Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Greyhound Comedian

Options
  • 01-01-2010 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭

First we had Tommy Tiernan referring to "scummy greyhounds" now we have Dara O'Briain owning one. The recent episode of Three Men in a Boat had them taking Dara's dog to Mulligar for a race. The three comics discussed how Greyhound racing was dying out in the UK but no mention of the fact that one reason is because the Brits find the consequences, such as 10,000 dead greyhounds on a farm, to be unacceptable.

Dara may be in for a surprise as he is forging a big TV presence in the UK. The BBC have already received complaints & there are rumours of picketing at his UK gigs.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Yeah, seems to be a comedian thing, Hector isn't much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Yes I meant to type Hector as it was he that made the "scummy" comment & not Tommy Tiernan - don't know why I typed TT as I sometimes see him with his two dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

It has been reported that Snip nua the Greyhound featured in this program & owned by Dara O'Briain was killed following a nasty fall at Harolds Cross & that the dog was dead before the program went out & they made no mention of it.

http://greyhound-data.com/d?l=1625542&view=full

EDIT: In the interests of accuracy whilst the video has been viewed there is still no official confirmation that the dog died & there has also be no denial.

Advertisement