

18 - From Sandymount to Cherry Orchard Hospital

19 - not serving Tolka Estate using Mobhi Road, not serving Benevin Road using Glasnevin Avenue. To the City Centre departing from Kelly's Corner.

19a - not serving Tolka Estate using Mobhi Road, not serving Benevin Road using Glasnevin Avenue. To the City Centre departing from Walkinstown Roundabout, not serving South Circular Road and Georges Street using Clanbrassil Street

20b - using Collins Avenue, onto bypass at Whitehall and turning at flyover onto Swords Road and back onto Collins Avenue.

25 - not serving Dodsboro or Lucan and terminating at Spa Hotel off Lucan bypass

25a - from City Centre to Penny Hill Pub on Outer Ring Road

27 - not serving Coolock/Darndale

27b - not serving Castletimon and Clonshaugh

29a - not serving St. Annes

31/b - to Howth Station only

32/b - not serving Abbey Park

37 - not serving Blackhorse Avenue

38 - not serving Mulhuddart, Ballycoolin using Castlecurragh Road, serving Castleknock Village but not serving Auburn Avenue in both directions. From City Centre, after Parnell Square West turning right to Dorset Street, left onto North Circular Road, through Phibsboro and back onto normal route.

40/a - from City Centre normal route to Harts Corner, then right at Smurfits onto Mobhi Road, Ballymun Road, left at Glasnevin Avenue to Finglas Village and back to normal route. To City Centre not serving Finglas West, St. Helena's Road and Cardiffsbridge Road using Mellowes Road and Finglas Road.

40d - from City Centre normal route to Harts Corner, then right at Smurfits onto Mobhi Road, Ballymun Road, left at Glasnevin Avenue to Finglas Village and back to normal route, not serving Blanchardstown Corporate Business Park or Ballycoolin Industrial Estate,terminating at shops on main road at Tyrellstown Estate, not entering the Estate. To City Centre not serving Finglas West using Mellowes Road and Finglas Road.

42 - not serving Seabury

42b - via Malahide Road to Blunden Drive not serving Gracefield Road, Harmonstown Road and Tonglegee Road.

44 - from City Centre to Dundrum only

44b - to Blue Church in Kilternan only

45 - to Bray Station only

46a - from City Centre to Dun Laoghaire not serving Stillorgan Village and Monkstown Farm

47 - from Donnybrook to Belarmine Roundabout only

48a - from City Centre to Dundrum only

49 - to Spawell Roundabout only, not serving Knocklyon, Ballycullen or The Square Tallaght

50 - from City Centre to Walkinsotwn Roundabout only

51b/c - from City Centre to Red Cow Naas Road only

53 - not serving East Wall staying on main roads

54a - to Balrothery via Wainsfort Road not using Fortfield Road

56/a - from City Centre to Walkinsotwn Roundabout

59 - no service

63 - from Mountjoy Square to Cornelscourt only

65 - to Spawell Roundabout only

65b - to Spawell Roundabout only

66/b - not serving Lucan

66a - not serving Lucan and Captains Hill, terminating at Louisa Bridge

67/a - not serving Lucan

68 - from City Centre to Red Cow Naas Road only

69 - from City Centre to Red Cow Naas Road only

70 - not serving Littlepace

74 - from Ringsend Garage to Terenure then onto bypass at Temploegue to Balrothery Roundaout where its terminating

74a - no service

75 - from Dun Laoghaire to Spawell Roundabout

76/a/b - no service

77/a - from City Centre to Walkinsotwn Roundabout

78a - from City Centre to Cherry Orchard Hospital only

79/a - not serving Decies Road and Spiddal Park and terminating at Cherry Orchard Hospital

83 - via Glasanaon Road, Griffith Avenue and Mobhi Road, not serving Ballygall

84 - from City Centre serving Bray, Greystones via Church Road, Charlesland and terminating at Eden Gate Roundabout

102 - not serving Seabury and Forest Road

111 - no service

114 - from Kilcross to Blackrock Station

120 - From City Centre after Parnell Square West turning right to Dorset Street, left onto North Circular Road, through Phibsboro and back onto normal route. Also using Fassaugh Avenue to 121 terminus

122 - using Quarry Road and terminating at Halfway House pub, Navan Road. To Drimnagh Road via Crumlin Road not using Mourne Road

123 - to and from Marino via Philipsburgh Avenue to Suir Road, Drimnagh

128- not serving Clongriffin, terminating at Donaghmede Roundabout

145 - to Kilmacanogue not serving Kilarney Lane and Kilbride Lane

140 - from City Centre normal route to Harts Corner, then right at Smurfits onto Mobhi Road, Ballymun Road, left at Glasnevin Avenue to Finglas Village and back to normal route also not serving Ikea, turning at Jamestown Roundabout. To City Centre not serving Finglas West using Mellowes Road and Finglas Road.

