Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road conditions-Report here please

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Roads around Mid-Kerry pretty bad ...

Glenbeigh to Killorglin very bad .....
    Castlemaine to Tralee extremely icy

No sign of Grit or Salt anywhere ..as usual :mad:

Update***
    Just seen a few council lorries about spreading grit on the roads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Was confused for a second as to how I'd managed to miss a 27 page thread! Probably should start a new one

While I'm posting though, the R250 is blocked near Fintown because of a lorry getting stuck and most side roads havent been gritted and are still impassable all around here

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

N11 to Rathnew heading south was fine but snow was starting to fall c. 6pm. Road from Rathnew to Glenealy and Rathdum onto Aughrim was progressively worse but got through with care without any problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

M50 bad at Tallaght - covered ! No road markings visible. Not slowing the traffic though, artics still ploughing through at 100k:rolleyes:

Edit : Yippee!! a post that actually posted !!

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

Any reports on the N81?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Dero123

M9 as far as Athy turn off was grand at 7.00pm, M7 from Rathcoole down was grand
    The new N78 was a bit scary in spots

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

patrickc wrote: »
    have to go Carlow-Mitchelstown-Tullamore-Carlow tomorrow.

going to go main roads all the way, carlow to Kilkenny to Clonmel , and onto M8, then M8/N8 to portlaoise and across to Tullamore, and then back to Carlow via N80 to Carlow.

anyone do any of these roads today, or know what there to be like?
    Some of our staff came the motorway KilKenny to Carlow this morning,not great at all. Saw elsewhere that motorway around Urlingford is poor too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

Bertser wrote: »
    Any reports on the N81?
    Bad at Tallaght/Templeogue due recent snow storm. May have improved in last 15 minutes depending on whether the fresh snow is freezing or melting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭patrickc

Some of our staff came the motorway KilKenny to Carlow this morning,not great at all. Saw elsewhere that motorway around Urlingford is poor too.

thanks but this was posted back in Jan/Feb :0 someone dug up and old thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

Not wrote: »
    Bad at Tallaght/Templeogue due recent snow storm. May have improved in last 15 minutes depending on whether the fresh snow is freezing or melting.

Thanks, if it's bad there surely can't be good nearer here :D:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Some of the roads i had to go through today

Ballybunion to Listowel - lethal 15mph max no sign of grit or salt being spread

N21 Tipperary to Cahair - gritted but still very dodgy in spots i would advice extreme caution

for anyone living in tipp most roads are very dangerous due to the council only gritting n roads for the most parts with a few heavily used r roads as well.

Safe motoring

/btw stupid ice wheres the snow

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Melanoma

Roads are very dangerous. There is snow drifts of up to 1.5 foot on the roads in the country. Advise no travel. Hope it melts off a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭alanajane

Anyone coming from Mullingar - Kinnegad - Clonard?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭alanajane

Anyone coming from Mullingar towards Kinnegad/Clonard direction?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

Not too bad. There are clear stretches on the M'Way. Only one lane open. Only went as far as the GarryCastle off ramp, but on ramp and off ramp were no problem and not frozen. Bit of common sense will go a long way when driving, but other than that there is nothing too dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭OnLooker

Knockmaroon Hill in Chapelozid was lethal this morning around 7.15am.

Anyone on it since?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭mac80

Whats the M1 like southbound ? Am dreading the commute tomorrow:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

I presume limerick to wexford is out tomorrow anyway? Waterford seems to be getting a serious dose.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

Windgates Hill in Greystones closed by the Guards just after 8pm.

Bit crap for me going to work in the morning seeing as I live on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭BigBrownBear

Tallaght Bypass ok but take care at Cheeverstown Rd junction as its very slippy.
    Good Thread too but surprised at the little amount of activity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

zuroph wrote: »
    I presume limerick to wexford is out tomorrow anyway? Waterford seems to be getting a serious dose.

Link.

I would say so, unless absolutely necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Just drove from Waterford to Wexford through blizzard conditions and snow accumulating on the road making it very difficult to drive. Then there were at least 2 trucks and a load of cars stuck on the hill coming out of New Ross. Some how I managed to get around all this but it was tough going after that. Had visions of spending the night in the car and being dug out in the morning. Then I met a gritter but that wasn't having much of an impact but was glad i wasn't the only one on the road. I arrived just outside Barntown and from then on there was nothing, just the snow on the verges from a few days ago mad the contrast! Delighted to be home though, felt I deserved one of the Ryanair fanfares!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

N11 around Stillorgan is pretty icy and bad, after UCD is completely clear (heading towards the city).

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

all roads in kilkenny will be pretty bad, had a couple of inches so far this evening and theyve been very slow to clear it after any other snow we've had.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭smodgley

trecherous in south wexford. snowing like hell @ 12.30 am

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭nyeb2007

As of 5pm today the N4 between Leixlip and Maynooth was a skating rink. - Dublin Bus has now cancelled all services.

I got as far as Tesco in Maynooth and had to ring my Dad to rescue me - I am 32 and consider myself a good driver, black ice wrote off my car new years eve just gone, has left me with major back and neck damage - unfortunately it has also left my physchologically scarred when driving in this weather. My Dad and neighbour who drives some sort of huge spec car with all the bells and whistles, 4 WD and a snow/ice driving sensor on it worth 50K - his car wasn't even gripping this road coming to my rescue.

Avoid Avoid Avoid - or if not please slow down, keep the revs low and the gears high and don't brake!!

sorry for waffling:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

nyeb2007 wrote: »
    As of 5pm today the N4 between Leixlip and Maynooth was a skating rink. - Dublin Bus has now cancelled all services.

I got as far as Tesco in Maynooth and had to ring my Dad to rescue me - I am 32 and consider myself a good driver, black ice wrote off my car new years eve just gone, has left me with major back and neck damage - unfortunately it has also left my physchologically scarred when driving in this weather. My Dad and neighbour who drives some sort of huge spec car with all the bells and whistles, 4 WD and a snow/ice driving sensor on it worth 50K - his car wasn't even gripping this road coming to my rescue.

Avoid Avoid Avoid - or if not please slow down, keep the revs low and the gears high and don't brake!!

sorry for waffling:o

Sorry to hear that the roads are in a shocking state :mad:
    thank God my family were safe on the roads today but they weren't safe on the footpaths they suffered injuries due to lethal conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭nyeb2007

123balltv wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that the roads are in a shocking state :mad:
    thank God my family were safe on the roads today but they weren't safe on the footpaths they suffered injuries due to lethal conditions.

Ah poor things - think we should all go around shaking de-icer salt ahead of us €10 for 25Kgs well worth it IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭FOXFISH1

The Drogheda to Kilmoon road is shocking icy...almost impossible to drive on, and as a result is blocked with stopped traffic at at least two locations.

The village of Julianstown was also blocked for most of the evening with stranded lorries. Not sure of the current status...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

nyeb2007 wrote: »
    Ah poor things - think we should all go around shaking de-icer salt ahead of us €10 for 25Kgs well worth it IMO

I'll get these eejits to shake the salt for me :)

SNN0523A-280_1037254a.jpg

Advertisement