Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions -- January 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭rameire

Got a -11.5c last night here in Athy

its currently -2c

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

getting fogging again now. the temperature is still below freezing.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Bright sunny,0 deg,calm, not even one snowflake here on the south west coast

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭gollyitsolly

freezing fog in Dublin 15 at the moment. Getting thicker.

cloudy. the temperature has gone up to 1.9c.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Blue skies and a cold -0.7c here.

The cloud has cleared. The temperature has dropped back to 0.8c. So it looks like another non event...

-2.9c here

22c indoors with fire burning and dog relaxing by the fire.
    -3c outside and i suspect it shall drop alot over the next 3 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

Freezing fog in Dublin 1, poor visability, 100m approx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Fog here as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

-0.7c after a high of 2.8c , much milder than recent nights with a 6mph ESE windspeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Foggy. -1.2C

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Melanoma

-5 in dublin airport at present but they say windchill of -10
    http://weather.noaa.gov/weather/current/EIDW.html

Athy currently is -5c.
    Foggy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

-5.1c here.

A guy just drove by with his horn blaring. The fog is so thick a cars lights disappear within 30 meters and there is ice on the road. Arragh enough is enough!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,517 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Melanoma, could you kindly insert your location into your profile so we all know on the weather forum where your weather report is being made? Thanks. Same goes for anyone else (although I don't see many other locations missing).

• Registered Users Posts: 38 rushbrook

Donabate -5.3c ( 11:05 pm)

:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Drummer Mummer

-4c fog has lifted and the skies are clear. The roads like an ice rink, hardly any traffic moving

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

A relatively modest -3.3c here at the moment, no fog, just the usual frost and ice.

Hi Folks I'm in Roscommon,

Checked the NRA web site http://www.nra.ie/RoadWeatherInfo/Map/data/htm/WeatherTable.htm

Balltinglass -14.1 at the moment. A mere -6 here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

- 12c here and clear nearest station is reporting -8c which is 20 miles away lol belfast is reporting -11c......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 AlphaMike

It was -10 in Saggart last night at 10.30pm.:cool::D
    I've never known it to be so cold although I'm only living in the area about 5 yrs. It was absolutely freezing this morning when I left!

Drove along the canal into the city centre and it was completely frozen over. There were shopping trolleys and traffic cones on the surface of the canal.

A surreal sight was at Portobello bridge where there was about 50 swans with their heads completely submerged in the canal!! They were literally stuck in the frozen canal!! Wish I had a camera to take a pic!!

Watched the weather report last night and it looks like Ireland particularly Leinster is due a fairly major snowfall on Sunday!! God knows what drama that'll bring.....I left work (Dublin 1) at 2.45pm on Wednesday and arrived home at 6.50pm..absolute nightmare but others were longer getting home so can't complain too much I suppose:)

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Bicycle

-4c in the car here in Limerick City, -3 on the Lidl thermometre hanging outside the West facing window of the house.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,474 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

AlphaMike wrote: »
    It was -10 in Saggart last night at 10.30pm.:cool::D
    I've never known it to be so cold although I'm only living in the area about 5 yrs. It was absolutely freezing this morning when I left!

Drove along the canal into the city centre and it was completely frozen over. There were shopping trolleys and traffic cones on the surface of the canal.

A surreal sight was at Portobello bridge where there was about 50 swans with their heads completely submerged in the canal!! They were literally stuck in the frozen canal!! Wish I had a camera to take a pic!!

Watched the weather report last night and it looks like Ireland particularly Leinster is due a fairly major snowfall on Sunday!! God knows what drama that'll bring.....I left work (Dublin 1) at 2.45pm on Wednesday and arrived home at 6.50pm..absolute nightmare but others were longer getting home so can't complain too much I suppose:)

The swans were dead?? That is absolutely shocking, I can't believe nobody was tasked with their welfare.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Has just started snowing heavy in Wexford town/drinagh area. Again.

edit: Stopped very soon after. Weird. Sun shining now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

Just had a light snow shower here in Dun Laoghaire. Stuck to the ground. Right along the coast too, which didn't really happen before.

Advertisement