Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions -- January 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Well, the sun hasn't broken through. Very foggy in Sligo town.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

pet day here sun shining all day no wind lovely

Rain has stopped for now. Very windy though. 6.3C.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Heavy rain,gale force south easterly`s,6 deg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Foul - wet and windy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Just passed a gritter on the way home - it's a balmy 4c and the roads are dry. Do they know something I don't ??? :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

lovely here clear skies and -2.6c hopefully we dont rise much above 0c i see fog has kept temps from dropping for some reason so only a few places got below 0c ugh but i still wish we had fog!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

-3.6c here now and clear fog just miles away ugh couldve been an ice day! anything iced up i wonder what high i can expect if temps keep dropping? hopefully 0c anyway! i dont want 3c! also why is the low on met weather so high -1c and we beat that last night is it that fog and assuming this anywhere that dosnt have fog will get well below 0c like -6c considering how clear it is then sunday should be ice day?

Sunny, calm,-1

Frosty and the fog is still lingering though there are patches of blue overhead - a wintery morning of the nicest variety:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

Wish we had days like this in June / july / august... haven't seen a cloud all day here in greystones...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Again, two different worlds. This morning, heading for Town to sell, had to tear the frozen tarp off the car as the sun appeared over the hill.

In Town all day, thick fog and smoggy.. cold and clammy.

On the way down, Town was invisible for a sea of fog.

When I came back, it was to sun and clear skies. Very chilly now though

Not just above the snowline but above the fog line.

Cloudy,0deg,calm

-0.5, calm, damp & foggy.

Same as, looks like it'll lift to sunny conditions.

+2 deg,raining

• Registered Users Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

2.3c. the fog has given way to leave it cloudy

4.2c - drizzley, damp & dreary. All in all a fairly forgetable day in terms of weather

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Drummer Mummer

The temp never got above 0c all day. Penetrating cold, bright but misty all day and calm, foggy tonight.

Cold, frosty morning. -3.1C

• Advertisement

Calm,0 deg,sun just coming up over the mountains

4.9C, calm & sunny with some high cloud

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Bitter cold.

I was through the Barnesmore Gap well before 8 am this morning and the gritters were out in force.

Every time I turned the car heater on, the temp gauge went back to cold.

By Balleybofey, thick fog that lifted but slowly on higher ground eg Glenties; where, like here, there is still snow on the tops.

Clear and very cold as darkness falls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Pleasant, easterly day with a thunder haze that would near guarantee the prospect of a decent evening lightning storm, had it been summer! 0.5c currently with a thickening smoggy fog once again.

Cold and cloudy. 1.1C.

dry,bright,calm 5 deg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Not a cloud in the sky (apart from some high wisps, with continuous hazy sunshine. Looks, but does not feel, like a summer's day. 6.8c.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Ok guys good to be back posting again. Lost my old mickger id as i did'nt have access to my old email :mad: Well starting afresh with a new id. Was a lovely dry day today temp got up to a max of 6.5c. Temp now is 2.9c and a clear night with no frost yet. Hopefully the cold spell will return soon.

Dull and misty. 9.2C.

• Advertisement

Overcast, dry.

Advertisement