Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No pics

• 01-01-2010 10:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi, I got the missus a laptop for Christmas as she always hogging mine and wanted her to have her own one and vice versa.

Thing is though its no displaying the pics on some websites, one in question was Sorority life on Facebook under the `glam` section, the boxes are there for the clothes or whatever it is with tht price underneath but no image in the box??

We tried it side by side with mine and mine worked fine, mine runs vista and hers xp, I took out her anti virus and put on the same as mine in case it was blocking something but still the same?

I downloaded flash player too but still the same.

Any advice would be appreciated as I just know the basics and if not sorted it will be left in a corner :(

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Make and model number etc for a start, do you have adblock installed?

Which browser are you using, try another and report back.

MC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Santrypad

Its a Dell Latitude D600 and I cant see any adblocker in the software or anything that would suggest that.

Im not sure what you mean by what broswer to be honest, we just click the ìnternet` icon and the homepahe pops up, I can check though if Im missing anything.

Everything else work fine and Im actually using it now, its just that one thing but its the difference to me claiming mine or not :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

as mentioned above you may have adblock on, when images won't display on some sites a bar appears near top of screen which gives you the option of allowing or disallowing images displaying for any particular web site. It usually says at end of bar, click here and then you get the option there.

Do you mean the `pop up blocker`, if so no its not that anyway as dont think it came up or if it did she allowed them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

Santrypad wrote: »
    Its a Dell Latitude D600 and I cant see any adblocker in the software or anything that would suggest that.

Im not sure what you mean by what broswer to be honest, we just click the ìnternet` icon and the homepahe pops up, I can check though if Im missing anything.

Everything else work fine and Im actually using it now, its just that one thing but its the difference to me claiming mine or not :mad:

By browser he means what Internet / Web Browser are you using.

The "internet" icon is Internet Explorer, probably version 8 which is OK.

There are alternative browsers to Internet Explorer, all free and all better (in many respects).

I personally use Firefox

Also worth considering are:
    Chrome
    Opera
    Safari

• Advertisement

Thanks Bob Harris.

As you probably guessed Im no Bill Gates :p

I tried that chrome though and it worked straight away, I might even change my own one then.

Thanks anyway Bob I have my laptop back now ha.

Thanks

Advertisement