Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weather At Dublin Airport

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

Dublin Airport Flights Suspended Until Further Notice

Due to a snow fall operations at Dublin Airport have been suspended until further notice. Our snow crews are working to clear the runway and taxiways.

Passengers are advised to contact their airline and their airline website BEFORE travelling to Dublin Airport.

All flights suspended at Dublin Airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭masseyno9

Looks like airport is beginning to operate again.

http://www.dublinairport.com/flight-information/live-departures1.asp

A lot of cancellations but that seems due to other airports (english, scottish...), rather than dublin.

EDIT: just checked again, it seems not just english and scottish airports have cancelled flights, so not sure whats the story there!

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Winger_PL

The mainland has also been hit pretty bad, especially around Poland, Germany, Czech Republic, Austria and Switzerland. Hence the other cancellations.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Marvinthefish

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Im out of the country and I should be flying back into Dublin Airport tonight at 2230. Whats the chances I´ll get in at all. Im reading conflicting reports on the web about the weather improving or disimproving by tonight. Is there more snow coming or will the airport be able to operate.

Minister Dempsey? Is that you?
    I dont know why I waste my time with you lot

Reading your signature, it most certainly is you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

We are due to fly Dublin ~ Memmingem on Tuesday @ 9.20 am
    We are getting really worried now that the flight won't go.
    Where is best get information as to what to do, we are travelling up from Mayo.
    Please help. :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,502 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Does anyone know if its snowing at Dublin Airport currently?

EDIT: Just listening to the DA Control Tower now, seems some pilots are having difficulties taxing.

EDIT 2: Breaking reported as "Medium".

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭vigos

think this may help

http://www.met.ie/latest/reports.asp

the status at midnight was snow shower dont know how often this is updated though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

I've a flight due to take off at 06:50 this morning, what are my chances anyone think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭alpha2zulu

There were no further diversions this evening until 1am at least if liveatc is anything to go by. Ops were slowed down with taxiway lights and markings becoming invisible with snow and some stands needing brushing prior to aircraft arrivals. In the touchdown zone snow contamination was 3mm and from the TDZ to runway end was 10mm.
    Runway apparently shut from 1am-6am for clearing. A couple of arrivals scheduled for 0200 may have to divert,
    I've a flight due to take off at 06:50 this morning, what are my chances anyone think?

At the very least expect delays due to de-icing and just keep fingers crossed DAA keep on top of the runway and taxiway de-icing during the night. Keep checking flight info on aerlingus/ryanair.com as close to leaving to the Airport as you can.

Advertisement