Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road conditions-Report here please

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Supposed to be going from Bettystown to Leixlip tonight via kilmoon cross, N2 to roatoath and onto N3...any feedback on road conditions folks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 keano12

anyone know how killarney road in bray is doing now? and also at hills garage roundabout? trying to plan ahead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Sparkleby

N81 Blessington to Tallaght - slush & ice, no sign of overnight gritting. Passable with caution - alot of black ice around the embankment and 4 abandonned cars to watch out for.

Laskeshore drive - Lacken to Ballyknockan not gritted, passable only in 4x4 preferably with chains/snow tyres. Have just had to tow a Micra (!) off the road. Valleymount - gritted 3 days ago, still slush/ice and passable with extreme caution

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,502 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

17:00 Motorists on the M1 northbound are reporting extremely heavy traffic, with visibility reduced to less than four metres.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0107/weathertransportupdates.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

17:00 Motorists on the M1 northbound are reporting extremely heavy traffic, with visibility reduced to less than four metres.
    Just after looking at the traffic cams, looks really bad alright:

http://www.dublincity.ie/dublintraffic/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭smodgley

freezing very hard in Co Wexford atm roads slippy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 silent1

Anyone know what Naas town is like. Will be travelling from Saggart along the naas road and just need to go to a shop in the south main street.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭.243

Why wasnt the army deployed two weeks ago using sand from the beaches to grit the roads. It's embarrassing.
    on the sand issue there is law in place from the enviroment minister preventing the removal of sand from beaches even by local councils

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

anyone know what the roads from dublin to newry are like? ment to be going up first thing in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

Folks we're in good hands, Minister for transport back from holidays soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭terenc

-6.1 in Adee at the moment and going down fast. I work in Dublin and didn't make it up this morning. The roads had not been gritted and looks like more of the same for tomorrow.
    Took me 5 hours to get home yesterday. Made a snowman with the children :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

-5.2 here in Goatstown. Freezing fog

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Rural roads outside of Ardee, Co Louth are terrible and really at this stage are virtually impassable. I live 6 miles northwest of Ardee and it took almost an hour to make a normally 10 minute trip. There are a lot of steep hills and even the 4x4's are struggling to get up the hill, particularly one at Glack/Mountrush. I believe it is similar in Collon and Smarmore.

Snowyroad.jpg

This road is one of the ones in better condition :rolleyes:

(apologies for the size of the picture!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

Just wondering what conditions are like getting to Dame street from the M4? And then from Dame street to Morehampton road?
    Need to make that trip tomorrow. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

No mention of Rathdrum or Glenealy in aaroadwatch update. Need to travel through there to get to Dublin tomorrow from Aughrim. Anyone any info? Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Aa roadwatch isnt that good.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Whippersnapper

Anyone know what the N11 is like today in Co. Wicklow?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Drove from Dundrum, onto the M50, off at the Red Cow, down the Nangor Road and into Parkwest.

Was fine all the way. Very little traffic at 8.30.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Anyone know what the N11 is like today in Co. Wicklow?

Not good now around Greystones. V heavy snow and roads like rinks. The ice is now hidden under a white blanket. Took some very long slides before stopping. Coming home will be a mare if you do go to work i would say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Anyone been driving around Dundrum shopping centre to Dublin 18, or vice versa? I was thinking about heading there in an hour or so but I'm not sure what the conditions are like.

I assume it's best not to take any roads that are hilly!

• Advertisement

Anyone been driving around Dundrum shopping centre to Dublin 18, or vice versa? I was thinking about heading there in an hour or so but I'm not sure what the conditions are like.

I assume it's best not to take any roads that are hilly!
    Just back from Taney road and some cars can't get up due to havy snowfall in last half hour. Stay put imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 keano12

anyone know how the roads are gettin out of bray? goin to be a struggle gettin out of the estate!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Bandit12 wrote: »
    Just back from Taney road and some cars can't get up due to havy snowfall in last half hour. Stay put imo.

How about the Sandyford road down into Dundrum? Any idea what its like?

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭burly

Hi all,

Im planning on travelling to Dublin tonight for a Christy Moore concert in Vicar Street.
    Can anyone tell me what the N9/M9 is like from Waterford to Kilcullen??
    And also, what is the M7 like from Kilcullen into Dublin??

Cheers

How about the Sandyford road down into Dundrum? Any idea what its like?
    No. Did'nt come back that way. Take it handy whatever you do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭uturnin6weeks

Current view from Nutgrove Avu Rathfarnham, Dublin 14.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Morgase

ciaran67 wrote: »
    Not good now around Greystones. V heavy snow and roads like rinks. The ice is now hidden under a white blanket. Took some very long slides before stopping. Coming home will be a mare if you do go to work i would say.

Thanks for posting that. I was going to drive from Wicklow to Greystones and get the DART in as usual but thought the roads would have gotten worse after last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 aidan_mc

anyone have a current status on the M50

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,474 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

M50 between Firhouse and Dundrum was 100% perfect at 11am. Wet but not icy.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

burly wrote: »
    Hi all,

Im planning on travelling to Dublin tonight for a Christy Moore concert in Vicar Street.
    Can anyone tell me what the N9/M9 is like from Waterford to Kilcullen??
    And also, what is the M7 like from Kilcullen into Dublin??

Cheers

I drove the same route this morning.
    Slow lane on M9 is clear & safe, most people doing 40mph.
    Overtaking lane is mainly compacted snow/slush.
    The M7 was perfect in both lanes, cars were doing 60mph no bother.

Advertisement