Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions -- January 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

-1.5 c

the trough has reached as far as here but all that's left is cloud cover. I Have been cherishing the white vista this morning because after tomorrow i doubt we'll see such wintry scenes for the rest of this winter. Of course it will be frosty and cold again at times, but i doubt it will be as intense

**the above is the dismiss the return of cold completely approach in the hope the very cold air reloads again soon**:D

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭MetLuver

slight thaw here sun just came out but thaw began before that.I wasnt aware of any warmer air around. Im sure its just while wind direction is changing from SE to NE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Snowing heavily in Sligo at the moment - biggest flakes I've seen here - some over 2 inches across!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bright and even warm sun when you are in it, but otherwise cold!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Currently -18C (like -25C), sunny with possibility of some snow flurries later on. Meant to get above freezing towards the end of next week (maybe 2C :p).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Radio Dude

Why do forecasts differ between sources. I presume that the data is the same for all so why do the forecasts interpretations differ so much.

The weather forecast is different between Met / BBC / Weather Channel and Sky for Ireland and historically not very accurate. Is the forecasting an exact science (be it not accurate) or is just their intepretation of the data.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

0.5 - 1cm of snow lying here in places, cloud starting to roll in from the east coast now.

-1.3c
    DP -3.5c

Overcast. I hope the cloud breaks up so i can get one more hard frost before the snow tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭rameire

Athy Current temp is -6c
    Cloud cover is very high.
    Temp has not gone into + figures today.
    and about 3 to 4 cm of snow and more in other places still lying on the ground.
    looking forward to tomorrow and making a proper snowman out of all the snow to come.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Drummer Mummer

We had a substantial thaw here today , winds freshened from the NE and temps rose to +3c. Currently 0c and strong wind coming in, seems to be easterly but all day the wind direction was variable from ENE, to N, to E. Slushy snow has now frozen over.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 austin_powers

In dublin 0.0 degrees here ,fresh snow everywhere:):rolleyes::)

the temperature has dropped to -4.7c under clear skies:)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

loads and loads of snow in finglas, i appear to have lost the car

it is cloudying over here and accordingly the temperature has dropped to -3c

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Melanoma

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭kazoo106

They are having a hard job keeping the M1 open between the Ardee interchange and Just before Dundalk South exit - Fresh pic attached, taken 20m ago

kazoo106 wrote: »
    They are having a hard job keeping the M1 open between the Ardee interchange and Just before Dundalk South exit - Fresh pic attached, taken 20m ago

Some picture. They need the snow ploughs I think no amount of salt will work.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,092 ✭✭✭pauldry

Cold and Frosty after light snow flurries all day -3.8c

http://www.dublincity.ie/dublintraffic/Site0Camera84.jpg
    M50 Looks like it needs to be closed!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Cloudy, breezy, frosty Slavic type weather but very very dry. -2.1c and feeling particularly raw in the slowly increasing NNE breeze.

overcast- with the darker cloudy rolling in now.
    the current temperature is -1.2 c, but it feels colder than that in the raw easterly breeze that has picked up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Still very wintery, -2.4c & chilly NE breeze.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Snowing steadily, and its nice fluffy snow at that.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

-1 deg,fresh northerly wind,overcast,no snow yet

tis taking an age to get here. meanwhile the temperature has risen to a balmy 0.2 c in a warm north easterly breeze

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

I think the fresh snow that fell last night is melting as I noticed it has disappeared from green areas and parked cars nevermind the paths!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Just started snowing,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Snowing lightly in Cork City.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭networks

heavy snow here in n kerry in last 2 hrs

Advertisement