Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soundgarden have reunited

Options
  • 01-01-2010 3:16pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭

Soundgarden: The 12 Year Break is Over and School is Back in Session

Thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

jenizzle wrote: »

Fcuk yes is my thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

More Kim Thayil. **** yes!
    No more Chris Cornell solo work. **** yes!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I hope they tour,one of the remaining bands on my list to see live. They were supposed to play Slane in '92 with GN'R but pulled out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 SwirlsAllAround

That's great news! Good start to 2010. Looking forward to a tour and some new stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

matt cameron is hardly going to be on board? He's been with PJ for about 10 years now I reckon...?
    I think his drumming style is as much part of SG as Kim Thayill's guitar is.

Still, if Cameron is involved or not, I am delighted. It's the one band I would love to have seen live, and I still don't know why they never released a proper live dvd after down on the upside. All I have to rely on is bootlegs on youtube, and bits and pieces of concerts.

One of my all time favourite bands!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

What a great New Years surprise.

Would love to see them live again but I would hope that they would be better than the last time I saw them. CC has been fantastic live the last 3 gigs so hopefully that would mean well.

At least all that Timbaland crap is out of the system.

Great News!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭redmosquito

Man, what a way to wake up to a new decade! Love it!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Great news,Hope they come over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

WAAAHOOOOO

TOUR AND A NEW ALBUM PLEASE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭QOTSA90

So fukin happy right now :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Best news iv heard in a while! Have to go see a show no matter where they play. Probably only be the one tour cause of Matt Cameron in Pearl Jam and the guy is irreplacable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Omg I'm so so excited, YES!!!! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭fluke

no way! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

I must be the only one who feels that when a band breaks up and stays broken up for a long time, they should leave it be...

Sure a tour would be nice but having memories of a great band would be nicer. They're not the same people and aren't likely to create the same music as they did. I don't want them to ruin the legacy...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

I must be the only one who feels that when a band breaks up and stays broken up for a long time, they should leave it be...

Agree with that.

It sounds like Chris Cornell knew he wasn't getting anywhere on his own.

I've never been a big Soundgarden fan, so I'm pretty 'meh' overall.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Can only think that will be more bland tripe from Cornell.
    Best news iv heard in a while! Have to go see a show no matter where they play. Probably only be the one tour cause of Matt Cameron in Pearl Jam and the guy is irreplacable

They could get Timbaland

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭ninwilky

I dont think chris cornell is as good solo as he was in temple of the dog, audioslave or soundgarden so this is great news in my opinion....

but its a bit vague. there's nothing really saying the band has definitely reunited properly. could be a one off gig or minus nearly all the members

it could even be a money grabbing stunt for cornell, reform the band with him being the only original member..... a bit like axel rose

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭blindpilot

A tour I would definitely be excited about. I don't know about new material though. Bands that get back together rarely continue on from where they left off.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

newblue08 wrote: »
    A tour I would definitely be excited about. I don't know about new material though. Bands that get back together rarely continue on from where they left off.

Some do though. Take Jane's Addiction. They came back with Strays in 2003, and for me it is their strongest album. Plus there is a rumour that they may have a new album out this year.

Anyone who has seen Cornell live over the last few years will tell you that the man still has it in spades in a live setting, and with the quality that the other Soundgarden members bring to the table (well what members that can be available anyway), I fail to see how it cannot be great in a live setting, and that those guys cannot have a damn good go at making at least one more good album.

• Advertisement

Lads, they come to Ireland and play 'blow up the outside world'.. I can die a happy man, I say bring on SoundGarden in whatever form they take!

Fukin class!

Its great to see they respect the fact that there are still huge amounts of fans out there and people still discovering them. Id LOVE to get my hands on the b-sides Chris was talking about :D:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

Totally agree with most people here! this is going to be epic! a tour is the minimum like,a new album could be likely - look at stp and aic like :) not sure what this means for pj and matt,but i'm guessin a hiatus after this summers european tour. chris has been busy and apparantly is better than ever live,as is matt. i'm really expectin great things :D what are the odds of an appearance at electric picnic this year? (oxegen isn't possible because of pj tour)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I saw Chris at Graspop in '07, and didn't enjoy it too much. I guess my expectations are just too high though, and I really wanna hear Birth Ritual live :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Chris was good last year at download, I was pretty surprised with how good the new stuff stuff sounded too. Birth Ritual was only played once ever live would be unreal if they played it next year

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Overall, I'm indifferent to this.. Was never too big into Soundgarden, but I suppose we will have to see if this is gonna be a serious attempt, or getting back together just for the sake of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I was a fan back in the day , saw them play in '95 - they were utter rubbish live :(

So unless they have new material they should have stayed gone imo, and so should every other band that does the reunion thing. Seems to be a huge trend at the moment to go off on a reunion tour, I can see why they would simply tour and now do new albums as these days there is likely more money in a tour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭zenmonk

Kim Thayil was the driving force of this band and certainly kept the standard high. Read an interview with him where he said in the later albums he was marginalised and overuled by the other members in the direction they went.
    Surprised to see him back with Cornell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭fluke

zenmonk wrote: »
    Kim Thayil was the driving force of this band and certainly kept the standard high. Read an interview with him where he said in the later albums he was marginalised and overuled by the other members in the direction they went.
    Surprised to see him back with Cornell.

I loved the later albums, though i haven't heard the real early ones yet...

Advertisement