Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Outlet store

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

I just checked there again now a few mins ago and it is still down.

Very poor communication/indication when site will be up and running. I would guess the dell irish outlet store is in limbo someone in the corporation is too lazy to communicate this to the public.

I think we should just take the hint and move on.

Anyone else recommend a good irish related website to get bargain PCs?

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭d8player

I just checked there again now a few mins ago and it is still down.

Very poor communication/indication when site will be up and running. I would guess the dell irish outlet store is in limbo someone in the corporation is too lazy to communicate this to the public.

I think we should just take the hint and move on.

Anyone else recommend a good irish related website to get bargain PCs?

I gave up on the Outlet site and ordered directly thru the normal website which turned out to be very troublesome. They mixed up the order a few times, canceled it, reinstated it and then it disappeared into the ether until I complained and then it arrived. All that said the PC is excellent and is working very well so far but the ordering is less than efficient. I wonder if the saving of off-shoring to India is worth the cost of hassle to customers and the long term cost to their reputation and lost business.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

Dell Outlet site is back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I looked at it a day or two ago and there was nothing amazing on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Does anyone know how long it takes from been at a status shipped to actual delivery. They shipped mine from the outlet on the 27th April so is it the normal 3-5 days or weeks:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I don't see it now but there was something either in an email or on the site about deliveries taking 10~20 days at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Garret C

Is this website still down, I've been unable to browser any of the current stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 iquitalready

Garret C wrote: »
    Is this website still down, I've been unable to browser any of the current stock.

Site's selling again for over a week but what little is there, is not worth even considering.

I've bought a lot of systems from Dell outlet over the years and have always been happy with them. With a little luck and a lot of patience you could eventually get a decent bargain but not anymore. When the site isn't down for months on end, there is never more than a handful of poor bargains. Some of the systems are not only cheaper to buy new but the new ones would be better specified as well! It's all so half-assed these days, you've got to wonder why they bother at all.

Does anyone know of any other sites from other manufacturers that sell refurbished systems?

I stopped looking at it about a year ago. I used to buy a lot of machines from it, but no more. I also think for the last year or so their build quality has gone way down. At least on the Insprion and Studio machine. Mainstream models from other brands like Samsung, HP seem vastly better built, when you compare them side by side in in the shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

seriously is that site ever up?

• Advertisement

site is rarely up, there is rarely anything worth buying on it when it is up and if you do buy something you are most likely looking at at least (if not longer) 2 weeks delivery. if you want a good deal on laptops look at www.saveonlaptops.co.uk . I have used them £10 delivery in 2 days from the uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭Junior

Digging back up an old thread, but it seems as if the outlet store is gone completely ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Have to agree. Seems so. Couldnt find it anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭Junior

Looks like dell is completely pulling out of the country ! Does the UK Outlet ship to Ireland does anyone know ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 250 ✭✭innthe

yea do they ship to ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭DiarmaidGNR

Maybe, but the purchase has to be done with a uk credit/debit card. I didn't chance anything yet. Might get a relative up north on board.

Advertisement