Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions -- January 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

IFSC largely clear as you would expect, but more snow overnight in D11 meant very tricky getting out onto main roads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bright and crisp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Leathal ice still sitting on roads and pavements this morning. Now it's snowing fast on top of it. (Sligo town)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭Angry Troll

no snow in dublin right now it seems, but many streets and most walkways still covered in ice and dirty old snow…really don’t understand why nobody (city council?) does anything about it…

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Bicycle

We're getting an "icing sugar" type dusting of snow here in Limerick as I type. Very light, very gentle, very pretty. 3C.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭silverski

SouthWest of Western Australia here, its 11.20 pm and its 25 C outside at the moment.
    Wind SSE 22 km/h
    Rel. Humidity 54%
    Pressure 1006.2 hPa

We had a high of 31C Very Calm no breeze.

Regards

Silverski

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Bright sunshine,light northerly wind,0 deg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Overnight low of -3.8c reached at 5.05am but has risen to -2.7c. Cool, clear and frosty with a light but penetrating breeze. 6mph NNW. Dp -6c

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Bright and sunny,wind north east 4-5,0 deg

Another bright crisp day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

Heavy snow in the Dublin 1 area

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Snowing in Co Waterford (near Dunmore) in the last half hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭TJM

Heavy snow in Kilkenny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Right now -12C (with wind chill -18) with plenty of sun. Winter storm warning for tonight and into tomorrow.
    ACCUMULATIONS... SNOWFALL OF 4 TO 6 INCHES WILL BE COMMON ACROSS MUCH OF THE AREA.

* WIND... NORTHWEST WINDS WILL INCREASE TO 15 TO 25 MPH BY THURSDAY AFTERNOON... WITH GUSTS ABOVE 35 MPH.

... WINTER STORM HEADED TOWARD CENTRAL AND SOUTHEAST ILLINOIS...

.A DEVELOPING STORM SYSTEM WILL PUSH INTO THE MID MISSISSIPPI VALLEY LATER TODAY. SNOW WILL BEGIN IN WESTERN ILLINOIS LATE THIS AFTERNOON AND SPREAD EAST THROUGH THE STATE DURING THE EVENING HOURS. THE SNOW WILL CONTINUE THROUGH THURSDAY MORNING... WITH 4 TO 6 INCHES OF SNOW LIKELY. AS THE SNOW ENDS THURSDAY AFTERNOON... STRONG NORTHWEST WINDS WILL CAUSE CONSIDERABLE BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW. AFTER THAT... THE NEXT POLAR AIR MASS WILL OVERSPREAD THE MIDWEST AND BRING DANGEROUS WIND CHILLS BACK INTO THE REGION.

Now thats winter!
    Meanwhile here its been snowing lightly (the first time this winter) and its settled.

-2.4c and frosty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

My temp sensor is reading -5.3C. Not sure how accurate it is as it dropped quite quickly since after six. Clears skies here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Same here, temp is dropping very quick, it was -2c here round 6pm and now reading -4c.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Drummer Mummer

-3c freezing hard over snowfall we had earlier today, clear skies

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Melanoma

minus 4 roscommon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,092 ✭✭✭pauldry

Yes all of your thermometers are working. I checked nra website. Its frrrrreeeeeeezzzzzzing Ireland. What an event! Minus 11.7c in Balltingglass, Minus 10.8c in monaghan. It makes the minus 2c in my Sligo back yard seem mild.

Temp rose to -6.0c over the last hour but back down to -6.9c again. Dp -8c.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Melanoma

We are a bit off the lowest ever, -18.8 in 1979 was a low of recent times. Remember getting out of a van and making it about ten feet before retreating back in. It took a half an hour for the cold to go out of my bones. I was like seven at the time though!!

Regarding extremes, the highest air temperature recorded in Ireland was + 33.3°C at Kilkenny Castle 26th June 1887. The record maximum during the 20th century is +32.5°C at Boora, Co. Offaly on 29th June 1976. The lowest air temperature was -19.1°C measured at Markree Castle, Co. Sligo on 16th January 1881 while the lowest observed 20th century air temperature was -18.8°C recorded at Lullymore, Co. Kildare on 2nd January 1979. The lowest observed grass minimum temperature was -19.6°C at Dublin (Glasnevin) on 12th January 1982 which was almost matched by the -19.5°C measured at Lullymore, Co. Kildare on 2nd January 1979.
    source: http://www.met.ie/climate/temperature.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Gone up a degree here in 30 minutes, was -4.8c now -3.8c.

Temps rose here overnight to -4c but have fallen again, currently -6.4c, this is despite a light fog and cloud cover. A thick frost needless to say. Mean wind speed at 0mph, which is very rare in these parts. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Currently -6.6c after an overnight low of -8.6c which is a new record for here since I began recording in 2008.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

fog beginning to clear now.
    the temperature got down to -6.3c... before the fupping fog rolled in. fup it anyway. fup this snowless country. fup it all.

will it work this time:confused:;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

fog beginning to clear now.
    the temperature got down to -6.3c... before the fupping fog rolled in. fup it anyway. fup this snowless country. fup it all.

will it work this time:confused:;)

:D Hopefully it will work.

-5.1C when I left the house about 30 mins ago. Cloudy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

-6.5 here in Trim as I type. Luvely n crisp!! Oh and sunny too.

• Advertisement

Bright and sunny (read cold and crisp) snow on the ground.

Advertisement