150 - to Walkinstown Roundabout

151 - to and from East Road via the Quays not serving local Housing Estates and going up New Nangor Road terminating at Dunawley Roundabout

161 - no service

184 - from Bray Station serving Greystones, Charlesland, N11 to Newtownmountkennedy, not serving Kildepper

185 - no service

220 - to ladyswell not serving Mulhuddart using Castlecurragh Road and not serving Ballycoolin Industrial Estate, Tolka Valley Road and St. Helenas Road.

238 - using Ballycoolin Road

270 - not serving Littlepace

746 - from City Centre to Dun Laoghaire not serving Stillorgan Village and Monkstown Farm

• Advertisement

Huh Victor? It has changed since then? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

http://www.dublinbus.ie/
    Weather Disrupts Bus Services
    Thursday, January 07, 2010

Disruptions to bus services due to extreme weather conditions, please see below for further details.

Dublin Bus are currently operating services on all corridors with restrictions in suburban residential and industrial estates. Difficulties are being experienced with the freezing conditions and in conjunction with the Local Authorities every effort is being made to maintain services through the afternoon and evening peak.

Due to the deteriorating conditions and in the interest of safety last departures outbound and inbound will leave at 20:00hrs on all services. Dublin Bus would encourage all customers to travel as early as possible. Both DART and Luas will honour Dublin Bus Tickets after 20:00hrs.

There are a number of areas where conditions are very poor and curtailments are in place on services currently operating, these are listed below. Please check back here regularly for further updates or phone our customer service line from 07:00hrs to 19:00hrs on 01-8734222.

Last Updated 15:50

10/a - not serving O'Devaney Gardens, going up the North Circular Road to park gates then turning left onto Infirmary Road to Conyngham Road and turning at Conyngham Road Garage. From City Centre after Parnell Square West turning right to Dorset Street, left onto North Circular Road, through Phibsboro and back onto normal route.

14 - no service

14/a - from City Centre to Beaumont Avenue via Dundrum Village, Dundrum Road, left at Milltown Bridge to Dropping Well Pub in both directions and back to normal route.

19 - not serving Tolka Estate using Mobhi Road, not serving Benevin Road using Glasnevin Avenue. To the City Centre departing from Kelly's Corner.

19a - not serving Tolka Estate using Mobhi Road, not serving Benevin Road using Glasnevin Avenue. To the City Centre departing from Walkinstown Roundabout, not serving South Circular Road and Georges Street using Clanbrassil Street

25 - not serving Dodsboro or Lucan and terminating at Spa Hotel off Lucan bypass

38 - not serving Mulhuddart, Ballycoolin using Castlecurragh Road, serving Castleknock Village but not serving Auburn Avenue in both directions. From City Centre, after Parnell Square West turning right to Dorset Street, left onto North Circular Road, through Phibsboro and back onto normal route.

40/a - from City Centre normal route to Harts Corner, then right at Smurfits onto Mobhi Road, Ballymun Road, left at Glasnevin Avenue to Finglas Village and back to normal route. To City Centre not serving Finglas West, St. Helena's Road and Cardiffsbridge Road using Mellowes Road and Finglas Road.

40d - from City Centre normal route to Harts Corner, then right at Smurfits onto Mobhi Road, Ballymun Road, left at Glasnevin Avenue to Finglas Village and back to normal route, not serving Blanchardstown Corporate Business Park or Ballycoolin Industrial Estate,terminating at shops on main road at Tyrellstown Estate, not entering the Estate. To City Centre not serving Finglas West using Mellowes Road and Finglas Road.

