Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alcohol Free January

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

soft brew in M&S, it's a fruity beery drink!

I must give this a try, it's getting a bit boring drinking water all the time. I got a fizzy white grape drink called Eva in Fresh the other night and it was yick!

I'll probably only last until the 29th also, I'm meeting a friend for beers. Probably wont drink after that until 5th Febuary, I have a wedding. I'm quite getting into this non drinking thing, I think about either beer/wine everyday but I know I can manage without it now which is such a relief. Doesn't mean I'm not counting the days down until the 29th.... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Well I've done ok so far - had one glass of west coast cooler since the first of the month. Discovered a lovely non alcholic drink at the weekend called soft brew in M&S, it's a fruity beery drink!

I'd say I'll break it now on the 29th with the Ladies Lounge beers but will see!

I'm going to check out that drink in M&S. Thank you!

Even though I broke out, I'm feeling pretty great. I've also changed my diet and drinking lots of that Robert Roberts detox tea that I posted earlier. My weight went up over Christmas and I've lost 10 lbs since starting this. That's more than enough motivation to keep it up. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

Still going fine......going to a gig on friday with a non drinking friend so should be grand..i'm enjoying the clear mind

It's all gone very quiet......anyone still dry???
    I'm still good...tough last night....:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Furious-Dave

del88 wrote: »

4 weeks on Tuesday :cool: Congrats to everyone who has made it this far!

• Advertisement

del88 wrote: »

Hi del88 still going strong here! There hasn't been a day though where I haven't thought about alcohol, the main thing for me is that I haven't caved. It'll be 4 weeks on Thursday for me, going out to celebrate on Friday but hoping to stay mainly alcohol free for a while, anyone else have similar plans?

I hope everyone's getting on well!

Lollymcd wrote: »
    Hi del88 still going strong here! There hasn't been a day though where I haven't thought about alcohol, the main thing for me is that I haven't caved. It'll be 4 weeks on Thursday for me, going out to celebrate on Friday but hoping to stay mainly alcohol free for a while, anyone else have similar plans?

I hope everyone's getting on well!

Good stuff...i'm really enjoying it...don't think i realised the effect it has on me ...even during the week...
    Well done keep it up;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

Hi all,
    I have been keeping an eye on this threadfor the month. I also did the no alcohol January. Nearly there now. Wasn't that difficult, but it probably helps that I play matchs every Sunday so I can't go out Saturday nights anyway, and I wouldn't be a big drinker, maybe once a week.

Only thought about it a few times, when I was bored actually but easily overcame those thoughts - but I stayed in because I can't stand people wrecking me head to have a drink. I just get pissed off with that and go home anyway - So my social life was non-existent. But I can deal with that. Will probably carry on into February, I don't plan to stay sober for ever, but for another while anyway.

Anyone else feeling like that?

Also Well done to everyone, nearly there!

I've done ok, with the exception of 1 glass of west coast cooler about 3 weeks ago! I'm breaking it tonight though. I'm sure tomorrow's hangover will make me give up for another month :o

I'm sure tomorrow's hangover will make me give up for another month :o

Same here! Anyone any tips?!?!?!

• Advertisement

Lollymcd wrote: »
    Same here! Anyone any tips?!?!?!

Stay home :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭SuperCereal

oh so very very close!

still good

Yeh last night was great fun but this morning I slept til 11 and my head hurt - I'm not having a drink tonight. Have my bottle of mi wadi and club soda at the ready!

Advertisement