Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No display on monitor after powering on pc although connections are correct

• 01-01-2010 1:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I am hoping someone can help me. When I power up a brand new E-Celtic 500 manufactured (I know its not a well known brand of pc):D with the vgaconnection to the monitor and VGa cable I do not get any display on the monitor. It just displays a message on the screen that it cannot pick up the VGA connection/signal. Its not the monitor or the cable that is the problem because other pcs of the same make and model work with this monitor. I s there anything I can do that might enbale the display i.e BIOS changes etc or could the on board graphics card be knackered even though its brand new straight out of the box.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Connect to the onboard vga and see if you get a picture, if yes then boot to bios and swop the graphic prefs to the card from the onboard. Save, exit & then swop back to the card vga and boot.

MC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭billyhead

Hi Munster Cyling.

Its actually the onboard card that it is already connected to. I presume I will need to source an external VGA card for one of the spare PCI slots

Rgds
    Billyhead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Erper

Hi there...
    If u dont have any signal on ur monitor u cant get into bios.
    Check ur connection once again, and if still dont work than vga port on ur motheboard is dead.
    Also get that monitor to ur friend and check it does it workin...

Hi Erper,
    Its not the monitor becasue it works with other pcs of the same make and build. This is happening at work by the way. I presume then that the onboard card is screwed. Its just as well its under warranty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Is the machine booting? Can you hear any error beeps? If not then just RMA its ass.

MC

• Advertisement

There is power going into the pc and I don't hear any beeping noise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Erper

just return it where u bought it and look for new one, not this one to be repaired

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Farcear

billyhead wrote: »
    There is power going into the pc and I don't hear any beeping noise

Do you know what model your motherboard is? It may not have a built in speaker to give you error beeps.

Probably best to just RMA the PC it if you can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

billyhead wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

I am hoping someone can help me. When I power up a brand new E-Celtic 500 manufactured (I know its not a well known brand of pc):D with the vgaconnection to the monitor and VGa cable I do not get any display on the monitor. It just displays a message on the screen that it cannot pick up the VGA connection/signal. Its not the monitor or the cable that is the problem because other pcs of the same make and model work with this monitor. I s there anything I can do that might enbale the display i.e BIOS changes etc or could the on board graphics card be knackered even though its brand new straight out of the box.

does the pc have a DVI output or just vga and what about the monitor? Sometimes the monitor can get "stuck" on dvi output only, hard to explain!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

if theres a source button on the monitor press it, could be defaulting to DVI

Ignoring idiots who comment "far right" because they don't even know what it means

• Advertisement
Advertisement