Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

construction help.

Options
  • 01-01-2010 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

hi there looking for some help. i;m living in enniscorthy and in the middle of renovating a house that was left to me. i lost my job in november and things are thight. i was wondering would anyone know where i could get materials like timbers, blocks and so on cheaply.going to a hardware isint a option for me at this time. or if any one has any extra materials lying around that they want shifted i would be greatful. thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,466 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Try looking or asking on Freecycle http://freecycle.org/ you could look at the Waterford one too. Just be aware that it will send you to Wexford in the US, and you can get contacts from people in the US, so be sure you specify Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,466 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Hmmm. Just had a look at the Waterford site, which I'm a member of, and its very slow, and is under new 'management', with only a few offers and wanteds, there are usually several new entries a day so I don't know what the story is.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

You could try approaching local builders/ developers for surplus materials that might be in their way in a yard somewhere. They might also consider selling on materials for cash before liquidators etc. move in, just a thought. Any one that has recently built a house will almost always have surplus in the way, not too many in that category.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Optimus485

South east providers (near Blackwater) is where I would go for timber

Advertisement