Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin mountains

Options
  • 01-01-2010 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if there is a route to the Dublin mountains that would be drivable today. Would love to get up there for a walk. I am guessing not as nearly every other road in the city is shut

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Wouldnt be a very wise idea. You will most likely find yourself off the road in weather like this especially up the mountains. I speak from experience. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

There are enough people causing avoidable incidents and forcing the rescue services to come to their aid when they're doubtless stretched enough as it is.

Don't be one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

My cousins live right up in the mountains.
    They are completely snowed in!Don't waste your breath even attempting to get up there. Stay safe and if it's photos you want some great opportunities on lower ground as the snow is beautiful and dry not the usual slushy crap we get :D

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Depends on where you want to go, I asked the same question in the weather forum and apparently the road to Glendalough is gritted etc and fine to drive on in daylight hours... cautious driving of course.

I plan to over the weekend. Drove up there last Feb when there was heavy snow and it was amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

BendiBus wrote: »
    There are enough people causing avoidable incidents and forcing the rescue services to come to their aid when they're doubtless stretched enough as it is.

Don't be one of them.

This is very, very good advice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

i think you'd be mad to attempt it...im living right at the foot of the hills there and it's very dangerous on the flat let alone the hills. head over to bray! walk up the hill there to greystones!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

Ok just back from a walk (locally) and its mad slippy so no dublin mountain walk then. I think I might try Glendalough over the weekend though thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Cabra

Have you some kind of death wish or do you just want to waste other people's time trying to rescue you?

Advertisement