Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soundgarden have reunited

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

no love for soundgarden around here eh....?

I heard they were ropey live, but f**k it, I'd still go and see them.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

zenmonk wrote: »
    Surprised to see him back with Cornell.

$$$$$ perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭zenmonk

He was involved in Badmotorfinger and Superunknown and alot less in Upside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭MetalDawg

Great news!

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Fantastic news............................as long as it doesnt mess up the Pearl Jam end of things.
    As much as i liked Soundgarden back in the day,Matt would be mad to jump the PJ ship full time.
    Maybe Jack Irons on the sticks for SG!!

• Advertisement

Fantastic news............................as long as it doesnt mess up the Pearl Jam end of things.
    As much as i liked Soundgarden back in the day,Matt would be mad to jump the PJ ship full time.
    Maybe Jack Irons on the sticks for SG!!

Or else have Matt feck off back to SG and let Jack back into PJ :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

jenizzle wrote: »
    Or else have Matt feck off back to SG and let Jack back into PJ :cool:

I don't mind either tbh! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭zenmonk

In fairness if I was in a band who produced such drivel as PJ's last I would welcome a change.

was watching "touring band" the other day. M Cameron is some feckin drummer in fairness to him....

This could get messy.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

seachto7 wrote: »
    was watching "touring band" the other day. M Cameron is some feckin drummer in fairness to him....

This could get messy.....

camerons up there with jimmy chamberlain imo....amazing drummer....when i saw him doing jesus christ pose on tv yonks ago it was TOO good...:D

Cornell said it has to be all original members so cameron is one of them...im not sure what the pearl jam story will be....

its the original line up...there is nothing of that calibre in that genre coming out at the moment so i think its a good thing........once they play a good bit of badmotorfinger ....one of the best albums of all time....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

I don't like this. It has Cornell coming from a few dodgy solo albums and back in to a band that was amazing in it's prime.

I wouldn't be surprised if they get Timbaland in as some guest producer on the new stuff.

........once they play a good bit of badmotorfinger ....one of the best albums of all time....

out of all the music I have, and I'd like to think I have a varied collection, Superunknown is my favourite album. From start to finish, I love it. I loved it when I got it on cassette, and I still love it now...

Down on the Upside is pretty good too, but I just love everything about Superunkown, great melodic vocals, great riffs, alternate tunings, great hooks..

limo wreck, mailman, 4th of July, like suicide (one of the best Soundgarden songs). If I were to pick an example of a song I'd love to write or aspire to, Like Suicide would be it. To me, it's got it all: alternate tunings, low vocal, high vocal, savage solo....

I didn't go near Cornell's latest album, I didn't like what I heard, but I'm not going to slate him for it as I'm sure lots of people do like it. I'll happily listen to all the stuff I do like about him (Euphoria Morning, and SG.).

It would be great if M Cameron did play with them, but at the same time he seems a great fit for Pearl Jam, as a drummer and as a writer....

Even if it's just a few gigs, sign me up! If it gets Cornell to record something similar to Euphoria Morning in the future, happy days.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Only ever listened to down on the upside and superunknown. Both albums are depressing as **** and not anything id want to listen to nowadays. The reunion is hardly suprising give how incredibly **** cornells solo output was

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

*yawn*

he will never get his soul back, yer ****ed chris

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Euphoria Morning was amazing. Alain Johannes and Natasha Schneider had a big helping hand in that record.

Chris gave up drink/drugs after EM/Audioslave debut.

Slippery slope since.

0ubliette wrote: »
    Only ever listened to down on the upside and superunknown. Both albums are depressing as **** and not anything id want to listen to nowadays. The reunion is hardly suprising give how incredibly **** cornells solo output was

Firstly Down on the Upside depressing? Sure theres a couple of dark songs but I personally find it an uplifting record. There are far more depressing albums out there.

Secondly, if you've ever bothered to listen to Euphoria Morning, you'll see that it is far from ****.

0ubliette wrote: »

Feed the troll!!:)

Depressing? Lyrically maybe, but not any more than Radiohead. Who do you like? That would be a good yardstick to determine whether you would get Soundgarden at all....

Cornell's first solo album is very good , and far from depressing.....

All down to personal opinion of course, but, for example, if you think The Libertines are great, then you will never get Soundgarden, as there's too much brain power involved....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

I get why people are cynical about these sort of reunions but its not necessarily going to be a total flop. Jane's Addiction reformed last year and for a bunch of Soundgarden era guys now in their mid 40s they did a hell of a job live. So if they can do it there's no reason why Soundgarden can't. I just hope Cornell can handle some of the old songs. I just listened to Outshined again there, good god his voice on that song :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

I hope its '91-top-of their-game soundgarden and not '95-we're-****e-live-and-hate-the-sight-of-each-other soundgarden that we see this year, otherwise i'll hold out for a temple of the dog reunion. better band, better album.

birth ritual was only performed once as cornell cant sing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I hope its '91-top-of their-game soundgarden and not '95-we're-****e-live-and-hate-the-sight-of-each-other soundgarden that we see this year, otherwise i'll hold out for a temple of the dog reunion. better band, better album.

birth ritual was only performed once as cornell cant sing it.

You mean this reunion?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Giblet wrote: »
    You mean this reunion?

not exactly, we all dont live in LA.

Looks like they're gonna be confirmed as headliners for the Saturday night of Download...

jenizzle wrote: »
    Looks like they're gonna be confirmed as headliners for the Saturday night of Download...

Linky?

Well they're confirmed for Lolla... Any rumours of an Irish/European dates??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Chris must have finally realised he's released utter ****e since Soundgarden broke up, took him long enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Bloody hell Cornell sounds almost too good to be true. Unbelievable!

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭redmosquito85

Giblet wrote: »

Savage, great to see his voice back to its best!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Who else could sing that like Chris. Thats just absolutely sick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Savage, great to see his voice back to its best!

His voice back? He sounded amazing when he was touring Scream.

Advertisement