Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road conditions-Report here please

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,163 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Sandyford and Carrickmines is very poor. M50 slow.
    Avoid.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Galway County Council gritting operations and grit stock is now back to normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

10 cm here now and will be more very soon...

Just back from an adventurous drive into Wicklow town, anyone living in the Rathdrum-Aughrim and surrounding area I would advise staying at home, if you were mad enough to leave for work this morning, I'd advise you to book a hotel or stay with friends.... You will not get passed Glenealy railway bridge.. I'd be very surprised if a 4X4 could get passed later this evening...

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭artvandelay48

Hi,
    Anyone kow what the road over bray head is like?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

10-10-20 wrote: »
    Sandyford and Carrickmines is very poor. M50 slow.
    Avoid.

Cr@p... That's my way home.. I think i'll leave work now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

I'm in town and have to get out to Killiney. Any news on what the roads out that way are?

They weren't too bad yesterday

It looks like there will be a short improvement in the weather - no snow falling now.
    The M50 should improve from now on. I've seen a number of gritters around Loughlinstown in the last hour.

N11 junction from Ashford -> Dublin was blocked by a truck 40 mins ago. Unclear as to whether it's still blocked, but access is very slippy.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭JohnDigital

Hi,
    Anyone kow what the road over bray head is like?

Not sure yet, but I've heard that the Hills Roundabout (N11 to Southern Cross) is gridlocked and a number of dublin busses are stuck on the Killarney Road and cant get up the hill by that garage.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Dublin City Traffic Cams.

http://www.dublincity.ie/dublintraffic/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭artvandelay48

Not sure yet, but I've heard that the Hills Roundabout (N11 to Southern Cross) is gridlocked and a number of dublin busses are stuck on the Killarney Road and cant get up the hill by that garage.

Thanks John, looks like the charlesland exit might be the best for greystones then...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 keano12

anyone know wat the M50 south bound is like?

Sandyford is still a disaster anyone driving down past bewelys in a BMW is going to skid out seen too many cars happen to now

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭JohnDigital

Thanks John, looks like the charlesland exit might be the best for greystones then...

It took my wife an hour to get from one end of southern cross to the other just now, and she said that ther is a solid line of traffic trying to get up the greystones road, so yea, head for charlesland exit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭leincar

N80 Carlow to Bunclody is very bad with cars having trouble at Boggin Hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Updated: 06/01/2010 15:00:57

** DO NOT MAKE ANY UNNECESSARY JOURNEYS AROUND DUBLIN.** Very heavy traffic around the city centre most major routes. *CONDITIONS* • Extremely icy all around Blanchardstown. The Snugborough Rd is impassable. • Poor conditions in the Sandyford Ind Est; causing long delays. Very icy on the Kilbobbin Rd in Stepaside. Avoid the Glencullen area. Nearby, avoid Blackglen Rd as cars are unable to get up the hill from Lambs Cross. • In the city, Bridge St is closed bothways and Patrick's St inbound is closed as well. Gardai are diverting traffic. Harold's Cross Rd is down to one lane at the bridge due to a collision, delays from here through to the city centre. Delays outbound from Dorset St/Granby Row through to Drumcondra. • Heavy inbound from Con Colbert Rd and Parkgate St onto the North Quays through to O'Connell St Bridge. Slow on Caple St onto the Quays as well.

• Two breakdowns have been cleared from the N7/Nass Rd outbound onto the M50 northbound. Slow outbound from the Long Mile Rd to the Red Cow Interchange and slow then at Rathcoole, where motorists are having trouble getting up the hill. • Conditions are very bad on the M50 in both directions between J10 Ballymount and J14 Leopardstown. The exit ramps are particularly slippery. Traffic is slow as a result. Snow ploughs and gritters are out on the road. Traffic is at a standstill northbound on the M50 from before J13 Ballinteer, where motorists are having difficulty getting up the ramp. Nearby, the Drummartin Link Rd is very slippery. • Newtownpark Ave in Blackrock is closed from the N11 to Stradbrook Rd. Traffic is being diverted via Careysfort Ave. • Very icy around The Square in Tallaght and near the entrance to the hospital. The N81 is heavy inbound from The Square. Very dangerous on the N81 out towards Blessington. It's slow both ways on Old Bawn Rd.

• Lights out Cookstown Way/Belgard Square North. This is a Luas junction so extra care is needed on approach. • Very icy on Grange Rd and Ballyboden Rd near Marley Park. • Slippery conditions now around Shankill, Killiney, Ballybrack and Loughlinstown following recent snow. Kill Lane in Kill O' The Grange is very slippery too. • Continue to avoid the Strawberry Beds and Tinkers Hill. Also very icy on the Newcastle Rd, the Griffen Rd and Chapel Hill. Very icy also on Ballyowen Lane off the N4. Nearby, Gardai are still advising caution on Knockmaroon Hill. • Gardai in Rathmines are advising motorists that Rathgar Ave, Kenilworth Rd, Rathmines Rd and Cowper Rd are very slippery. Avoid Dartry Rd onto Miltown Rd. • The Chapelizod, Islandbridge and Knockmaroon Gates in the Phoenix Park remain closed and are unlikely to reopen until conditions improve.

• Still very icy on Carrickbrack Rd, Windgate Rd and Windgate Rise in Howth. Take care also on all minor and sheltered routes. • Slow from Clontraf to East Wall Rd due to bad conditions. • Still some ice on the Yellow Walls Rd, also at Seabury and on the Estuary Rd in Malahide. *TRAVEL* *DUBLIN BUS* Due to the wintry conditions, some Dublin Bus services have been curtailed. See www.dublinbus.ie for full details.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Roads very bad around River Road & Ashtown in D15. finglas end of River Road closed to traffic. Keep away also from New Dunsink Lane as its nigh on impossible to get up the hill unless you've 4 wheel drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭doccy

Just drove from Gorey to Greystones on the N11. It's treacherous, rarely got over 30mph the whole way.
    Gorey town is a total white out, any secondary road is to be avoided as its not there anymore :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

Ramada Roundabout closed in Bray, Windgates closed, SC Route blocked. Killarney Rd gridlock, Boghall Rd Gridlock....

jenzz wrote: »
    Ramada Roundabout closed in Bray, Windgates closed, SC Route blocked. Killarney Rd gridlock, Boghall Rd Gridlock....

any word on bray main street or little bray?

keano12 wrote: »
    any word on bray main street or little bray?

Only exit to N11 is being reported as Windsor Roundabout. Prob is everywhere gridlock now as cant get out. Seafront to Mums ( fergals church) 1 hr :eek::eek:

Main st & little Bray will be standstill because of it

• Advertisement

Only exit to N11 is being reported as Windsor Roundabout. Prob is everywhere gridlock now as cant get out. Seafront to Mums ( fergals church) 1 hr :eek::eek:

Main st & little Bray will be standstill because of it

balls!!!

balls!!!

Balls exactly....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Balls exactly....

Just got a phonecall from the oul fella who was dropping a brother up to his GF house at top of Boghall. Said it will take him 'a while' to get back :D

Calibos wrote: »
    Just got a phonecall from the oul fella who was dropping a brother up to his GF house at top of Boghall. Said it will take him 'a while' to get back :D

well seafront to top of bog 1hr :eek: Normally takes 2 min

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

13:00hrs - okay was leaving for work (The Park, Carrickmines) from Greystones today.

13:15 - arrive at roundabout near petrol station at Southern-Cross, Bray.
    Due to bad road conditions, I turned around at the petrol station and head towards the Boghall Rd...

13:35 - Get on to second roundabout heading towards Greystones (past Dell)...Cars stuck on windgates hill...Woman tells me that about 30 cars are stuck/abandoned...decide to head bakc down Southern Cross to make my way to slip road to get back down Wexford route on N11...bad idea...

15:30 (or lso) - Get off the Southern Cross and enter N11...traffic moves steadily along and I make my way back thru Delgany and arrive home at 15:45...

Not a nice day. Black ice everyway. Bray and N11 area pretty bad...haven't been about Greystones (but wasn't as severe as Bray).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Did a lot of people leave work early today? Very bad traffic around city - e.g. got report from wife traffic crawling on Constitution Hill up to Phibsborough. Road, covered in icy slush.

well seafront to top of bog 1hr :eek: Normally takes 2 min

Make that an hour & a half :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Mobhi1 wrote: »
    Did a lot of people leave work early today? Very bad traffic around city - e.g. got report from wife traffic crawling on Constitution Hill up to Phibsborough. Road, covered in icy slush.

I saw alotta staff leaving the factories/businesses along the Southern Cross...I'd say people have a fear of getting back home
    Make that an hour & a half

Over 2hrs for me...where It should have taken 10-15mins...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

red_bairn wrote: »
    I saw alotta staff leaving the factories/businesses along the Southern Cross...I'd say people have a fear of getting back home

Over 2hrs for me...where It should have taken 10-15mins...

They're probably avoiding the M50 and blocking up the city centre as well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

anyone know wat the M50 south bound is like?

Sandyford is still a disaster anyone driving down past bewelys in a BMW is going to skid out seen too many cars happen to now

took me 1 hour 40 mins from Citywest to Sandyford. N81 -> M50 South.

Took about 1 hour 20 to get to the M50 down the N81. M50 southbound is clear and very little traffic. That was between tallaght and J14 Leopardstown.

In and around that J14 roundabout was jammers though. M50 Northbound the whole way (opposite to my journey) was not moving... Avoid M50 Northbound if possible....

Advertisement