Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Accident Furbo Last Night

Options
  • 01-01-2010 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭

Apparently a car hit sheet ice & overturned last night by Padraicins. I had phoned the Guards at 5pm & they assured me that an emergency council crew would be out to grit the road. I stressed that it was a very dangerous situation as the rest of the road was clear so people were not slowing down.

The insane thing is that water constantly flows across the road there & it must of been obvious all day that it would be lethal once frozen. I suspect that the driver had little warning as the rest of the road was ok. Luckily oncoming drivers were flashing their lights otherwise I could of ended up in the ditch as well.

It appears that there was no need for this accident to of happened.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭hacktavist

Sure what do you expect?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭lovelyhome

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

That sheet of ice ( just west of Padraicíns) on the hill in furbo is about 3 car lengths long.

It will be there tomorrow because there is no grit.

Advertisement