Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soundgarden have reunited

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Jesus that was better than what I was expecting !

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

I went to Dublin to see him when he was in Olympia!

I'm so glad these guys got back on new years! <3

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭redmosquito85

Kess73 wrote: »
    His voice back? He sounded amazing when he was touring Scream.

Ya, but around mid 00's his voice was shot, listen to some of the audioslave shows around then, or butchering hunger strike with the mini totd reunion at a pearl jam gig in October 03, he's really back to form the last couple of years!

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

Ya, but around mid 00's his voice was shot, listen to some of the audioslave shows around then, or butchering hunger strike with the mini totd reunion at a pearl jam gig in October 03, he's really back to form the last couple of years!

Yep his voice has definately improved bucket loads. I agree. I remeber him in marlay park... His voice was terrible compared to what it is now.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I was at a fair few Audioslave gigs, and was pretty impressed with Cornell. In the twenty year span in which I have seen him live in his various guises, including one of my personal favourite live moment of any band/singer where he had Jeff Buckley on stage with him, I have rarely been disappointed with him vocally.

No doubt he has had a few iffy shows in his career, but he has had a hell of a lot more good shows than bad.

During his last tour he was being slated for poor vocal performances too, but I have a feeling that was started mostly by music journos who did not like the Scream album so were negative regardless of his performances.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Cornell sounded brilliant on the scream tour i dont get why people say he didnt. Since he left audioslave and started touring solo his voice just got better

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Apologies for bringing up an old thread but any news on the Tour?
    Ive had a gander online but cant find much info

Apologies for bringing up an old thread but any news on the Tour?
    Ive had a gander online but cant find much info
    Their playing a small fan club show during the week. Probably announce a tour after lollapalooza

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Wiirdo

Words can't describe how hyped up I am about this. Sundgarden are my favourite band ever so this is god-like news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

New best of 'Telephantasm' out end of September with a couple of unreleased tracks

• Advertisement

That show last night in chicago was beyond epic. Hope theirs some videos of it out soon. It was probably the greatest setlist they ever played

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

That show last night in chicago was beyond epic. Hope theirs some videos of it out soon. It was probably the greatest setlist they ever played

Oooops:eek:..They sounded like a VERY Dodgy covers band during Black Hole Sun:eek:...Really stuggling to hit the notes and the timing,.well ahemm...

But hey..first night back and all that..things can only get better..By the time they get to Europe hopefully Cornell will have taken a few tips from a certain Mr.Vedder and they will put on the shows of their lives..Well Fingers Crossed anyways..:pac:

Usually Cornell plays black hole song on his own though.

Nothing wrong with this

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Usually Cornell plays black hole song on his own though.

Nothing wrong with this

Yep that sounded Great alright:pac:.. and checked out the setlist too and it does indeed ROCKKKKKKK \m/ :p
    Soundgarden Concert at Vic Theatre, Chicago, IL, USA Setlist on August 5, 2010

Aug 5 2010
    37083405.jpg Artist Soundgarden Artist statistics Add setlist
    Venue Vic Theatre, Chicago, IL, USA
    Tour 2010 Reunion Tour Tour statistics Add setlist
    Attendees bakerfall Marcos2007
    Last edited August 6, 2010 5:07:14 AM UTC by Lizards
    button1-share.gif

Share on Facebook Tweet this Digg this Add to Delicious Add to favorites
    Setlist
    ... looking forward to checking out more of this Gig over the Weekend:)..the Tour announcement must be SOOO Close Now:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Good grief that is one hell of a set list alright. I'm glad to hear about the new 'retrospective' on the way but only featuring one unreleased song is a bit crappy. There's easily a whole albums worth of unreleased and b-sides out there. But still I'll be picking it up, the deluxe 3 disc CD/DVD combo sounds nice.

Info here.

Soundgarden are returning to the live stage in a big way at this weekend's Lollapalooza, but they've also got a new career retrospective on the way: Telephantasm will feature hits, rarities, videos, and "Black Rain," a previously unreleased song.

The collection arrives September 28, but in an unconventional format: The single-disc, 12-song version of Telephantasm -- packed with 11 of the band's biggest hits including "Black Hole Sun," "Spoonman," and "Outshined," plus "Black Rain" -- will be bundled with 1 million copies of the new videogame, Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock, which goes onsale that day. After a week, on October 5, the single-disc version will be available at conventional retailers, by itself.

Fans who purchase the video game/album bundle will have instant access to downloadable Soundgarden content for Guitar Hero.

As for "Black Rain," it's an outtake from the sessions for 1991's Badmotorfinger, and singer Chris Cornell recently recorded some new vocals that were mixed into the original song. "What's amazing," producer-engineer Adam Kasper tells SPIN, "is Chris recorded new vocal bits, and his voice still hits all those notes. You can't tell which vocals are from 20 years ago and which are from today."

For the non-gamers, two deluxe versions of Telephantasm will hit stores on September 28: A three-disc, CD/DVD combo that includes two albums of hits, b-sides, and rarities, plus a DVD with every Soundgarden music video, including some rare edits and foreign versions; and a "super deluxe edition" that bundles the CD/DVD combo with three discs of heavy vinyl and special collector's packaging.

Soundgarden popped up for a secret show in Seattle in April (Read SPIN's review), their first live appearance in 13 years. They'll headline Lollapalooza this Sunday night -- although they'll play at the same time as Arcade Fire, forcing festivalgoers to make a very tough decision.