42 - not serving Seabury

42b - via Malahide Road to Blunden Drive not serving Gracefield Road, Harmonstown Road and Tonglegee Road.

46a - from City Centre to Dun Laoghaire not serving Stillorgan Village and Monkstown Farm

49 - to Spawell Roundabout only, not serving Knocklyon, Ballycullen or The Square Tallaght

59 - no service

66/b - not serving Lucan

67/a - not serving Lucan

74 - from Ringsend Garage to Terenure then onto bypass at Temploegue to Balrothery Roundaout where its terminating

74a - no service

76/a/b - no service

77/a - from City Centre to Walkinsotwn Roundabout

79/a - not serving Decies Road and Spiddal Park and terminating at Cherry Orchard Hospital

84 - from City Centre serving Bray, Greystones via Church Road, Charlesland and terminating at Eden Gate Roundabout

111 - no service

120 - From City Centre after Parnell Square West turning right to Dorset Street, left onto North Circular Road, through Phibsboro and back onto normal route. Also using Fassaugh Avenue to 121 terminus

122 - using Quarry Road and terminating at Halfway House pub, Navan Road. To Drimnagh Road via Crumlin Road not using Mourne Road

140 - from City Centre normal route to Harts Corner, then right at Smurfits onto Mobhi Road, Ballymun Road, left at Glasnevin Avenue to Finglas Village and back to normal route also not serving Ikea, turning at Jamestown Roundabout. To City Centre not serving Finglas West using Mellowes Road and Finglas Road.

151 - to and from East Road via the Quays not serving local Housing Estates and going up New Nangor Road terminating at Dunawley Roundabout

161 - no service

184 - from Bray Station serving Greystones, Charlesland, N11 to Newtownmountkennedy, not serving Kildepper

185 - no service

220 - to ladyswell not serving Mulhuddart using Castlecurragh Road and not serving Ballycoolin Industrial Estate, Tolka Valley Road and St. Helenas Road.

746 - from City Centre to Dun Laoghaire not serving Stillorgan Village and Monkstown Farm

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭spoonface

It changes throughout the day. The latest is that there will be no buses leaving after 8PM tonight.

Indeed it has:

There are a number of areas where conditions are very poor and curtailments are in place on services currently operating, these are listed below. Please check back here regularly for further updates or phone our customer service line from 07:00hrs to 19:00hrs on 01-8734222.
    Last Updated 15:50

14 - no service

42 - not serving Seabury

59 - no service

66/b - not serving Lucan

67/a - not serving Lucan

74a - no service

76/a/b - no service

77/a - from City Centre to Walkinstown Roundabout

111 - no service

161 - no service

185 - no service

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭liger

thats the 15:50 update

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

also the 74a is no longer running :(

spoonface wrote: »
    It changes throughout the day. The latest is that there will be no buses leaving after 8PM tonight.

Yes but by posting an earlier update may confuse people. To be honest, I don't see why it was posted :confused: surely post the most updated message??

My luas dropped me into town at 3.30. I had to go to town to get home (I work in South County Dublin & live in North County Dublin where there is no dart station anywhere near me)

Fair enough, you were quite unlucky, while you were siting on the luas the roads deteriated badly. When buses began running again between 4 and 7pm did no bus come for you then? How did you get home at all?

Point I was trying to make was people were ignoring the weather warnings and going into town for stupid reasons that were not essential, thus adding to the mayhem.

spareman wrote: »
    Fair enough, you were quite unlucky, while you were siting on the luas the roads deteriated badly. When buses began running again between 4 and 7pm did no bus come for you then? How did you get home at all?

Point I was trying to make was people were ignoring the weather warnings and going into town for stupid reasons that were not essential, thus adding to the mayhem.

No buses were running. I abandoned that plan, got the aircoach to the airport (which took hours upon hours) and during this time I booked a hotel and thankfully got the shuttle bus from the airport. Absolute mayhe,.

