Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet sharing problem with O2

• 01-01-2010 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭

I have a HTC Touch HD running Windows 6.5 on O2. I'm bill pay and have a data add on. Its the 250mb add on that I pay €10 per month for.

Sometime I use the phone as a modem (bluetooth) with my Laptop but haven't for a while until today. However, today I can't access any internet pages. I am connected to the internet but pages just wont display. Maybe 1 out of 20 attempts actually worked. I have 2 - 3 bar HSDPA signal so its not a signal problem and connecting to web pages works fine on the phone itself.

When I run the Windows 7 diagnostics it tellls me there is a DNS problem.

Has anyone seen this before? I tried on Windows 7 and XP, using two different Windows Mobile phones running WM 6.5 and 6.1 with exactly the same result.

The only conclusion I can come to is that O2 are trying to block using this data plan for Internet Sharing and want customers to upgrade to the higher package. O2.ie seems to be down so can't see if there is anything on the site about this.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,245 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Dazzy wrote: »
    I have a HTC Touch HD running Windows 6.5 on O2. I'm bill pay and have a data add on. Its the 250mb add on that I pay €10 per month for.

That's expensive, as for the internet not working I think o2 is down today. Some iphone users reporting the same problem you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

Its working again so it must have been related to the O2.ie problem. Strange though that it worked fine from my handset at the same time.

I checked the price of my data plan and its actually €7.50 for 250mb.

Advertisement