What do you think about the new Soundgarden collection, and the Guitar Hero bundling? Sound off below. Here's the full tracklisting:

Telephantasm (Single CD):
    1. Hunted Down
    2. Hands All Over
    3. Outshined
    4. Rusty Cage
    5. Birth Ritual
    6. Black Hole Sun
    7. Spoonman
    8. My Wave
    9. Fell On Black Days
    10. Burden In My Hand
    11. Blow Up The Outside World
    12. Black Rain (Previously Unreleased)

Telephantasm (2CD/Limited Edition DVD)
    (* - previously unreleased on CD)

CD - Disc One
    1. All Your Lies
    2. Hunted Down
    3. Fopp
    4. Beyond The Wheel
    5. Flower (BBC Session) *
    6. Hands All Over
    7. Big Dumb Sex
    8. Get On The Snake (Live)
    9. Room A Thousand Years Wide (Single Version) *
    10. Rusty Cage
    11. Outshined
    12. Slaves & Bulldozers

CD - Disc Two
    1. Jesus Christ Pose (Live)
    2. Birth Ritual
    3. My Wave
    4. Superunknown
    5. Spoonman
    6. Black Hole Sun
    7. Fell On Black Days (Video Version)
    8. Burden In My Hand
    9. Dusty
    10. Pretty Noose (Live on SNL) *
    11. Blow Up The Outside World (MTV Live ‘N’ Loud) *
    12. Black Rain *

DVD – THE MUSIC VIDEOS
    (All Videos Previously Unreleased Except ^)

1. Flower
    2. Hands All Over ^
    3. Loud Love ^
    4. Jesus Christ Pose- (Original Version)
    5. Outshined
    6. Rusty Cage
    7. My Wave ^
    8. Spoonman
    9. The Day I Tried To Live (Uncensored) ^
    10. Black Hole Sun ^
    11. Fell On Black Days ^
    12. Pretty Noose (Uncensored)
    13. Burden In My Hand
    14. Blow Up The Outside World (Uncensored)

BONUS VIDEOS:
    1. Spoonman (Mash-up Version)
    2. The Day I Tried To Live (European Version)
    3. Superunknown ^
    4. Pretty Noose (International Version)
    5. Pretty Noose (Alternate Ending)
    6. Blow Up The Outside World (Censored)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I want a live dvd, if I don't get to see them live, a live dvd is a must for me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Yeah a live DVD would be nice. I was expecting one to appear judging by the professional quality of the Beyond the Wheel video from the Seattle gig. you never know, it might still happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

who knows, maybe some of the lollapalooza stuff might get released...

The Vic show in Chicago is supposed to be released. Probably why the setlist was so unreal. Would be unreal if they toured properly but its probably a west coast america tour before matt gets back to pearl jam

Not sure just how much of a rush Matt will be in to get back to Pearl Jam after Eddie stated they were taking an extended break after the end of their European tour. Maybe Matt will be given a year to 18 months to tour and record with Soundgarden before heading back to PJ.
    Would really love to see Soundgarden come to Europe as they are the only one of the bands from "Back in the day" that Ive yet to see

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Would really love to see Soundgarden come to Europe as they are the only one of the bands from "Back in the day" that Ive yet to see

Me too, the two times I'd tickets to see them, at Slane '92 and Sunstroke '94 (I think it was?) they pulled out.

At least we got Therapy? instead at Sunstroke, at Slane it was My Little Funhouse who replaced them and they were awful.

Fingers crossed it will happen,hope they can all get along while they're back together long enough to complete a tour!!

Black Rain sounds as good as anything they have ever done. Wouldnt mind some more unreleased stuff. Anyone here heard it yet? Was played last night for the first time on radio

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Paleface

Black Rain sounds as good as anything they have ever done. Wouldnt mind some more unreleased stuff. Anyone here heard it yet? Was played last night for the first time on radio

I love it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Black rain sounds brill. Youtube have taken them down.

Can listen to it here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Recorded during the Badmotorfinger sessions and appearing on the forthcoming “Telephantasm” retrospective (out September 28th) here’s the world premiere of the brand new track “Black Rain”.

So it's just a release of an old b-side? TBH i reckon that if they did release anything brand new it would be pants by comparison o their old stuff, you have to remember that they're just not young anymore, so I don't think they'd have the rawness of their old stuff.

I would love to see them though, but let's be honest, if they do come over here, like all old bands which have re-formed or are still going, they'll essentially be a cover band of themselves, people will only want the hits and any deviation from that will be met with hostility and / or disappointment.
    Not sure just how much of a rush Matt will be in to get back to Pearl Jam after Eddie stated they were taking an extended break after the end of their European tour. Maybe Matt will be given a year to 18 months to tour and record with Soundgarden before heading back to PJ.

Ed said the same thing in the O2 show in London last year, plus his publicist has come out and said he was talking shyte, he just seems to say it at the end of the Euro leg of the tour. It will be interesting though to see what happens with that situation though. Would love to see a Soundgarden / Pearl Jam / Temple of the Dog triple-header tour, with basically everyone dipping in and out for 4 hours of something, all depends on Matt's stamina though.

What a triple header of a tour that would be!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,006 ✭✭✭✭bnt

If anyone's interested in some techie details of the sound system Soundgarden was using, there are some here: http://www.ratsound.com/cblog/archives/377-Back-Again.html .

The part that had me grinning was the details of the McCauley infra-subs in the PA for Lollapalooza, which the PA guy brought in just for fun: eight cabs, each weighing 500lbs with 4 x 21" subwoofers driven by a 14,000 watt amp. That's 112,000 watts of power, just for some extra bass. Woof! :pac:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

The boys are on the front cover of Spin magazine this month... Apparantly the infamous tweet from Chris about the Knights of the Soundtable returning was only relating to the new website, they hadn't actually agreed to reform by then! :eek: Could you imagine the outrage if it turned out to be only a new website?! :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement