Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road conditions-Report here please

Options
1121314151618»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Louth Local Authorities Staff will commence Salting & Gritting at 0100 hrs and snow plough / blade as required on primary routes. Motorists are advised to drive with caution as conditions in the morning will be difficult.

http://www.louthcoco.ie/en/Road_conditions_difficult.html

• Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

My drive tonight from Blessington to Newcastle Co. Dublin was harrowing to say the least - I don't think I've ever gone off the road 3 times in any journey:(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Anyone know conditions on M4/M6 Dublin to Roscommon?

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭dollydishmop

Heading to Rosslare early tomorrow morning, from the midlands...via Portlaoise, Carlow, Enniscorthy...

Should I just leave now and forget going to bed?

Left home at 4.30am and made the 9am boat by the skin of our teeth! Journey normally just over 2 hrs.

Have some vid of the road conditions, but Stena wifi wont let me upload stuff :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭traco

One of our lads is arriving into Rosslare at 7pm this evening with a heavy load, heading to Naas. I would appreciate if anyone can update me on the M9 and M11 so that I can send him up the clearest route.

It might be a bit too early to call it yet but if anyone is heading home on these routes this evening it would be great if you could just drop a quick update.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Winger_PL

I'd go with the M/N11, it's nearer the coast and hence the temps should be higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭glimmerman123

We have had snow here in North Tipp all morning so the roads and especially the N7 Dublin to Limerick route will be dangerous when temperatures drop later today.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

We have had snow here in North Tipp all morning so the roads and especially the N7 Dublin to Limerick route will be dangerous when temperatures drop later today.

back roads are already suffering badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Had a bit of fun digging the car out yesterday,had to slow on a hill and got stuck,was like Austin Powers for 20 mins before I got it out of snow on the verge.Back roads are lethal.
    If you do slide don't do this.:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭tadcan

I was planning on going to Arklow on the N11 on motorbike tomorrow. Is it safe? Haven't been on since the snow started.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭swiftblade

Roads are lethal in Dundalk, even in the town centre were they are gritted. Very nearly got hit by an artic' lorry sliding sideways

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

tadcan wrote: »
    I was planning on going to Arklow on the N11 on motorbike tomorrow. Is it safe? Haven't been on since the snow started.

Wouldn't chance a motorbike,sleet and snow on the East Coast,when that freezes it'l be a skating rink.Take the train.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 flugus

Anyone know what road conditions are like between Gort and Loughrea?

Thanks!

flugus

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭laois gael

Main roads around Portlaoise and North Laois are not too bad was a bit of a thaw after the earlier snow fall side roads are lethal tho and have been for 10 days now...Heavy freezing tonight could me disaster on all routes!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

N4 between Edgeworthstown and Mullingar is treacherous particularly heading west but slippery going east also.

From Mullingar to Dublin it's treated but not cleared until you reach M4/M6 and fine from then on.

Normally the journey would take me 70 mins but today was almost 2 hrs each way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Cleavage1970

Anyone know what the N51 Athboy/Navan is is like? Have to do it in the morning to get to work :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22 eveamp

Anyone know what Griffith Ave is like? Or what its like in Malahide?

Advertisement