Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road conditions-Report here please

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Does anyone know if they have salted the N17- south mayo an ice disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Does anyone know if they have salted the N17- south mayo an ice disaster.

aa roadwatch has been saying this all day
    *SLIGO/LEITRIM* Severe black ice on the N17 Sligo/Galway Rd between Collooney and Charlestown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 johnsturking

Does anyone know what it's like in longford and will there be snow tommorow ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭anoble66

it's nasty. any areas that have been in shade are slick with ice.

peasant wrote: »
    aa roadwatch has been saying this all day

Athlone bypass still mostly single lane, now freezing hard!

Speed camera near Kilmartin roundabout! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Very dangerous roads Mayo which i was(unfortunatly) on earlier.Swinford to Foxford(Buses blocking a bridge on that road,now cleared,ice all the way).Foxford to Ballina-Guards called out as cars had no grip whatsoever-they brought Salt/Grit with them too!! And worst of all Foxford to Ballyvarry-Tractor pulling cars up and around a bend on that road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

^ My neighbors told me Mayo coco is running out of grit. The taxis werent even running today.

If they dont sort it out they will have to get the army to help people.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

If they dont sort it out they will have to get the army to help people.
    Beat ya to it...there's about 20 Army lads clearing the pavements of our village in East Meath at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭smodgley

just home (to wexford) from dublin, Gorey bypass like an ice rink, freezing fog then to contend with through Enniscorthy to wexford, duncannon line not too bad as far as wellingtonbridge, lethal after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭maherball

Any Idea what the N4 into Dublin, and the quays in the city are like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

East Cork lethal tonight, stay at home

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭In my opinion

Roscommon: R325 Ballaghaderreen to Castlerea rd through Loughglynn is very very dangerous tonight for the first time since this spell started. Council had been treating road but rumour is salt is gone in Roscommon. No grit on it and its vvvv dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Lasts night freeze will ensure the snow will not be going anywhere until Friday/Saturday at the earliest.

Compacted everything.

Some great features out there.

Best was under a broken gutter where the water was splashing on the ground! Strangest ice formation underneath it!

Lol, I misread that initially as "some great fractures out there".

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭rgiller

Road in to Dublin from Athy was passable this morning although traffic moving quite slowly. Around junction 6 on the N7 the overtaking lane is unusable due to ice so there were big delays as the traffic merged from 3 to 2 lanes. Otherwise ok though

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭xTanyax

Good Morning to all,
    i was just wondering does anyone know if Knockmaroon hill Chapolizord is open? Thanks:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

xTanyax wrote: »
    Good Morning to all,
    i was just wondering does anyone know if Knockmaroon hill Chapolizord is open? Thanks:)

All I know is that the Survey Road is closed so I'd imagine Knockmaroon is closed!!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Any idea what Naas is like? Meant to be travelling up to pick up a car with a trailer. Might not be a great idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

yop wrote: »
    Any idea what Naas is like? Meant to be travelling up to pick up a car with a trailer. Might not be a great idea.

Main roads around town are clear. Estates on the other hand...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I live on Knockmarron hill and tis open, although I wish it was closed... forever!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

A nice general one here, Dundalk as a whole is LETHAL! Stay at home!

My car was skidding non stop doing just 1mph or less, I shat meself several times going down hills and I was leaving about 6-8 car lengths between me and the car infront and i'd still end up a length or two away after braking that far away.

It's the worst i've ever seen it out there, glad I got home in one piece.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Roads around Sligo/Leitrim are icing up fast after the snowfall.

Do not be fooled into thinking that where there isn't snow on the road it's safe to drive.

Wrong ...the snow is the safe bit. The rest is (or is rapidly tuning into) pure ice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭milly4ever

just heard on the news that the A1 is so bad, cars have had to turn back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Daisy Steiner

Please, if you are around East Limerick/North Tipp, don't drive unless it is an absolute necessity.

I have NEVER seen the roads this bad, freezing rain is falling and the roads as I say are like nothing I've ever seen before.

I am shaken after that drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 CMCSlane

New fall of snow has made Slane impassable from all directions. Don't even bother!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭mac80

Any update on what the M1 is like ??? Could really do with an update.

I have to travel to Santry tomorrow at 7AM.

Dundalk is lethal, worst I have ever seen !!

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Ahorseofaman

Please, if you are around East Limerick/North Tipp, don't drive unless it is an absolute necessity.

I have NEVER seen the roads this bad, freezing rain is falling and the roads as I say are like nothing I've ever seen before.

I am shaken after that drive.

same here in Mallow and Doneraile area,if you dont have to dont risk it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Rathdrum to Aughrim and beyond this evening was pretty poor but drivable and an improvement on this mornings drive the other way. Some people's driving the conditions is terrible. The car ahead of me kept braking, when braking is the last thing you want to be doing in these cold conditions, -5 ish at 6pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭dollydishmop

Heading to Rosslare early tomorrow morning, from the midlands...via Portlaoise, Carlow, Enniscorthy...

Should I just leave now and forget going to bed?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Recent snow in Carlow, stay home if you can!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

have to go from waterford to kilkenny in the morning for work, does anyone have any idea what the road is like:confused:

Advertisement