Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Dublin Bus Services Today

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

thanks for the headsup! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

Silly question - does that mean bus lanes are open?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

What a shower!

Bit of snow and they won't go to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭no scope

it has been updated since then.... there started running at 12 o clock today

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭3_BOoYA_X

I know, pathetic excuse for a day off work if you ask me. Defo back running as there's no update on there website?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Oh how I LOL'ed

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

no scope wrote: »
    it has been updated since then.... there started running at 12 o clock today

It doesn't say on the website. You're trying to screw us!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It doesn't say on the website. You're trying to screw us!

It's updated at 13:30 with a small set of routes running where roads have been gritted from 1400 onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭cichlid child

Is it not a bank holiday anyway so bus lanes would be open

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

On a related matter, does anyone happen to know if Bus Eireann services from Dublin are running? Particularly the no.2 to Rosslare.

Thanks in advance :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,421 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Note Bank holiday service at best.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/News-Centre/Travel-News/Bad-Weather/
    Weather Disrupts Bus Services
    Friday, January 01, 2010

Dublin Bus wishes to advise customers that due to extreme weather conditions a limited bus service is operating only on the below routes from 14:00hrs.

Bus services can only operate on the main corridors where roads have already been gritted. Dublin Bus are closely monitoring the situation, please check back here throughout the day for further updates.

Dublin Bus apologises for any inconvenience caused.

Last Updated 14:00hrs.

Bus routes operating a limited service are;
    13 - from City Centre to Ballymun
    15 - from City Centre to Spawell/N81 Roundabout
    25 - from City Centre to Newcastle Road/N4 Junction
    27 - from City Centre to Darndale roundabout
    33 - from City Centre to Skerries
    39 - from City Centre to Ashtown
    40 - from City Centre to N2/St Margarets Road
    41 - from City Centre to Swords Manor(not River Valley)
    46a - from City Centre to UCD Belfield
    51b - from City Centre to Red Cow
    65b - from City Centre to Belgard Road/N81 Junction
    77 - from City Centre to Walkinstown Roundabout
    151 - from City Centre to Drimnagh Road

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Lola92 wrote: »
    On a related matter, does anyone happen to know if Bus Eireann services from Dublin are running? Particularly the no.2 to Rosslare.

Thanks in advance :)
    According to the Bus Eireann Twitter about an hour ago:
    Most services from Dublin have resumed except Sligo and Ballina.

That sounds promising, but I'd say give the press office a ring before you make definite plans - there's obviously someone in there cos they're updating both the Twitter feed and the main Bus Eireann website.

I'm debating getting a bus into town at the moment. I live near enough to one of the (few!) routes that are apparently up and running, but I don't want to be waiting 40 minutes for a bus that may never show up. Figure town is empty though, so it'd be a great time to pick up some things in the shops! Decisions...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

@Stargal, might be a bit chancey going into town if the buses stop early this evening, but on the plus side you'll have the shops nearly to yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

What a shower!

Bit of snow and they won't go to work.

In fairness everyone would be flaming DB if they sent buses out and there were multiple accidents. I'm sure a lot of drivers living in the suburbs couldn't even make it in to their depots let alone try and take a double decker out in them conditions.

Better to be safe than sorry imo.

vektarman wrote: »
    @Stargal, might be a bit chancey going into town if the buses stop early this evening, but on the plus side you'll have the shops nearly to yourself.
    Dublin Bus have pulled the bus I was planning to get so that's put a stop to my plans. Boo-urns!

There's now only two buses running on the northside - the 41 and the 33. Considering walking to Cineworld later on (figure it would take about an hour from Glasnevin) but not sure how slippy the footpaths will be.

Sounds mad. Is the cinema open?

Victor wrote: »
    Sounds mad. Is the cinema open?
    Yup, apparently. Guessing there won't be too many punters there today.

Yikes, just checked the Dublin Bus website and it looks like they've yanked all services:
    Dublin Bus wishes to advise customers that due to extreme weather conditions there are no bus services operating on Friday 1st January 2010.

Dublin Bus are closely monitoring the situation, please check back here throughout the day for further updates.

Last Updated 16:20hrs.
    I don't blame Dublin Bus at all - if it's dangerous for cars then it's dangerous for buses - but is anyone else feeling a bit hemmed in by the transport problems? No buses, can't drive (er, by which I mean be driven) anywhere, footpaths are slippy...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

Stargal wrote: »
    Yup, apparently. Guessing there won't be too many punters there today.

Yikes, just checked the Dublin Bus website and it looks like they've yanked all services:

I don't blame Dublin Bus at all - if it's dangerous for cars then it's dangerous for buses - but is anyone else feeling a bit hemmed in by the transport problems? No buses, can't drive (er, by which I mean be driven) anywhere, footpaths are slippy...

Oh yeah! just as well I did the groceries yesterday. I would have liked to gone for a drive somewhere today and do some photography, but I am just back from a walk with a neighbour.

I saw the 16a dropping people off in Rathfarnham this afternoon, if that's of any use :)

Stargal wrote: »
    Looks like the iceskates are coming out to try get out tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Cabin fever setting in here . . . just tried to take a bite out of my dog

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Cabin fever setting in here . . . just tried to take a bite out of my dog

I've a Pitbull and a Staff, I ain't biting these boyo's!.

But yeah, I'm getting restless. I've had the dogs out playing in it for much of the day and they're knackered now.

A few can's of Carlsberg out the back for later too!.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/News-Centre/Travel-News/Bad-Weather/
    Weather Disrupts Bus Services
    Friday, January 01, 2010

Disruptions to bus services due to extreme weather conditions, please see below for further details.

Friday 1st January 2010
    Dublin Bus wishes to advise customers that due to deteriorating weather conditions the limited service has been withdrawn and there are no bus services operating on Friday 1st January 2010.

Saturday 2nd January 2010
    Dublin Bus will closely monitor weather conditions, please check back here regularly for further updates.

Last Updated 17:00hrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

I'm using my noggin here, but I reckon if you can;t see the bus lane for the snow and ice, it's fair game :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

lord lucan wrote: »
    In fairness everyone would be flaming DB if they sent buses out and there were multiple accidents. I'm sure a lot of drivers living in the suburbs couldn't even make it in to their depots let alone try and take a double decker out in them conditions.

Better to be safe than sorry imo.

Indeed.

But in a well run country, there would be a competant transport service that would be able to cope. Competantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Indeed.

But in a well run country, there would be a competant transport service that would be able to cope. Competantly.

You said it yourself,IN A WELL RUN COUNTRY. Sadly we don't,so this sort of carry on will be a feature for years to come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭one2one

Funny some of the comments about Dublin Bus.. like ''a bit of snow and they won't go to work''

Most drivers who were rostered today, attended work, but were SENT home by supervisors. I was sent home early this morning, and headed back into work about 1600 and sent home again! Got paid though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭irishmonkey

Anyone know if busses are running this morning?!

Im supposed to be in work for 9am!

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭myles79

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/News-Centre/Travel-News/Bad-Weather/ Looks like they are with some curtailments. Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭one2one

Alot of curtailments. My advice is phone the garage that your route operates, and askk the details of that route. Much more reliable than www.dublinbus.ie

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Contact-Us1/Garage-contact-details/

• Advertisement

one2one wrote: »
    Alot of curtailments. My advice is phone the garage that your route operates, and askk the details of that route. Much more reliable than www.dublinbus.ie

True. I got two buses today just to get to clarehall as 43's are "not in service" according to website all day, but when i got to clarehall what do i see but a 43 heading towards Swords. :mad:

Advertisement