I know what you mean! my problem is I catch a bus into town at 6.30 and the DB website isn't updated until I get into town so I don't know what to do tomorrow :( I believed only the main DB routes were running between that time and I don't think any routes were going near me. I had no choice but to go with the hotel route, an expense I couldn't really afford :eek:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Freezing Fog has just started to get very very nasty in North Dublin 15, absolutely freezing out there, the coldest I've ever known it to be and visability is atrocious.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Whippersnapper

Buses grounded from 8pm tonight I've heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭one2one

www.bebo.com/wwwdublinbusie/

LAST BUSES AT 2000 THIS EVENING. PLEASE TRAVEL AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE

*** EXPECT DELAYS ON ALL SERVICES ***

18 - From RDS to Cherry Orchard Hospital

42 - not serving Seabury

44 - from City Centre to Kilternan only

50 - from Ringsend Garage to Walkinstown Roundabout only, not serving Greenhills Rd., Kilnamanagh, The Square, Killinarden or Citywest.

51b/c - from City Centre to Red Cow Naas Road only, not serving Clondalkin or Grange Castle.

54a - to Balrothery Roundabout via Wainsfort Road not using Fortfield Road. Not serving Tallaght Village, The Square, or Kiltipper.

56/a - from Dolphins Barn/Ringsend Garage to Walkinstown Roundabout

59 - no service

65 - to Spawell Roundabout only. No service to Blessington, Ballymore or Ballyknocken.

65b - to Spawell Roundabout only. Not serving Tallaght Village, The Square, Killinarden or Citywest.

66/b - not serving Lucan

67/a - not serving Lucan

74a - no service

75 - from Dun Laoghaire to Spawell Roundabout.

76/a/b - no service

77 - from Ringsend Garage to Walkinstown Roundabout, not serving Tallaght Village, The Square or Jobstown.

77a - from Ringsend Garage to Walkinstown Roundabout, not serving Tymon North, Seskin View, Tallaght Village or The Square Tallaght

111 - no service

150 - to Walkinstown Roundabout, operating via Drimnagh Road, Walkinstown Road to Walkinstown Roundabout. Not serving Crumlin Village or Rossmore.

161 - no service

185 - no service

PMSL, are DB using bebo :eek:

Now that is laughable!! :D:D:D

I've seen a facebook for Irishrail, and Bus Eireann. At least they have a back up if their main site is down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

Buses grounded from 8pm tonight I've heard.

Tis true. From http://www.dublinbus.ie/

• Advertisement

one2one wrote: »
    I've seen a facebook for Irishrail, and Bus Eireann. At least they have a back up if their main site is down.

I was told the Dublin Bus twitter is bogus and not official. Is that bebo yours as it doesn't seem to have many "friends"?

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Whippersnapper

What are the chances that the buses will be running in the morning? With freezing fog and temps of -10 it doesn't look likely.

Someone sent me that link yesterday. Doesn't look real tbh. I'll be sticking with dublinbus.ie for my answers anyways.

What are the chances that the buses will be running in the morning? With freezing fog and temps of -10 it doesn't look likely.

It annoys me that there are no updates for the first bus, I need to catch a bus around 6.30am and the updates won't happen till after 7 :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

The dublin bus website says that a full service with curtailments will operate tomorrow. List of curtailments is on the site - think they are similar to today

Phone the garage and ask them, they will be open before 7.

KC61 wrote: »
    What about the train from Clondalkin/Fonthill station on the Fonthill Road? It's a bit of a walk but you could try it.

Quite a few people from the Neilstown, Bawnogue, Clondalkin and Fonthill areas were using the station last night.

Train times at http://www.irishrail.ie/your_journey/printed_timetable_pdfs/2010/Dublin%20Portlaoise%2010.pdf

mite have to try that in the mrn if buses not back on track, but that only take me to heuston, then get luas to Abbey and then bus (or walk) out to Rathmines, hopefully busses back 2mro!!

one2one wrote: »
    Phone the garage and ask them, they will be open before 7.

That is if they can answer my question, no doubt I will be transferred to central control who never answer the phone! :(

i get 151 from Nangor Road, anyone know what garage id ring?

they were only leaving from Walkinstown this mrn, then bout 3pm the were coming as far as Dunlawly, really hoping it wont be the same in the mrn

• Advertisement

messrs wrote: »
    i get 151 from Nangor Road, anyone know what garage id ring?

they were only leaving from Walkinstown this mrn, then bout 3pm the were coming as far as Dunlawly, really hoping it wont be the same in the mrn
    Prob will be the same in the morning first thing anyway. Cuningham Road Depot Phone (01)7032172

Advertisement