Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Driving Conditions Dublin, And Surrounding Counties.

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

DO NOT GO DOWN INFIRMARY ROAD, DUBLIN 7.. IT HAS NOT BEEN GRITTED AND IS A STEEP HILL A NUMBER OF CARS HAVE SLID AND HIT TREES/OTHER CARS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

They should be embrassed that they are so inept they couldn't grit the city.

I ended up avoiding the main roads because of the traffic. The minor roads were like glass but if you took it slow and stayed in a high gear it was perfectly doable. I got up Arbour hill with a bit of a run up. Very slippy around there too.

Interesting the only people spinning and going nowhere were all on the main roads. The people ducking down the minor roads seemed to know they were doing and I didn't see anyone slipping there, even though the roads were much worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

After driving in, its still like a skating rink everywhere. I think they put sand on all the major routes which helped the grip to get around. They are driveable, still seen vehicles spinning all over the place, be careful and you be grand.

Good luck when you stop at red lights, its a pain starting off again!! (hence some people didn't stop!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

Just wondering what conditions are like getting to Dame street from the M4? And then from Dame street to Morehampton road?
    Need to make that trip tomorrow. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

#15 wrote: »
    Just wondering what conditions are like getting to Dame street from the M4? And then from Dame street to Morehampton road?
    Need to make that trip tomorrow. Thanks.

Based on current forecasts it will be free from showers of hail/snow but frost and fog will be the major issues with no sign of even a temporary thaw. In short, it's more of the same on the roads:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

Hamndegger wrote: »
    Based on current forecasts it will be free from showers of hail/snow but frost and fog will be the major issues with no sign of even a temporary thaw. In short, it's more of the same on the roads:(

Thanks for the response mate. I haven't been in Dublin since before Christmas. I presume the roads are not impassable?
    Also, anyone know if there are many taxis working, in case I need a plan B!

#15 wrote: »
    Thanks for the response mate. I haven't been in Dublin since before Christmas. I presume the roads are not impassable?
    Also, anyone know if there are many taxis working, in case I need a plan B!

Roads in Dublin are 99%+ passable. The awkward bit is how passable they are at any one time. Main roads will be generally grand but slow; back roads will be anything from ok to dangerous. What time of the day will also have a bearing on your timings.

There should be taxis around but again it will be hard to predict how many given the conditions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Posted this earlier on Weather / Traffic.. No response yet.. No mention of Rathdrum or Glenealy in aaroadwatch update. Need to travel through there to get to Dublin tomorrow from Aughrim. Anyone any info? Cheers.

Posted this earlier on Weather / Traffic.. No response yet.. No mention of Rathdrum or Glenealy in aaroadwatch update. Need to travel through there to get to Dublin tomorrow from Aughrim. Anyone any info? Cheers.

There was a woman speaking on Pat Kenny's radio show yesterday (Thursday) talking about people who are housebound in Aughrim and Shillelagh due to snow; guess it isn't at all good down there on that basis. There is a mention to avoid high ground in Wicklow and Wexford if it help.

Advertisement