Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

( Rare) Thanks to 3

Options
  • 01-01-2010 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭

3 Ireland enabled their NBS mast in our rural community (Coon, Co. Kilkenny) over Christmas. I went away Christmas eve and came back on St. Stephen's day to find we had a signal. I already had a dongle from college but honestly had resigned myself to being stuck on expensive dial-up.

It's not broadband - the connection drops from time to time and it's by no means the fibre connection I crave and want to see brought to my area. But it is better than dialup.

And since we didn't even have mobile coverage till 3 got their mast running, I'm doubly thankful that our house has finally been dragged out of the dark ages tech wise.

So thank you. For giving me phone and 3G internet.

I still want broadband though. :D

P.S. Although eircom promised broadband in the local exchange by the end of 2009, no sign yet. What a surprise!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Yes, it's just a Mobile Phone mast/network. But useful.

Advertisement